Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

Originally posted by j.kinglsey View Post
    One of the first times i went airsofting (2nd or 3rd) there was a guy there who had a big M249 and of course me being new thought big gun must kill everyone. So i went up to him and asked what brand is that and then the guy just say 'oh, its an A&K. Do you want to use it' and i said 'Yes!' so he just hands me this gun and just lets me use it for the rest of the day(he also had a L96). The one really funny part was it was just before and single shot only game ( very CQB ) and i just turn to the Marshal and say what do with this and he just looked at me grinning and said ' just try not to be trigger happy' still one of my favorite airsofting days.
    It just goes to show there are some good people in airsoft.

Comment

There are a few guys at my local site that will do anything they can to help you. When I first bought my ptw I had a problem with the motor and one of the guys swapped it out for his brand new spare so i could send it off to be repaired. I used his spare for about 2 weeks an he just wanted to make sure I could keep playing! He didn't have to and i hadn't asked, he simply got the motor out an offered it to me.

Comment

Had 3 of the Op for surrender to me at my local on a night game.
        I entered a room with 3 of them facing the other way, one turns around and colour challenges me, then taps his mates and tells them they are all dead men walking.

Lovely bunch of chaps, shook their hands as they strolled back to regen!

Comment

At the last davistow game with CAA there was the usual nice chaps and good sports.
          As we unpacked for the day I noticed a guy with a P90.I have been looking for a cqb weapon so I had a long chat with him about its good and bad points and I had a good fondle of the P90.
          Later in the day I stupidly didnt notice a bb jam,result one stripped piston.One of the guys offered me a new piston he had in the van.I didnt take him up on his offer as I had a backup gun and wanted to play.
          In the last game of the day I was first to run out of respawns(not unusual lol) so I stood at our respawn site.One guy was having feeding problems with his new M4 so I lent him a full highcap which worked and off he went back into the game.
          A little while later another guy came up complaining his battery was dead.As I had a fully charged and loaded G&G M4 on me I handed it to him and off he went back to the game.
          I didnt think anything of it as it seems everyone at CAA is a nice chap/chap'ess.

Si

Comment

I love the guys at CAA.
            No clickyness and everyone is always willing to help out.
            Tbh, CAA is what Airsoft is about.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
              I love the guys at CAA.
              No clickyness and everyone is always willing to help out.
              Tbh, CAA is what Airsoft is about.
              I couldnt agree more.I am very new to airsoft and didnt know what to expect.
              Everyone at CAA made me feel very welcome with plenty of help and advice.
              Iv made some good friends and learnt loads.
              As you said,its what airsoft is about.

Si

Comment

Well, sometime I'm sure we will cross paths, more than welcome to tag along with us for the day.
                I'm quite noticeable as loud and loopy, hence the pipe and silly hat in my avatar.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Well, sometime I'm sure we will cross paths, more than welcome to tag along with us for the day.
                  I'm quite noticeable as loud and loopy, hence the pipe and silly hat in my avatar.
                  We may have met already if you played at either of the last two davidstow games.
                  I will hopfully be at the next tresillian game as I have some new toys and upgrades to test out.

Si
                  Last edited by sigee; 27 March, 2013, 14:57.

Comment

I did the first davidstow game which was a while ago.

Comment

I did the first davidstow game which was a while ago.
                      I hadnt started airsoft then.

Si

Comment

I'm new to airsoft too, the guy that introduced me to the sport brought along a veteran (who got him into the sport), without even knowing me he offered me the use of a torch, tracer unit and tracer BB's.

Later on in the game I was having feeding issues/flash mag cord sticking and he helped me fix it, offered advice with silicon grease and even offered me the loan of his M4 if I continued to have problems.

He's since got in touch and invited me to a Thursday eve game at the Mall................

What a fantasic chap!

Comment

Can i nominate myself XD

playing a game the other week that was dragging on for to long, some of my team ran out of ammo
                          i had my l96 with my m4 stubby back-up. and my 226
                          so i gave one guy my l96 and some mags
                          and handed my pistol over to the other with spare mags.

ive had several guys toss me a spare mag or 2

when i first went airsofting i was rental tastic, the "regulars" on my team all dipped into there kit and gave me a high cap each
                          ended up with about 6 mags lol.
                          everyone introduced themselves and asked my name etc, added me on facebook etc
                          good bunch of blokes

Comment

Originally posted in funniest moments:

A proper Johnny English here; I'm playing down at Dropzone in an attack/defend game, a couple of us are flanking around the woodland side I'm the only one with the balls to push up to the buildings, which involves crossing about 20m of dead ground with a stream running through it. Anyway, as I get there I hear a tango moving around the corner from me, probably about 4m along the adjacent wall. So I pop round, bring my AEG up and *whir-click* oh sausages my gearbox jams. Duck back, reach for my mp9, pop out again and *psshhh* mag vents...duck back again just avoiding a hail of white plastic. So I think what the hell, and go to draw my axe that I keep down the back of my chest rig; as I leg it round the corner the axe head catches on the carry handle and flies out of my hand, leaving me standing with an outstretched but empty hand at the end of his m4. The proper gent that he was he lowers his gun, shakes my outstretched hand and says "yeah, I think you've earned this one".
                            don't get mad at people who don't call their hits, if they didn't call it you must have missed...keep shooting...reload if you have to...

Comment

At the Asylum last sunday: we have cleared out the top floor of Knoll apart from one room which we know an enemy player is hiding. There are about 4 of us with weapons pointed at the door and we are about too breach. One of my team mates suddenly realises that he has pyro left and so tells us to wait and he will just chuck it in saving us getting potentially shot. The enemy player in the room obviously hears us talking about this and we hear a timid "are you going to throw a pyro in here?" we reply with a confused yes. He calls "hit" and walks out of the room, shakes all our hands and walks away to his re-gen.
                              Battle Plan:
                              1)Run madly at enemy. (shooting weapons is optional)
                              2)Die.
                              3)Run to Re-spawn.
                              4)Return to point 1 and repeat until successful.

Comment

Keep up the good work Chaps.

Good manners and courtesy will always win the day.
                                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                                Working...
                                X