How f'in cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How f'in cold!

Bloody hell, I am just starting to feel my fingers after today's outdoor skirmish.

Started off at -4 at 9am-ish, went to around zero at 1am, then back to -1 by 3!

Suprisingly, lying on the ground was not too bad as it was solid! No mud or wetness.

Anyway, PSG hopup was screwed!! Was gutted, fitted a new hop up at the end of the day and it was perfect, so I ended up playing most the day with a screwed hop up! The madbull one doesn't seem to suit the PSG at all, systema ftw!

Took a few nasty headshots today as well, and one smashed my lip and teeth from fairly close! Got lucky there - need to hurry up and get that mask ordered.

Anyway, anyone else have a good session today despite the cold? Pistols would not work for sh*t today, not surprising with the temperature, tried warming the gas and pistol up but no good.

Still looking forward to the new years bash on 2nd, will have a new rifle then too :D
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Re: How f'in cold!!!

You're fine!

It measured -7 here.
    I then went to dig up and lie in snow for half a hour.

Permafroosstt!!

Comment

-7? Damn, although a few degrees more I still wouldn't have felt - I was numb lol.
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L

Comment

Yup, -7!

And same here, having been ghillie'd up and camped down for a good while, I could not feel anything! I had to move my hands/feet once in a while to make sure they still worked!

As for the gas pistols.... ha! No chance, but I still had to carry it for the minimum engagement rule. Didn't have to use it, but if I did, no hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
          Yup, -7!

And same here, having been ghillie'd up and camped down for a good while, I could not feel anything! I had to move my hands/feet once in a while to make sure they still worked!

As for the gas pistols.... ha! No chance, but I still had to carry it for the minimum engagement rule. Didn't have to use it, but if I did, no hope!
          Yeh, I was on the deck for a bit, was nice not to get messed up but bloody cold.

Packed a pistol when the shots on the PSG started spooning just incase, but 2 shots and 'PSSSSSHHHHHT' see you later gas!

Despite the cold though, the shots to the mouth, ear and head still hurt! It didn't help either that some of the guys on site wern't taking their shots - there were quite a few heated debates today.....
          Weapons of Choice:
          G&G SOC-16
          JG - AK47 tactical
          VFC Scar - L

Comment

-7 in north wales to!!!!

Comment

was playing today yup was pretty cold!

Comment

It was pretty cool actually at one point, as the brook was frozen, so we managed to get into it although very slippery and get a good spot to take people out coming over the bridge to help out attack advance!

The cold bought the constant campers out though, they had to run around every now and then to get warm!
                Weapons of Choice:
                G&G SOC-16
                JG - AK47 tactical
                VFC Scar - L

Comment

Yeah, if anything the coldness adds to the pain of a hit.

Here's a tip for nutters who still use a gas weapon in this tempreture - get yourself some small pocket warmers for camping and what-not and rest your gas mags on them in safezone. They'll work for a bit.

Alternativly, keep it in your pocket along with your mags if you're still intent on using gas weapons!

Comment

Oakley SI gloves are **** in the snow
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 20 December, 2009, 02:25.

Comment

Yeah, if anything the coldness adds to the pain of a hit.

Here's a tip for nutters who still use a gas weapon in this tempreture - get yourself some small pocket warmers for camping and what-not and rest your gas mags on them in safezone. They'll work for a bit.

Alternativly, keep it in your pocket along with your mags if you're still intent on using gas weapons!
                      Thats a good shout mate, you can get those packs that you can reuse as hand warmers, can't remember exactly how they work, but stacking one in the pistol holder would be a good idea if you needed it as backup.
                      Weapons of Choice:
                      G&G SOC-16
                      JG - AK47 tactical
                      VFC Scar - L

Comment

The type I used had a snap bar on top, this caused the chemical re-action to heat up.

But yeah, just had a idea. If you are using a adjustable holster, get it so it fits the pack and then the pistol inbetween it, if you see what I mean. That way the actual holster should be warm, including the mag and mag pouch some have on front.

Just a thought..

Comment

The type I used had a snap bar on top, this caused the chemical re-action to heat up.

But yeah, just had a idea. If you are using a adjustable holster, get it so it fits the pack and then the pistol inbetween it, if you see what I mean. That way the actual holster should be warm, including the mag and mag pouch some have on front.

Just a thought..
                          Yeh cool, going to try that on the second of Jan, wouldn't mind actually being able to use my new pistol and not have to wait another few months!!
                          Weapons of Choice:
                          G&G SOC-16
                          JG - AK47 tactical
                          VFC Scar - L

Comment

Originally posted by steveoz View Post
                            anyone else have a good session today
                            Also had a screwed hop, but it was a balmy 28 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by amandla36 View Post
                              Also had a screwed hop, but it was a balmy 28 degrees
                              Damn, for such a small thing they do cause a lot of problems when they go!

And I'm not even going to think of 28 degrees, that's our bloody summer, damn you! lol
                              Weapons of Choice:
                              G&G SOC-16
                              JG - AK47 tactical
                              VFC Scar - L

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
                              Working...
                              X