Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJI Phantom / Drone video.

What's up everyone.
    Well I've been waiting to use my phantom to film a game for a while, and I finally got the chance at a pretty open skirmish site.
    I mixed the footage with some headcam video from some of my fellow players, as well as one or two other cameras I set up around the site.
    It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it as my first attempt. Enjoy!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Re: DJI Phantom / Drone video.

That's really impressive tbh. The only thing that lets it down is the speedball style gameplay but that's no fault of yours.
    The same tech at a milsim game would be very watchable.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    George Carlin

Comment

Great video pal, I would like to see more for of this.

I am assuming your Drone is set to "Auto follow" on you?

Comment

Filming a milsim game might be fun, but I'd be worried about giving people's positions away.
        Also, this was the only field with enough open sky to fly it. Most of the milsim style play areas are wooded, so there's too many trees.

This model of the phantom doesn't have an auto follow function. I had to fly it myself and film other players.
        The newest model does have the 'tether' function, but I wouldn't trust it unless it was able to also sense and avoid objects. It's no good if you get too close to a tree and it follows you by smacking into it. I would like one eventually, but at the moment auto follow models are mucho expenso.

Thanks for the feedback!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Laughing Man i want you to hit me, as hard as you can.. Find out more about The Laughing Man
        Working...
        X