why is there always a royal marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why is there always a royal marine?

Are they not the Stirling Airsoft team? They do Milsim like you wouldn't believe. Fly in by helicopter and then radio for airstrikes. He could well be ex RM etc as I know a few are.
    SAS tend to be ex Para & Army
    SBS tend to be RM & RN (non fat lads), worked with a few SBS lads back in 94 doing an exercise, supprised how "normal" they looked, you see these films on TV etc and you expect 6'6" built like brick shit houses but they looked like I did (yes I was slim once upon a time).

Comment

Originally posted by rubi-tong View Post
      Time served or had enough?
      Wish I'd have stayed in (did 9 years), a mate of mine who I joined with has 1 year left! 22years done....retires at 41!
      He's off to Canada with his wifey and lad.
      I've just been lay'd off 3 weeks before Christmas... If you can, stay in or at least put more thought into your resettlement course than I did.
      Mark
      Half pension done, wrapped my tits in with it tbh.
      Losing the T22's was a massive blow, then finding I really didnt enjoy T23s that much due to the fact they hate 22 ratings so treated us with utter contempt.
      That in amongst being mugged off with duties all the time or just never getting to go home for sh*t reasons.
      Oh and bein cocked about by drafty over the years. Two ghanners trips taken away from me after spending 6-7 weeks getting trained up, passing all the phys only to find 2 weeks before, Ive been pulled off and sent to a ship to replace a potmess wren who didnt want to be at sea, so they sent them out to the sandpit instead!!!!! Threaders was not the word.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Are they not the Stirling Airsoft team? They do Milsim like you wouldn't believe. Fly in by helicopter and then radio for airstrikes. He could well be ex RM etc as I know a few are.
        SAS tend to be ex Para & Army
        SBS tend to be RM & RN (non fat lads), worked with a few SBS lads back in 94 doing an exercise, supprised how "normal" they looked, you see these films on TV etc and you expect 6'6" built like brick shit houses but they looked like I did (yes I was slim once upon a time).
        Oh no, I know all about Stirling but as far as I can tell he's not actually anything to do with their team (I know most of them by sight from milsims), I think they've just done their selection weekend.
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

No idea then mate? Sorry

Comment

Hey Sean, you want threaders, speak to my wife.

Big wedding planned and payed for. Cancelled at a massive loss for deployment to Iraq. Had a shotgun registry office weeding as she was preggers with my oldest and if i came back in a box she'd have got next to f*** all.

Not a problem, we'll do it properly at our 5 year anniversary.

Big wedding planned and paid for. Told i was of to the 'stan. Cancelled wedding (not such a huge financial loss this time as i remembered the first mistakes, however, still had a very pissed off wife. Then got a posting order through which took me off the 'stan tour and meant i would be about for our proposed wedding day, which was now all booked up and deposits lost etc.

Been married nearly 7 years. Had 3 weddings booked, 2 big ones that were cancelled and one small one (me, her, 2 witnesses, 2 registrars) in jeans and a t-shirt.

Now she REALLY is pissed of with serving Queen and Country!

Comment

I know how you feel bud, whilst not weddings. For me it was bloody holidays.
              Book a holiday over a leave period, let people know your plans, then boom, a week before, 'sorry dude, you are now leave duties!' Or the 'can you come back, we have been activated FRE'.
              Needless to say, I haven't had a holiday in 12 years.
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Time served or had enough?
                Wish I'd have stayed in (did 9 years), a mate of mine who I joined with has 1 year left! 22years done....retires at 41!
                He's off to Canada with his wifey and lad.
                I've just been lay'd off 3 weeks before Christmas... If you can, stay in or at least put more thought into your resettlement course than I did.
                Mark
                I now a lot of guys who have had this happen to them. As for me, I was lucky, very lucky. I did 6 years (not all boozing and volleyball) and left one Friday in June 2000, was on a rig the following Thursday. Never been out of work since and have seen a bit more of the world with the oil industry than what I did in the Army. Still miss it, though.

Comment

I looked into going on the rigs a few weeks ago, one company said "if you pay us £127 and don't mind what job you do, they can help me!"
                  Sounded a bit suss so didn't bother. Does interest me though, but not sure how my Kids would be with me being away for a month or so.
                  Mark

Comment

A lot of the rig recruitment agencies do charge a fee.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      A lot of the rig recruitment agencies do charge a fee.
                      They shouldn't do, its against the employment agencies act. The act states that fees must not be applied to job seekers other than for ppe or circumstances such as a model agency. There may well be loop holes but in general they shouldn't be charging fees for their services.
                      Last edited by emergencychimp; 7 December, 2012, 21:57. Reason: spelling!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

They aren't an employment agency. You pay them to provide a service.

Comment

When did this go from a "Walt" thread, to a "Swing the light and pull up a sandbag" thread?

Back on track (Which is unusual for me!) I went to my local site a while back and there was a lad wearing my regimental beret (RTR). Intrigued, I asked what Unit he was with and he replied "First" which intrigued me even further, as I'd never seen him before and I knew every man and his dog. I asked if he knew a few lads who I knew were still serving, one of which was the RSM and surprise surprise, he didn't know any of them!

Also, I've never seen this lad there since? A fibber or Walt? I dunno? Maybe?
                          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Sorry for going off thread BAMF.
                            We had a couple of Walts on my local. Do these people really think no one who plays has ever served? I love it, playing them at their own game makes my day. Had a chap tell me he was in the Army aircore on the Apache! Anyway I got chatting and asked what the sticks do as there's two. He said "the rudder stick makes you go left and right and the 'cycle' stick makes you go up and down and forward and back"
                            I asked what the pedals are for and he stopped for a second and then said the Apache doesn't have pedal!

I didn't say anything, I'm not one to embarrass people but IF you have to make up a career then do a little research first! Bloody amateur....lol

Comment

Yeah...what colour IS the boathouse at Hereford?
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Sorry for going off thread BAMF.
                                We had a couple of Walts on my local. Do these people really think no one who plays has ever served? I love it, playing them at their own game makes my day. Had a chap tell me he was in the Army aircore on the Apache! Anyway I got chatting and asked what the sticks do as there's two. He said "the rudder stick makes you go left and right and the 'cycle' stick makes you go up and down and forward and back"
                                I asked what the pedals are for and he stopped for a second and then said the Apache doesn't have pedal!

I didn't say anything, I'm not one to embarrass people but IF you have to make up a career then do a little research first! Bloody amateur....lol
                                Holy crap, even I know that to a point. Forward on the stick is forward, back is back, left is to sideslide left (strafe) and right is right.
                                The cyclic stick is your up and down and throttle and the peddles are the yaw left and right (spin) , essentually a rudder.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X