Worst Gun Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst Gun Malfunction

Playing at TWA Urban with an SRC M4 CQB. Put it down on a sandbag for a second to help prop a big plank of wood u against some other sandbags as cover, the other team storms through towards us, I rush to pick my M4 up and slide behind cover and as I go to light up 3 guys who were begging for bb's I hear this gruesome gnashing wirring sound. Turns out the piston had shredded, gouged and practically welded itself inside the gearbox. The tech who fixed it for me had to work on the gearbox for 4 hours to get the piston out, replace gears and try and get it to work but it no matter what he tried it just didn't work again. Then the gearbox case decided to die. Needless to say, none of the important internals in that gun are stock SRC anymore. Never buying an SRC gun again.

Comment

• This is the story ofSRC.
      My local tech hates them.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Remember a guy a while back who kept lecturing everyone about how he runs all his tm pistols unmodified on propane , mapp gas etc . So we asked for a demo of his gun a tm xdm on mapp gas to see the fps figures ,
        He gassed it up fired it and the slide flew backwards of the gun and smacked him full wallop in the face , cue all of us in hysterics and a guy walking off with a broken gun and his tail between his legs . He kept very silent the next few times we saw him .

Comment

I use mine (1911) on propane, still ABS, 320fps this sunday. Have used it on propane since i got it years ago
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

My TM P90 caught fire once. Was due to a dodgy MOSFET, burnt out the motor and all.

--

Also Ive never had an issue running any TM guns on MAPP or Propane, except the TM 5.7. The likely hood is it had an issue before hand, that could have been caused on GG.

At the end GG IS Propane.

Comment

Have seen a few 57. Guns with the lugs worn away due to wear from higher power gasses, terminal damage unless you bodge them and try and build them up again .. .the older tm guns were less efficient with gas , so seem to hold up better than the new stuff , with the exeption of the px4 which thrives on stronger gasses .

Comment

My first time at the Mall, I took my two M4's down with me. My new ICS was to hot so feel back to my G&G CM16. Had a techie adjust my motor on it for me as it was a bit screamy! With that done and less shrill, we all went to where the brief is done, everyone taking a few test shots before, line my sights up on a particular barrel, squeezed the trigger on semi, only to fire a hail of rounds off! Flicked to safe only for it to continue, Starting to panic as the brief was now under way, I had to rip the butt stock off to disconnect the battery, people ducking from the incoming bb's pinging everywhere. Managed to grab the muzzle as well in my haste leaving three blood blisters from the hits I took on my fingers.
                Felt pretty sheepish after that. Thankfully my mate let me his spare, other wise that would of been teo hours of driving for a pistol shoot!

Comment

Last week, i was doing a game, with my WE M4 OB. Half way through the day i hear rattling and clanging. I pull the bolt out while taking fire over my head and my charging handle guide just fell off in the woods. Now i dropped to ground like a retard looking in around for 10 mins in the grass and mud trying to find the little allen key screw that holds the dame thing in place. Finally i did find it and tightened the charging guide down. Now after that 5 mins later my air nozzle just gets stuck. And I mean stuck to a point that I had to put all my force in it to pull it out all the way to find the seal round the end of the nozzle had torn and moved out of place making it wedged in the BCG. So pretty much it just put my gun out of order!..had to switch to my Sopmod after that!
                  Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

So many smiles and cries reading this lot, got a few of my own :

Brother using a Shoot & Scoot custom Bren, trigger locks up with a full mag and battery connector you cant get to without holding the gun at a bad angle... Whilst we were all in a building.

Mate Jack slips, does and awesome combat roll, ricochets off a fence and lands on his shotgun, pretty much breaking it in two.

Me, slips and faceplants whilst carrying my SG-1, as i am falling all i can think about is TM being plastic, so i swing the gun round by the pistol grip before i hit the ground. I did save the gun, but i got a face full of dirt and the imprint of a rather sharp edged ris accross the back of my head.

Oh and an honorable mention to my mates dad, day after getting his TM FAMAS, he spins round whilst running in a tight corridor and the barrel hits the rough stone wall... Local tech is doing some reconstructive surgery.

Comment

Fixing a mate's broken sig p226. My first demo of it went like this - lock slide back, insert mag, release slide. FULL AUTO THE WHOLE MAG OUT THE FRONT.

Broken sears are so much fun :D
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                        Fixing a mate's broken sig p226. My first demo of it went like this - lock slide back, insert mag, release slide. FULL AUTO THE WHOLE MAG OUT THE FRONT.

Broken sears are so much fun :D
                        had that happen with a we 1911. well didnt fire the full mag because as we all know with we's it vented after the first 6 shots lol
                        one with me would be falling down a steep hill snapping the pistol grip and the motor off my ics sig 551. the bit where the grip screws on to snapped in half. and i cant find one anywhere.
                        the grip and the motors fine though. anyone know where to get that part?
                        another using a mates vsr only to pull the bolt back and have it twat me in the face!
                        sigpic

Comment

Used JG Bar10. Cocked the thing like I had done it before 100 times that day, and when getting the bolt back in front, you could hear "POW" inside, the bolt goes forward with some force and makes a 8cm cut on my index finger.

Sear was fucked.
                          Hooray.
                          My youtube channel

Comment

My first GBB handgun was an SRC M9 (best gun ever in my eyes at the time ) Went to chrono it one morning and that was the last I saw of the safety and some other inner parts of the gun because it pretty much exploded in my hand as all gas in the mag discharged at once. That one went straight in the bin!

Comment

Had a TM P90 catch fire mid game then the upper fell off.

There was a pretty bad short where some wiring had been rubbing, motor caught fire as I went to inspect it the upper flew off. Needless to say I had to buy a new body.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

Not my worst malfunction by a long shot, - I had a SCAR set on fire inside a gun bag (lesson learned, don't rewire a scar then leave it in a gunbag with the battery attached) but one of the only ones I have on video... my CYMA AK stripped a piston midgame back in 2008

I apologise for my friends very colourful language lol
                                CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                                Working...
                                X