Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

Have had a lot of good experiences with both players and marshalls at CSW in the past; the last time I went (admittedly a while ago) a couple of us got pinned down in a building with another guy who was quite happy to chat to my mate about his AK while kicking any incoming pyros down the stairs and keeping us alive. My G36 also decided to tear it's internals apart halfway through the day, and the guys at the rental desk just let me borrow one of theirs (battery and some ammo included) no questions asked.
    - Thunder Ducks -
    Rifles: TM G36k, G&P M4A1 Masterkey, AGM XM8 (For Sale)
    Pistols: KJW M9 Full Metal (For Sale), TM Desert Eagle

Comment

A few weeks ago at Xsite I saw a £10 note on the floor so I told the marshall and instead of him asking all the players if any of them had lost £10 he just put it in his pocket and started the game ! By the time I had chance to react players had split up in every direction.
      sigpic

Comment

The above is bad sportsmanship. Also, not a good advert for the site.
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Seriously think about it. If he went around asking if anyone had dropped money the first person would say yes for free money. Chances are that they waited until the person came to them.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Quite.
            Anyway, can we get back to the important business - recognising GOOD players, and sportsmanship?
            Thank you kindly.
            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by perry.L View Post
              A few weeks ago at Xsite I saw a £10 note on the floor so I told the marshall and instead of him asking all the players if any of them had lost £10 he just put it in his pocket and started the game ! By the time I had chance to react players had split up in every direction.
              Damn that was my bus fare ..I had to walk home.....

Comment

Originally posted by perry.L View Post
                Hopefully if no-one claimed it by the end of the day he put it in the charity box..

Comment

Had some great moment last sunday at BlueStreak, my AEG failed midway through a game and one of the lads on my team just handed over his cut-down M4 and he just bounded off with a pistol and a knife and towards the end of the day during a particularly long game i was pretty much out of ammo and another chap who had been deaded off my team just hands over his M4 and a spare hicap. solid lads and the marshals didnt even charge me extra for a rental to finish the day with. Great sports and smashing customer service
                  Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

i met some awesome guys at blue streak on 30th June i lost a lot of range of classic army g36 but while i was saying to one of lads about it another comes over and takes it off me to have a look and starts trying to sort it for me i got a little bit of range back (but not lot as i found out the hop rubber was fecked) but i thought that was nice the dude dropped what he was doing to come and help me out. I also had some dude say sorry to me as i was running for cover and for got to check my corners and he shot me in both thigh with his pistol form about 4 feet even know it was my fault for going all rambo and not checking my corners he apologized for shooting me

Comment

Op tacs Bolt head Bunker.
                      Everyone were fine sportsmen and women all day.
                      All the hits taken, no shenanigans, just all round friendly awesomeness.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Got to add one to this thread. Ambush Wargames chobham evening game last wednesday, after clearing the fort (as far as i had thought) only to walk in and hear a wisper from the gantry Surrender right above my head. took it silently and just walked out as a hit.

Thank you kind fellow for not lighting up my skull as you where very very close when i turned around and i had no hat on. i expect so little when i go to chobam only a bit of light stress relief mid week so i alpaud your kindness.

Comment

Just had another game at Bluestreak Airsoft, and once again the lads excelled themselves. Fantastic service and support, prime example being that i was a gnats away from getting heatstroke on the day and they were watchful and kept an eye until i was up and running again. cant fault a thing with Ratty and the boys, they have a laugh, encourage others to do the same and work as teams but also keep a sharp eye for infractions. Superb sportsmanship all day, all in all a solid site well worth the time to get to.
                          Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

i was at fire ball squadron the other month where i sneeked thought some roderdendron bushes got behind the ememy lines and managed to take out two guards with a pair of double taps. and got a "nice shooting mate" from the suprised pair. i was taken aback i didnt expect it. great guys i was just a vistor to their site. i will be going back

Comment

In a pistols only game I came around a corner on a guy and both our pistols vented. Unluckily for him I also had my rubber bayonet. Guy took being knifed very well and was rather impressed. Great guy
                              Cardiff University Airsoft Society
                              Like our Facebook page.
                              And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
                              sigpic

Comment

During one of the maaaaaaany games where I run out of ammo (I was only running 6 mids but on this occasion I didn't run out as such... I broke my speedloader), a dead player on the opposite team offered me use of his 417, a hicap and told me to rinse his son.

I was gentle but it just goes to show that people at my site are out there to have fun rather than taking things too seriously.
                                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                                Working...
                                X