Worst Gun Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst Gun Malfunction

Once lent a friend one of my APS2s cos he wanted to try sniping for a round, 30min later I find him behind a barricade with some admiring onlookers firing away and doing ok. He then hands me most of a steel cocking handle, looks sheepish, then keeps firing while having to cock about 2cm of sharp, broken metal with a bloody hand! Impressive but was more than a bit miffed!

Also once saw a guy go to shoot his pistol only to have the mag shoot out of the bottom like a rocket and the slide disintegrate in all directions! Never seen anything like that since!

Comment

Was showing my (first and only) M4 to some mates in my house the other day, very smugly making holes in cereal packets etc when the thing just started howling. Turned out the previous owner had stripped enough threads in the pistol grip for the base plate to slide off... fail!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

1. B*tches about how you should get stuck in to the game more to friend
        2. Jumps over rock
        3. Badly lands over rock jump
        4. falls on m16a4 stock
        5. stock breaks
        6. Uses bandages to tape the battery to carry handle for the rest of the day
        7. Dies a little inside
        Originally posted by LtPurcy
        You know how pimps have to keep their pimp hand strong

Well Trolls have to keep their troll crown shiny
        Originally posted by jonny lovegrove
        Ah i see, that must be how i convinced so many people to come, its stupidly long.

Comment

I suprised that there hasn't been a M16 snap story yet. Those things are dodgy...

Comment

All these remind me why I use a gas rifle!

That said, worst malfunction I had was due to my own idiocy back when I first got said gas rifle. I had no idea how to look after it and hadn't lubed it. Needless to say the bolt wouldn't cycle properly, and in one game I had 6 mags with me. Fired off a few shots when the enemy were closing in, and the first mag vents all the gas.

Change mags, pull the trigger, same issue. This happened for all six mags, at which point I took a round to the face and was out of the game.

Needless to say I went straight on the internet that night and learned how to maintain it. Never had an issue since.
            Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

my friends old FN F2000, cant remember the make. Theres a button on the side of the receiver which disassembles the gun. If you hit this button by accident, the gun splits in two, this isn't before the mag also decides to empty 500 rounds every way round the insides of the gun.

Comment

Both worst and best gun malfunction was when I upgraded my ics ak 74 internals with a new silent piston head/piston/cylinder head only for something to come loose mid way in a game and the gearbox ground to a halt. When I opened it up the only thing remaining of the piston head and piston was some little shards of metal and a fine orange powder that used to be the upgrades... However the gears were clean and unscathed :D

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
                  This is going to be a grim thread.. hah

Mine is a severe sling smeg up, the clip gave way, sending my beloved MP5 on a skydiving lesson. It hit the deck and broke it's neck

That sling (Viper) has now been burned.
                  Originally posted by palmer234 View Post
                  went to shoot someone with my glock and the slide decided to fire off about fifteen feet in front of me. bad times
                  These are grim lol
                  If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

