Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why is there always a royal marine?

@BAMF

You were RTR? I was attached to 2 RTR for about 3 years. (incl OP TELIC)

Did you know many of those guys (different country and all...)

Comment

No mate. Knew a few from 3, as we did a Tyrone roulement with them in the late 80's. And 4 as we amalgamated with them around '93. The only guy I ever met from 2 was an instructor during training at Catterick...oh, and Ratty of course, if you can count him?
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

squadies / general military people kinda shout about it a little or you know they are squaddies,

paras/marines - are a little more quite but remember there is still quite alot of them, so not all walts.

SAS met 2 legit SAS guys, late 50's are a memorial for my grandad's Royal navy commandos, quite as anything, not until some real talking that started getting the sense " hey your something more than just a tommy?" and he didn't even say it himself it was his wife, he never mentioned it at all.

Comment

i had a lad looked about 15-16 come up to me at the weekender i had a parachute regiment tee on and i noticed he had a 2 para flash on his dpm smock then he went on to tell me he was in 1 para (SFSG) and he was 16...... ORYLY? think he got abit embaressed infront of his little group when i said that dosent make sense

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
            Yeah...what colour IS the boathouse at Hereford?
            its boathouse coloured so do i get my beret now?? :D

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
              its boathouse coloured so do i get my beret now?? :D
              NO! I require proof of your vision of said boathouse. What colour is the front door?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

a greyish boathouse door colour.... ha!.

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                  a greyish boathouse door colour.... ha!.

Comment

no wonder he didn't know....... where the hell is "hear-ford"?

Comment

Loki..."Shh!"

As well you know, I was based there and wore all black. It's where the "little orange handbags" come from!

Comment

Excuse the double post, but I found a picture that I have hanging in "The mess" (Otherwise known as the shed), so I took a photo.

Comment

I'm shocked at how many accounts of grown men there are pretending to be in the forces. It's like a legitimate mental disorder! I thought I knew a couple forces bullsh*tters at Urban Assault but then again I wouldn't be able to prove or disprove that anyway. Just people that... sound like they're full of sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by iNK View Post
                            I'm shocked at how many accounts of grown men there are pretending to be in the forces. It's like a legitimate mental disorder!
                            To be completely honest with you iNKy...may I call you "iNKy?" Balls to ya! I will anyway!

There are a tremendous amount of serving and ex-forces personnel who are bullshitters as it is. Take me for instance...I couldn't lie straight in bed!!

The fact that many see how heroic these people are often percieved leads them to think to themselves "I want a piece of that glory...reflected or otherwise" so what do they do? Make up a story of how brave they were mopping up the pan-bash area of the local slophouse, or how they saved the RSM's life at the indoor mortar range.

I could go on forever about the time I was laying fire down from the GPMG...it was a cracking range day that. We had egg banjos off the back of the Q's vehicle and piping hot tea out of the Norgies.

Not a BV was boiled that day I can tell you!

Comment

I don't suppose I have a choice

I'm talking about this but I've noticed it with things like MMA and to a lesser extent Muay Thai. I caught wind of someone at my work talking about how he is a top fighter in his area and me, not having any reason to doubt him bombarded him with a load of questions about his gym and his training which was all well and good till I mentioned 'sprawling.'

I can't remember what he said now but basically he didn't have a scooby what I was talking about. This is just one of a many anecdotes...

It's just a macho thing I guess. The feeling of needing to prove masculinity without actually dipping your toes in.

Comment

if you feel the "need" to prove yourself a man, there are better methods to choose that will prove beyond any doubt the hardness of your core and not have you hounded for being a screaming walt.

For example - if you want to prove to the greater community you are menatally robust and that this nut is not for cracking, simply survive a visit with my Grandmother without wanting to put a pair of pants on your head and two pencils up your nostrils!

If you feel the need to prove your physical strength and prowess, go shopping with my wife and try to carry all the bags (you can incorporate some mental training by resisting the urge to moan about the route she has taken around the town)

For the ultimate test of endurance and human limitations, spend a few days at my in-laws!

Not a bullet, mortar or APFSDS round in sight. No HE 155mm or body armour. No pistol, rifle, smg or BFG (big f****** gun from DOOM, not blank grenade) . No weapons of mass destruction... just the ultimate test of manliness... if you are able to pass the test, you will be asked questions by others and indeed yourself, such as:

How have i restrained from throttling her?
                                Why is he not bleeding?
                                Did you really manage a full week without stabbing ANY of them?
                                Why did you opt to stick it out and crack and simply eat your own face?

Alternatively, pretend you are some special forces ninja who trained with Batman at ninja school and took adult learning night classes in being an Apache pilot AND gunner.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X