aiming or spraying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: aiming or spraying

I'll use full auto for a rapidly moving target, multiple targets or to keep a target in cover whilst team mates press up but even then it tends to be short bursts.

When in a defence situation when I can go prone I tend to use single shot as fewer rounds are less likely to give your position away
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

i would do semi but on the m4's the trigger is quite stiff and i feel it will wear out the switch assembly will wear out
      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

In the words of Cpl Hicks ' short controled bursts ' lol

Cant go wrong with aimed burst fire
        USMC are that awesome even Katy Perry wears MARPAT!!

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

i normally only use semi auto only as i find you can judge your next shot better

Comment

i shoot differently accoridng to the gun am using at the time, if im using my masada with its tightbore i pretty much stick to semi auto, if im on the sixty,, then hose and hope is the order of the day and if im using my lsw or rpk its a mixture according to the range and type of target.

Oh and no matter wether im spraying or snapping off singles, i always aim down the sights!

Comment

If the weapon is capable of different fire-modes, I tend to just use Semi or bursts of Auto in a pinch.

Comment

I shoot people.

Comment

I must admit I do a bit of both I do a lot of cqb which is single shot so I find myself using sights then, but when im in the field I aim and burst and with wind I find a short burst seem to help me adjust for wind a bit
                  That my thought any way ;-)
                  Originally posted by bulldoguk
                  Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

Spraying causes some of the issues on airsoft fields.

The reason we have sights is to use them, if you have to spray then you quite simply have not gotten close enough and are not playing properly or your gun needs looking at. The only exception is if you are a support gunner, a proper one with a bi-pod laden full size gun, not a M4/AK with a box mag.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

wait i dont understand this. Are you saying that firing in Auto is spraying. I fire my Gun Full Auto most of the time but i dont spray. I look down the optics(holographic sight) and fire. Would that be classified as spraying??

Comment

The only time I 'spray' (and we are semi only, lol) is when nearish a bunch of 'newer' gentlemen and they always dive for cover allowing you to gain an extra 20m and into actaul firing distance haha. Or when a sniper has me pinned and you just want a couple of seconds to get clear, pop off a few shots in his general direction and move. Other than that conserving ammo and making is close and personal is a lot of fun >:D

Comment

Both of the sites I've been two strictly forbid spraying/firing from the hip - it's not something that really bothers me but it's sometimes annoying when you want to run to cover.

Comment

Only time I spray is when I use my LMG and get contact while on the move , but then I'm not trying to hit anything just take the heat off my team so we can get into cover.
                            sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

Depends. Normally keep my rifle on auto but keep the bursts short. Drop it to semi for stealthiness.

As far as aiming down sights goes - always. Ive come across a few players at my local sight who dont bother with sights on their rifles at all, or duct tape extra batteries to them. Whats the point?
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Semi, cos the mags dont last long on auto. Gonna swap to 3rd burst instead of auto at some point.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
                                Working...
                                X