Clink, Clink Jimmy dug out some dirt.
                    “That will be enough,” he said.
                    “It’s too deep!” Lauren shouted. The moon rose above the dark, eerie clouds, an owl hooted as Lauren put the coffin in the ground. “I don’t want you doing this,” She sighed.
                    “Come on its only one night. Besides, no one comes to the old Indian Cemetery! There’s only going to be like two feet of dirt over the casket.”
                    “You have your tube to breathe through right?”
                    “Of Course I do,” he said reassuring her.
                    He jumped into the coffin with his water and phone so he could keep in touch with Lauren. The hole was about four and a half feet deep. Lauren closed the casket, nailed it shut, and lowered it down. She began to shovel dirt into the hole. The last thing she did was put in the two and a half foot tube so Jimmy could breathe.
                    She dialed his number on her phone and called him above the surface.
                    “You okay?” she said, with a quiver in her voice
                    “Yeah it’s really cozy down here.” He said mocking her.
                    “Haha funny” she said sarcastically, “I’ll be back tomorrow at six AM to dig you out ok?” She whispered in the phone.
                    “Ok Bye. I’ll see you in the morning” he said. She started her truck and headed down the road. She traveled down a dirt road surrounded by woods and forest. She felt like eyes were watching her every move. Chills ran down her back as she thought of terrible situations Jimmy could get into. But she got a grip on herself and kept driving.
                    Lauren got home late at 12:30 AM and ran upstairs in her room and fell asleep.
                    Rain started to fall as she drifted to sleep. A light shower swept over Ann Arbor, as Jimmy laid there dozing in and out of sleep.
                    Jimmy finally woke up. This coffin is so hot, Jimmy thought. A rain drop hit him through the tube, then another. He started freaking out; he shouted “Help! Help! I’m trapped!” He got out his phone to call Lauren. The phone rang and rang then went to voice mail. He listened in terror “Hey its Lauren leave a message.” Beep.
                    “LAUREN HELP I’M STUCK ITS DOWN POURING I DON’T WANT TO DO THIS COME GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANT TO BE DOWN HERE ANYMORE!”
                    He laid there for what seemed like hours and hours listening for his phone to go off. Then it occurred to him he could call his mom. He got out his phone but, just as he typed in 616 his phone died and turned off.
                    “NO!” he shouted. I hate this get me out of here I want help! He hit the coffin with all his strength in all his shouting and panic he passed out.
                    Jimmy woke up and was very confused but he then remembered his idea and felt stupid for even considering doing this.
                    “What time is it?” he said aloud. He looked at the watch on his wrist. He could barely see. The time said 3:30 AM; the watch that was on his wrist was a present from Lauren and just looking at it brought tears to his eyes. He was scared something happened to her, or what if she forgot? What if no one comes to get him he thought about his last words he said to the most important people in his life. Before he left the house he and his mom got in an awful fight and he stormed out of the house. He sobbed himself to sleep.
                    An older woman walked into the cemetery at around 5:30 AM when the sun was just beginning to rise. Her little gold lab was with her wondering around the remains of Indians in the old cemetery. She had a grandfather buried here. She noticed the newly buried dirt pile. “That’s weird; no one ever gets buried here anymore. Someone probably did it overnight.” She said to her dog like it actually understood.
                    Her dog went to the new tomb and acted weird as if someone was in danger. He barked and started to dig. The woman immediately corrected the dog and they walked around and observed the pile of dirt more. As she was observing the newly dug dirt pile she stepped on Jimmy’s breathing tube and tripped. She didn’t notice it. She got up and walked away. She paid her respects to her grandfather and left.
                    Jimmy woke up. “What’s wrong I can’t breathe” he tried to breathe through the tube but got a mouth full of dirt. He flipped out he clawed at the coffin till his fingers were bloody he punched the lid as hard as he could until his knuckles bled.
                    The sun creaked through the blinds and woke Lauren up. She looked at the alarm clock. It read 7:45 AM. She screamed louder than ever.
                    “Damn it! i’m late!” She got dressed, she grabbed her keys. Then she ran out the door.
                    She rushed out the house and got in her truck. Her engine roared then shut off. She turned the key helplessly trying to get the engine to start. Lauren got out of the car and sprinted down the street. Her phone beeped as she was sprinting down the terrifying dirt road listening to the voice mail Jimmy sent her late last night.
                    She cut through the woods, traveled through some thickets and made it to the Indian cemetery. A sign read “Turn back, no trespassing.” She saw the newly buried earth but saw no tube. She went crazy she didn’t know how long he had been without air or if he was even still alive. In all of the time she was freaking out at home about how late she was she didn’t think of bringing a shovel. She had two options. Run back home and get a shovel. Or dig him out with her hands. She had to save him she ran to the dirt pile and dug with her hands.
                    “Jimmy, Jimmy! Can you hear me?” she yelled at the top of her lungs. She didn’t hear a response which made her dig even faster.
                    She got down to the casket, and dug all the dirt out. The casket had to be opened. Lauren got on the other side of the cheap wooden casket and pulled. Lauren felt a sharp pain in her wrist, she whimpered in pain. Her wrist became red, she bled in the side of her skin but, she was determined to open the casket. After five minutes of pain and pulling, the casket finally budged.
                    Jimmy’s body laid there motionless. She teared up and cried she screamed and yelled and shouted. She wished she never agreed.
                    Lauren stood there sobbing thinking what to do. She got off the ground with a tear running down her eye; Lauren piled the dirt back in the hole on the coffin and left the cemetery.
                    A sudden bang came from beneath the earth under the pile of dirt where Jimmy was buried alive, and no one was there to hear it or rescue Jimmy who was still alive in the coffin.
                    Originally posted by JayB591
                    The 99%ers 'what am bestust gun for me on budgit of tennar'
                    Originally posted by Phatvortex
                    You've never searched for bacon? Then you are not a true man.

Comment

Dude, that sounds like a really intense metaphor for a gun malfunction!
                      Legion 286

Comment

how about my gun arriving fully auto and being held at customs, now it is being prepped for destruction, (NZ Semi-Auto only). This just pisses me off that I paid to have it semied and they FAILED..... MISERABLY!

Comment

Originally posted by The-Dude View Post
                          *Horror story totally unrelated to gun malfunction*

Comment

Playing at red 1 a month or so ago I loaded my new Lonex mag full of bbs into my m4 and started firing to see white shit coming out of my barrel for 15 secs before the gun jammed and stopped firing went back to safe zone to examine what was wrong to find the barrel feed nozzle and everything full of polystyrene . Took bloody ages to clean it all out !! All I can think of is that the mag had it inside it from new !!!!

Comment

My masada locked onto full auto without my finger on the trigger and i shot half my team in the back.

Comment

I had MOSFET wiring in my ICS M4 and since I was playing a semi only game. I got asked to give some suppressing which I did, Because of my itchy trigger finger my gun just stopped firing. So I went back to the safe zone thinking that my battery was dead, swapped it and still wouldn't fire. When I took my glove off and held the pistol grip it was VERY hot... My selector plate and Motor was screwed because of MOSFET and 11.1 Lipos.

Wolf

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                                Working...
                                X