Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

i shot my 7 month old rotty last night messing about with the hop
    fortunately he was at the other end of the garden and it apparantly didnt bother him he just turned round to see where it came from lol

Comment

I shot my £800 flat screen TV and killed it with my old masada :/

Had it on my lap to adjust the sight and caught the trigger whilst fiddling about. Mrs wasn't best pleased and I felt like a right idiot.

Suffice it to say all RIF's are cleared in the garden before being brought into the house.

Comment

My Silly mistake was a 5 day old laptop... Ancient DE springer discharged at point blank into the very top of the screen.
        Honestly thought it was clear of the top and facing out into garden. A centimeter higher would have ended much better.
        Took me a few minutes to realise that pretty pattern was the LCD hemorrhaging its vital fluids :s
        The missus reported my horrified squeal as 'hilarious', the cost of a replacement coming from our joint account soon quelled her mirth :p
        Chuck Norris doesn't believe in high-caps. His low-caps hold 400 rounds through fear alone...

Comment

Was test firing a 450 fps Real Sword SVD which wasnt firing right...emptied the magazine(at least I thought), and turned it upside down to empty the last couple in the hop, then put my hand over the nozzle to test the air seal...Id missed one BB and took it in the finger point blank...450fps...hurt like a bugger. About half the BB was embedded in my finger and I literally had to scoop it out!

Comment

i once in a slightly intoxicated state decided the best way to kill a moth in my room was by using a Glock 18c aep... lets just say after the extended mag was empty the moth was dead! the plaster board resembled a golf ball...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've almost lost my right eye twice due to ND's with GBB pistols. I'm talking mm's from losing my eye! Needless to say I take safety extremely seriously around those people now!

I've had AEG's short out and empty half a mag into various things but luckily I've always had the gun pointed at something soft and that's not of value. I've seen my brother shoot out a security light whilst trying to kill a moth, the parents weren't happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_XIII View Post
                I've almost lost my right eye twice due to ND's with GBB pistols. I'm talking mm's from losing my eye! Needless to say I take safety extremely seriously around those people now!

I've had AEG's short out and empty half a mag into various things but luckily I've always had the gun pointed at something soft and that's not of value. I've seen my brother shoot out a security light whilst trying to kill a moth, the parents weren't happy!

Werent you wearing eye protection?

Comment

what the guy above said. and why have it loaded while in the house?

Comment

Because my friends were idiots and didn't know how to check the chamber for a BB and the mag for gas. I was about to put my eye protection on when the guy shot me first time, second time was just a freak accident. Needless to say, I don't trust those guys with airsoft guns unless I'm wearing eye pro now. Regular airsofters have never had an ND around me so I'm cool with them.

Comment

I don't really think I'd count someone that shot me in the face on purpose with a bb when I wasn't wearing eye pro a friend....
                      sigpic

Comment

My mate did this in a similar state with a spider and an M9 after a couple of jacks.

Fair play to the lad his very first shot buried the spider into the plaster board.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

I played at Battle Lakes last year, it was a two day event as was absolutly brillient. As the game was drawing to an end I was sitting at base camp inside the game area so face masks were still on and was getting a bit annoyed with one of the marshalls. The marshal in question was dry firing his AEG right in my friends face and other players to see if they would flinch - real nice guy (and complete tit!), I was sitting down on the other side of a bench from the guy and pulled out my MEU, had a quick check of the mag which was empty off bb's but not gas and said "oi a$$ wipe" and prompty fired the 'empty' gun right at his groin. The marshal deffinatly flinched and also curled up in a ball and collapsed to the floor, I assured him it was empty and he should stop messing around, though of course it wasn't empty and there was a bb in the chamber, he told me it got him "right in the tip".

Comment

I'm allways very careful about making sure my guns are clear before I put them away, and not re-loading them with BB's till I get to the next game day.
                            that being said, I got a hell of a shock when I pulled the trigger on my glock, to check how smooth it was after cleaning and oiling, only to be reminded my mags are now stored gassed, and so the damn thing went off. no pellets though, so no damage.
                            Not actually a builder
                            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Managed to shoot through the bottom of my plastic bucket I use for washing the car... I was using it to stand my self resetting target on... and the bipod closed when I pulled the trigger. Needless to say I now have a pointless bucket!
                              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I ALWAYS clear the gun, remove the battery and empty the mags before i leave a site. The mrs hates have the guns in the house.

the mags, battery and guns are always kept seperate as well lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                                Working...
                                X