Best Memories OF GZ Weekenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Memories OF GZ Weekenders

As a fairly new convert to airsoft I'm a GZ Weekender virgin.

Last night I was cruising you-tube and came across numerous videos showing this event over the years but it doesn't really tell me the real story and antics that go on.

I'm looking for you all to bring me up to speed of what seems to be an amazing event. I want to hear of your best memories of what happened on the field and off it over the years that you have been there. And perhaps a show of hands of who will be attending this year.

Thanks
    M4 S System
    MP7 GBB
    Sig P226 GBB
    M3 Shorty

Re: Best Memories OF GZ Weekenders

I have 2 words for you "Jimi's Mum"

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
      I have 2 words for you "Jimi's Mum"
      Elaborate please for me and otheres who may not know Jimi's mum
      M4 S System
      MP7 GBB
      Sig P226 GBB
      M3 Shorty

Comment

How can you not know Jimi's mum? :O

Anyway, yeah the weekenders are a great laugh. Great 2 days airsofting and the social side is always worth the trip

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
          How can you not know Jimi's mum? :O
          TKOS, A little bit of water keeps me from knowing Jimi's mum. Hopefully she will be there when I come over:-)

Do you have any particular memories of the last weekender that really stand out and made your weekend?
          M4 S System
          MP7 GBB
          Sig P226 GBB
          M3 Shorty

Comment

Well, not really my memory, but after passing out saturday night, I was told Rampage came over to camp Treadstone (about 2 in the morning), and starting talking to waltzinblack about his AK, which had decided to short circuit and had burnt out the battery and wiring.

CLearly this was my fault :P, and apparently Rampage started pelting my side of the tent with glowsticks shouting "THE KEEPER OF F**KING SECRETS tells people to take the F**KING fuses out of their F**KING guns!".

Aeviv: "Rampage, he sleeps on the other side".

Rampage: "Oh. *pelts the other side of the tent*, "the KEEPER OF F**KING SECRETS...".

I slept through all of this :D, all in jest of course :P

And I maintain you CAN take the fuses out of guns, just don't leave them batteried in the rain with gashes in the wiring :P

Comment

So are team Treadstone intending to go to the weekender this year?
              M4 S System
              MP7 GBB
              Sig P226 GBB
              M3 Shorty

Comment

Without a doubt . Look out for the flags and signs indicating the "Dboys free zone", and to "Beware of the Misha".

Do come along matey, it's always a fantastic laugh.

Comment

Without a doubt . Look out for the flags and signs indicating the "Dboys free zone", and to "Beware of the Misha".

Do come along matey, it's always a fantastic laugh.
                  Will do mate and looking forward to sharing a beer or ten:D
                  M4 S System
                  MP7 GBB
                  Sig P226 GBB
                  M3 Shorty

Comment

Look out for the flags and signs indicating to "Beware of the Misha".
                    Growl.

That elaborate and useful post said, The NAE is probably the highlight of my airsoft year. Its not just games, which are brilliant, as you get everyone from your sunday skirmish rentals, to hardcore Mil-simers, Film sim guys who are just hillarious to watch, and Historical players, for example a small US Air Cav unit was there last year, fresh out of the 'Nam. Not just that, but the atmosphere is brilliant. Nearly everyone wants a chat, either becaue they want to flog you their kit, or they want to buy that very lovely chinese barrett you have there, or they want to brag about their greatest kill, or just generally be socialble, and as such, you can walk/stagger into camp after a couple of beers and you'll invariably be greeted as a friend.
                    For example, Me and Keeper last year just walked up to various campsites of teams to say Hi, having never met one, and at all of them we were greeted as mates. Makes a nice change. However, my best memory from the NAE last year was either:
                    1. My katana ambush
                    2. JIMIS MUM!
                    3. Shoving a very drunk Keeper into a portaloo
                    3. This http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#/v...v=154300919866
                    4. Or this http://www.facebook.com/video/?of=53...subj=533899866
                    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Great vids Aeviv.

Come on guys there must be more of you out there with some great memories of GZ weekenders!!!!!
                      Last edited by Rampage; 20 January, 2010, 21:23.
                      M4 S System
                      MP7 GBB
                      Sig P226 GBB
                      M3 Shorty

Comment

We all have great memories of them but a lot of us are not sure if they happened or not!!!

But i have had some goods times on the field and off there but it is the social side and the atmosphere that is fantastic, like last year we went in search of a supermarket found the local Sainsburys and the next day most of them turned up looking like pirates for a reason no one can remember.

My funniest memory was in the last May bank holiday weekender (2006?) and H's son almost taking off with an umbrella in hand during high winds or 2 of us holding H in a tent at the begining of Sundays game so everyone had to stand around in a rain storm waiting for him!!!

Vid for this here

http://rapidshare.com/files/23849217...mayweekend.wmv

curlyboy
                        'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Was Jimi's mum the one driving the 4x4?
                          sigpic

Comment

never went but by the sounds of it gotta love jimis mum
                            Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
                            Seriously.... WTH?
                            Tenth Prestige!
                            http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
                            http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

Originally posted by newbieC View Post
                              never went but by the sounds of it gotta love jimis mum
                              Couldn't agree more mate. Hope you are planning to go to the weekender this year.
                              M4 S System
                              MP7 GBB
                              Sig P226 GBB
                              M3 Shorty

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chrisr Find out more about Chrisr
                              Working...
                              X