Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

Everyone who attended the Grand Slam at Anzio camp last weekend - brilliant level of play from all involved and some really, really nice sportsmanship.
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

My cousin and I had our first ever skirmish a week ago at UCAP The Wing, and even though there wasnt much of a turnout (2 marshals, 2 regulars) they were really welcoming, very helpful and patient as we didnt know the total ins and outs of everything, and just so we wouldnt get totally hammered, they paired each of us off with an experienced guy and we ended up having a few really good games that evening. Fantastic, definitely going again!
      Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

At Copehill Down after the old KGB to DBR switch, me and a DBR member were caught in a building holding people off, he ran out of ammo so lent him my Sig 226, during this time I'd managed to shoot someone twice in the chest while he was trying to sneak up on me, he laughed an said "Good shot mate, bloody bleeders though" and we both smiled. In the mean time someone threw a BFG up the stairs which missed my head by 2-3 inch.
        The guy who was hit on the stairs said "Don't take it mate, that shouldn't of happened as they're a H&S hazard" I smiled and thanked him, shot his team mate, shook both of their hands and they went off to regen.
        When we finally got shot, the guy who borrowed my pistol gave it me back and shook my hand as well as thanking me.

Just these little things that keep us smiling and remembering the nice side of the sport.

I will also add, a reason why I love the sport is just being able to go past/up to someone and smile, greet each other, and have an enjoyable conversation when you don't even know them!
        IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

At the outpost again and a guy was lying down in some long grass pinning us down I managed to flank him and as I was close I raised my gun and thought twice as I was too close and may of hurt the poor sod so I went for the knife kill (my very first knife kill I may add) as I got closer now about a few feet from him he hears me and goes for his side arm (which you do) at which point I dropped my gun on my single point and decided to the jump on this poor unsuspecting fellow lol
          Once I got off of him he congratulated me and a good laugh was had by all
          Thanks for being my first knife kill bud
          ;-)
          Originally posted by bulldoguk
          Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

At Catterick this morning I saw an ISAF guy limping down the main street to Regen. Then out of nowhere a Taliban lad ran over and got under his arm and helped him get there. Thought that was awesome; that the enemy were willing to take themselves out of play to help. I would have helped myself if I wasn't arse over tit in a bush...

Comment

Played at F&O the Asylum in the Summer and my G3 decided the motor didnt want to stay connected and thus wouldnt fire. A guy leant me his G&P M4 and I had one of the best days skirmishing ever. Thanks again if you are reading this.
              Knowledge is power

Comment

I lost my TM hicapa today, was absolutely gutted, it fell as I was running to the enemies base, I searched for 15mins to try find it, I thought it had ruined my day when a marshall came over and handed it me, a oldish guy has handed it in, THANKYOU! if your reading this you made my day, so happy, what a lovely chap, he even offered me some bungee cord so I wouldnt lose it again, guys like him make airsofting amazing!

Thankyou once again!

Comment

I'm going to get this going again.
                  Romeo6 bunker in Devon, new site.
                  Just done a weekender there.
                  The staff are amazing, really silly friendly (OP tactical Airsoft).
                  Some amazing play and great sportsmanship all weekend.
                  Non of that tit for tat crap, no arguments, no one really lost their tempers. That was down to very aware marshals.
                  It is by far one of, if not the best weekender I've done.
                  Team Outkasts (last years Ai 5 man team winners) were a great bunch.
                  All the other players were awesome.
                  I loved it!
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

One of the first times i went airsofting (2nd or 3rd) there was a guy there who had a big M249 and of course me being new thought big gun must kill everyone. So i went up to him and asked what brand is that and then the guy just say 'oh, its an A&K. Do you want to use it' and i said 'Yes!' so he just hands me this gun and just lets me use it for the rest of the day(he also had a L96). The one really funny part was it was just before and single shot only game ( very CQB ) and i just turn to the Marshal and say what do with this and he just looked at me grinning and said ' just try not to be trigger happy' still one of my favorite airsofting days.

Comment

I love this thread, a lot better than the "tw*at's on the field" thread.
                      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Indeed. Shame more people arent using it.

Is airsoft that full of morons that there are more bad times than good?
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Not at all Sean old chap.
                          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Standard rules in the food industry. Someone has a bad experience they tell 10 people, someone has a good experience they tell one person.

People are more likely to talk about bad times than good times.

I have had a few times when people have completely got the drop on me and i've just turned round and gone "ok...i'll take that hit before you kill me" or guys saying "Hey mate, you wanna just take the hit"

Actually thinking about it...It's worrying so many people get that close before I notice...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

everyone at my local, not sure if mentioning its name brakes the rules but a good bunch people, lacking sanity and in some cases teeth but every game i played their bar 1 in the 3 years has been non stop awsome (that 1 game, so very cold)

Comment

Feel free to name a good site. As said elarlier, people are only too happy to pokr fingers at bad gamesmanship. Here is where we applaud good stuff.

We're Nice Chaps like that.
                                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                                Working...
                                X