Worst Gun Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst Gun Malfunction

I tripped on a root, landed on my full plastic XM8 and the stock snapped clean in half. Had to use it as a compact until I could get it home and glue it back together. It worked, but I had to extend it and wrap duct tape around it because it wouldn't stay in the right place. No more botch jobs for me though =)

Comment

i was charging around a mates quarry once, shooting but not hitting, when i was out i went to the dead zone to find my mag had fallen out......

i was in shock for a while, not because i had lost a mag, but because i was stupid enough not to notice!

(the malfunction was my brain)

Comment

At a skirmish yesterday my G36 stopped firing rounds (action working, just no BB's coming out). Went through all the usual checks - mags were feeding properly etc.

Removed the mag and shone a torch down the barrel, and spotted a BB wedged in there which simply would not budge. With the help of a couple of mates we sprayed silicon in there, and with liberal use of a cleaning rod and constantly firing off the action, we watched in disbelief as almost 50 BB's came dropping out of the magwell, one-by-one

I think I had more BB's in the barrel than the mag!

The tech onsite said he'd never seen anything like it before. I just hope that the inner barrel has not been damaged. Also have to wait for the silicon to dry and clean it out, as currently the rounds are flying all over the shop! Can't do anything for a month until our next skirmish, as we have to store our weapons in a storage in Belgium (as airsoft is not legal in The Netherlands... yet).

Thankfully my ICSL85 worked fine all day, so at least I was able to keep playing.
        Last edited by Quokka; 27 March, 2011, 14:46.

Comment

My 3 weeks old G&G gr-16 stripping its piston in under 3 skirmishes, parents weren't happy when they found out.
          Really put me off buying another G&G gun

Comment

OK, so it didn't happen to me, and wasn't really airsoft, but meh, bovvered.

One on the Lynx Door Gunners out in Northern Ireland was carrying out a check shoot over the Lough (what we English call a big lake) on floating targets.

The Lynx approached the live fire line, the gunner fixed a belt of 4:1 Ball/Tracer 7.62 into the fixed GPMG, and waited for the pilot to call on target. Pilot acquires and confirms, gives the gunner a green light to engage.

Rather than the usual 3 second burst of hurty lead, there was a crunch, and the barrell fell off, and disappeared forever into the deepest part of the lake. He hadn't fully engaged the barrell mechanism when he fitted it...

Similar story in Lulworth in Dorset on the gunnery range, this time with the WAH 64D Apache Longbow. We were doing a live shoot with the 30mm cannon, the one that tracks the co-pilots head movements.

At the landing point, the arming crew loaded up, which takes a while, then the LPC gives the go ahead for wheels up. The crew fly a circuit and come onto target, the first 4-5 rounds come out as normal, set fire to the target, then something silly happened.

The entire barrell assembly had unscrewed itself wear it had been cross threaded. When the groundcrew finally found it, it was half buried in the dirt.

Army: Be the best....
            'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

just me and a friend hidden behind a rock ran out of ammo on the l85 then wipped out the m203-wasnt loaded so the last resort, my pistol fired one shot and the pistol didnt even have gas in so i just shouted hit came out of the rock to see 5 guys running at us= friend nearly bleeding
              T.W.A.A.T-tactical woodland airsoft assault team

Comment

This was when i was younger, and probably on my first skirmish. So i was running around with my JG m4 s-system and the back pin had wobbled itself free (which i didnt know about). Was running around with it just holding the pistol grip, came up to engage an enemy and my gun is split in half. I was shocked as i had no idea of what had actually happened. Not really a malfunction now but back then was disastrous.

Comment

Using a friends VSR. pull back the bolt.. just keeps sliding back, you get the idea haha he wasn't happy

Comment

It wasn't exactly a fail, but I came running round a corner with my aeg M4 cqb, saw two guys facing the other way so shouted BANG BANG BANG surrender or I shoot.
                    Both turned round and looked at me, I thought they were going to fire so I pulled the trigger, to find nothing happened!
                    They then put their hand up and started walking away.

They weren't best pleased when I told them my gun had screwed up and they could have just shot me.

since this incident I have seen to my shitty wiring.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

electrocuted myself on my ris when someone had pulled the battery and the wire stripped.
                      lol

Comment

I was in a make shift bell tower type thing the other day when I heard from down below: "Is the tower empty?!" Popped my head out and there's a guy aiming at me but low and behold his gun jammed. So he got two in the ass. Not my gun malfunction but funny none the less, until I noticed the pea nade rolling about at my feet, turns out he had the last laugh.
                        429 Semper Vigilo

Comment

I was in a certain london gun shop having had a pgc gearbox fitted to my m249 this was many years ago.

I slap in the battery a 4200 9.6v super large battery I do recall, and before I can shoot the gun smoke starts coming out of it. It seams they did a rubbish job of wiring it.

Then I find out they killed my systema heli speed gears when they had done the build and damaged the piston, they installed guarder straight cut speed gears.

When I fired it it was doing about 40rps no guns did 40rps back then not on a 9.6v and torque motor anyway they had been instructed to build the gun to 330fps turns out they chucked a 1j spring into it and never chrono`d it

I chrono`d it at 190fps turns out the pgc gearbox is a bit longer so you need a spacer or longer or stronger spring I fitted an m120 spring and never let anyone except myself work on my guns again as the only gun tech I trusted disappeared one day, that was till I bumped into Midas lol
                          sigpic
                          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

my AK stopped feeding and both my pistos where down and out so i was going with a VSR clone (swiss arms SA1) and after the red dot i was useing broke i was stuck with a 3 -9 scope which i hate useing, i cant hit a barn from the inside with that scope.
                            last to go was the maglip which broke clean off, i spent the last half hour of the game useing a borrowed co2 pistol.

Comment

My friends M4 randomly slid apart during a game.

We still cant work out how its possible but, only one pin fell out, as he bent down to pick it up. The upper reciever slid off the front and shortly after the mag dropped out.

Now, I can image this happening on a dodgey M4 with both pins removed however when we picked up the top reciever, the read pin was still inserted =S

This happened just as 3 or 4 guys came around the corner and peppered him whilst he had the upper reciever in one hand and the lower in the other!
                              Kiran Payne
                              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                              Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

• The rear pin doesn't hold the receiver, just the gearbox!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                                Working...
                                X