Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

I was working on an upgrade project to allow my skorpion Vz61 to use normal batteries. Sadly I was having an issue with the motor connections due to snapping one of the connector lugs off :3

I left the battery connected and while fiddling around with the motor it suddenly sparked and the air nozzle shot forwards and whacked me in the eye at around 100fps at a guess. Uckfing hurt and my eyes were watering all day afterwards!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
      Managed to shoot through the bottom of my plastic bucket I use for washing the car... I was using it to stand my self resetting target on... and the bipod closed when I pulled the trigger. Needless to say I now have a pointless bucket!
      Useless bucket, or useful large garden colander?

Comment

Took a *massive* chunk out of the catflap with my A&K dragunov by firing off the action with a bloody mag on... really school boy error.

Missus was not impressed. Probably the only time i've done that in 20 years of handling real firearms and airsoft and paintball guns and i still cant believe i was that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Doombull3t View Post
          There is, but its classed as a Error in drill, well it is in the Army anyway, ND's are a seriously chargeable offence, i know a guy in afghan that let a 3 rd burst of a GPMG and lost his 6 thousand pound bonus pay, only good part of the ND was that he got flown home early. i treat my rifles like the real things, I do all my rifle drill on my ICS L85 like the real steel. not had a single ND yet, and never will if i continue to do what i do with the real thing.
          I saw a girl empty the best part of the mag on a range once during a TA course, she'd done daily cleaning, done a function check... forgot to reset the fire selector, gone on the range, loaded and made ready and still not notice... every one starts taking single aimed shots.... and Brrrrrrrrrrrap. That probably cost her a fair bit.

Comment

Only happened to me once, i had a co2 kwa sig226 that i had aquired. Was messing around.in the back garden with it...as you do... wearing eye protection i 'emptied' the mag, i didnt drop it out, which my error...spun.it round to.check the chamber was clear and caught the trigger. Near point blank it went through my safespecs and bounced of my eyebrow. I now sport a small scar there.

I am now in fact a little more dilligent when using my aegs and gbbp's. I now also have shiney new safespecs courtasy of work, amd being an engineer, i get one rated to over 700 fps. I have 6 pairs to be sure.
            Uksf loadout

TM 417 recoil.
            Custom built L119A1
            WE P228

Comment

Originally posted by sean_waller View Post
              Only happened to me once, i had a co2 kwa sig226 that i had aquired. Was messing around.in the back garden with it...as you do... wearing eye protection i 'emptied' the mag, i didnt drop it out, which my error...spun.it round to.check the chamber was clear and caught the trigger. Near point blank it went through my safespecs and bounced of my eyebrow. I now sport a small scar there.

I am now in fact a little more dilligent when using my aegs and gbbp's. I now also have shiney new safespecs courtasy of work, amd being an engineer, i get one rated to over 700 fps. I have 6 pairs to be sure.
              Best way to be safe... wear all 6 pairs at once Don't think a bb would get through that lot!

Comment

Once put battery in my third gun - a src g36- and it fired until I removed the battery , piece of crap

But airsoft guns aren't the only things accidentally discharged in my house

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

put a battery in a brand new fresh out the wrapper kart m14 ebr ,didn't even fit the mag ,test fired it.......it had one in the chamber,no harm done as i was in my workshop but a bit of a surprise.

Comment

Having made my Scar L safe at the site, and put it in gun bag, I, for some reason, I left it downstairs at home, and, you know what it's like guys, something happens and it ends up out of the bag, my wife has a go about not getting guns out etc, but of course it's empty, is it f**k, a single loose bb has gone down the muzzle, I pull the trigger to prove its empty, and bang a bb hits the wall hits the floor, and, unbelievably, by a thousand to one chance, (this sounds funny but believe me it wasn't) goes straight up my wifes nose and gets stuck, she had to blow her nose a couple of times to get it out, she understandably, went hysterical, first with fear as to what had happened, then anger at what could have happened, it could easily have taken her eye out, that really was a lesson and a half for me guys, beware, guns are always guns, treat them with great care, and never ever, assume they're safe.
                    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Am i the only one who disconnects the battery before leaving the site?

Edit: spelling nazi
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I don't disconnect my battery just for the fact it's an epic on one of my guns. However, its cleared and checked clear whenever the mag comes out for anything other than a reload. I never travel with mags in the same bag as the gun either.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

True story.

Just bought a shotgun off the second hand section recentley (KTW Spas 12 to be precise) and in true usual fashion, like i usually do, i decided to make extra sure that it was infact truly unloaded before go mental with the cocking action, macho poseing you know the usual :P

I cocked it back and had a quick fire into the pillow to stop any potential stray shot from bounceing around.

"Click".... nothing.

"Hmm...." I thought, "Must be empty after all." As i proceeded to lift it up i noticed some weird rattleing coming from inside the gun. On further inspection i didnt see anything that would indicate a broken peice of the gun or anything coming loose. I dry fired again just to make sure that it wasnt a rouge beeb bideing its time. Again, nothing. By this time the rattleing was really putting me of, so i decided to tip the gun upside down to inspect the fake shell loading slot (which does nothing by the way) and sure enough a beeb plopped onto the ground.

Thinking that the problem was fixed i shook the Spas 12 again, and this time no rattle. "Okie dokie." i thought, "No probs at all."

So having 'made sure' the gun was 'SAFE' i proceeded to shoulder the weapon, cock and fire.

The beeb that hid in the chamber raced out and must have ricochet about my room 10 times, before finnaly smacking off my t.v and rolling to a stop.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" i Thought. In a Panic, i deceded to cock and fire into my pillow was more, not knowing what to expect now. and sure enough...1 ...2 ...3 ...4 ...5 hidden beebs came blasting out one after the other!!!

I later sat down and gave it another looking over. When the next skirmish day came along i picked the shotgun up and headed to the site to check it out. It was during the initial testing that i deiscovered the magazine for the KTW spas 12 only feeds so many of the beebs bar the last 5 or 6. At that point, if you hold the gun upside down and cock it, it will start loading those loose rounds. I later found out that a few other folk had a similar problem like this.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                            put a battery in a brand new fresh out the wrapper kart m14 ebr ,didn't even fit the mag ,test fired it.......it had one in the chamber,no harm done as i was in my workshop but a bit of a surprise.
                            Congratulations! You've discovered the world's first Quality Checked Kart M14!! Rejoice!
                            sigpic

Comment

My parents old house is full of dents from those old kit built springers that you got in the early 90's, I think they were secretly relived when the guns broke (which they always did after a week or so).

When my brother was about 12 he was lying on his bed swinging a pistol though to be unloaded about until he happened to pull the trigger and managed to shatter the light bulb - scared the bejesus out of both of us.

Another time about the same age he "didn't realise" that if he aimed for my reflection in the bathroom mirror the bb would hit where he was aiming (my nose).

I took delivery of a paintball gun that was 30 years old and hadn't been shot in 20 years and managed to shoot the window in the back room when testing to see if it still held gas!

Most recent was finished tuning up another very old paintball gun, couldn't shoot paint in the house so tried an old trick to see if it was going to be at a usable velocity by holding my hand a foot from the muzzle and pulling the trigger (you get a feel for whats a resonable blast), I was damn sure there was no paintball in it but hadn't accounted for the tiny bit of metal from the top of the 12 gram co2 finding its way all the way through the valve and into my palm!

Comment

i was testing the hop and fps of my m60 then the trigger got stuck down, takes a few seconds to discon the battery from it lol
                                Attached Files

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                                Working...
                                X