Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

A nice gent at the mall lent me his magpul masada (his main gun btw, he went pistol only!) and mags, because my new (at the time) vector was too hot to use there, and my UAR stripped its piston. Maybe it was the crocodile onesie i was wearing... Who knows!
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

i was qt Airsoft Plantation a few months ago and just before lunch my G36c locked up (still dont know why) i had packed light that day so didn't even have a pistol to use when a very nice chap asks if i want to borrow his DMR (running at 350fps with full auto) he finished buliding the night before and hasn't used yet! needless to say he deserves a mention on here.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Great thread guys, It shows someone new that my manners will be appreciated.

On my first Skirmish I was huddled down behind a tree that had some pronounced roots, when in the corner of my eye a bush stood up, I watched the enemy sniper in his full Ghillie suit wonder around in small circles looking very confused so I just turned my rifle around & followed his movements but I didn't shoot, because it just didn't seem right to get my first kill out of this, after a bit he looked straight at me & nearly jumped out of his skin smiled & just said "Aww Bang I'll take that one"
        I asked what he was doing & he tells me that his phone had fallen out of his pocket.

So I just dropped my rif and helped him in his search, within a split second of standing up I get hit.....the marshal who was watching us walked up & told me not to take the hit. Eventually we found the phone (After me taking more hits, again with the marshal telling me to ignore them).

We shook hands & I got my first kill......I was well chuffed & also won some new friends. Win all round

...........................after reading this thread I think I'm gonna do O.K in this sport

Comment

When i first started i got lent a rifle or a pistol a bunch of times and im always happy to return the favour as it always seems to make the day that little bit better and we get posts from new players and old, talking about that complete stranger on a match that helped them midgame and made the day more enjoyable.

I've so far made about 20 new friends since starting skirmishing and this trend only seems to continue as i meet new guys or veteran players and their attitude to the day, to other players just makes the overall experience that much more enjoyable and in turn encourages others to act in the same way
          Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Tried a site I've never used before on Friday evening, Exeter UCZ (Exeter bunker).
            Met some good guys there.
            Brilliant hit taking all night.
            Over all, a brilliant night.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Random video from Youtube, well done to the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=128TmZNLIFM
              For Sale
              Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                Random video from Youtube, well done to the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=128TmZNLIFM
                the same can't be said for the staff.. the guy was a little (lot) rough no?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  the same can't be said for the staff.. the guy was a little (lot) rough no?
                  Doesn't look like he was rough, he just grabbed the front of the mask and the back to pull it back down on his face properly since it was still half way on his head then directed him to the tent.
                  For Sale
                  Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

actually yeah i suppose watching it back again, i stopped at the wrong time on the first watch

Comment

• Re: Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

I have finally finished reading the tw@t's on the field thread, and i must say this thread is much more refreshing (although, an online picnic would be tough contender for the title. Hawke, i commend you you on your bravery, starting a picnic on a forum is not a game for the feint of heart)

As such, I would like to see this thread continued.

A couple of weeks ago, I had my first go at AIPSC in an effort to improve my pistol skills for skirmish. The owner of a site in the midlands (well known for its 'suspension of disbelief') not only introduced me to the practices involved, but he walked me through the absolute basics with endless patience while i derped about looking like a tool. To this man, i say a massive thank you!

On a side note, a lovely chap named lewis taught me a lot about how to draw my pistol well, so another big thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrolpointman View Post
                        I stacked it pretty badly on Saturday just gone (30th June) at Urban Assault- running out across open ground and *WHAM!!*, ankle slides from under me like a greased-up girl in a gimp suit

Gods how I wish I were in a position to be able to make that comparison.........
                        sigpic.
                        Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                        Especially mine.

Comment

This section doesn't get used nearly enough.

Bristol courts on Sunday.
                          Small numbers but top gameplay.
                          Some great guys there.
                          Some fine chap with caboose on a patch on his rig, another lad in a black suit with a deagle.
                          Guy in black with a ginger beard, a lad with a skull neck gater, and a really tall lad in black who was a sneaky one.
                          Not to mention the new guys renting.
                          Had a great game and well worth the 2 hour trip up to brizzol.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Had a visit down to tech brigade yesterday for the first time with some mates so thought I'd write it up on here as it seems fitting. I found them to be some of the friendliest guys I've met at an airsoft site. Shortly after unpacking, my 416 started having some firing problems (typical...), so I decided to have a quick chat to the site owner to see if anyone had any idea what it could be. Within minutes one of the regulars was disassembling it with me and figured out the problem (turned out to be dodgy wiring). I was a bit disheartened and so decided to hang back in the safe zone and see if there were any replacement bits I could buy off the site owner. He ended up lending me a g36 with two mags for the entire day for free! Top lad, honestly even some of my regular sites would expect me to pay if I was borrowing a rental. All throughout the day the regulars and site staff were friendly as hell and I'd definately recommend going.

Comment

Had a wonderful moment during yesterday's play. Big group of rentals, bit of a pain as they spent all day shooting each other in between games and generally being prats, but one stood above the rest.

Playing a 3 flag capture the flag game, we've pushed right and changed one flag, another group has pushed left, reach the flag, but not changed it yet.

A guy behind me starts yelling
                              "Oi! Oi! Change the flag!"
                              His mate turns to him and says
                              "don't yell Oi at them, that's really rude. Get over there and do it yourself!"
                              And off he ran!

Comment

Pretty good day skirmishing down at mapleduram, good group to play with, usual 'not calling hits' accusations towards members of both sides, but overall both sides were good, had a few hits throughout the day that stung a bit, all times lads making the hits apoligised sincerely, probably enjoyed the day the most out of the times I've been, shows how a bit of good sportsmanship can make the day better

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                                Working...
                                X