Too close.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too close.........

So, were half way through the day, and playing a attack and defend game.
    I was attacking, so I ran up to the front and took cover behind a huge tree.
    I popped my head out too see where the enemy were, and took a few shots to the frame or my glasses, (ESS ICE) the arm of the glasses then popped off of the lense and the lense fell down as they were only being supported by one arm of the glasses.
    I then whilst getting back behind the tree in shock took 4-5 BB's to the very corner of my eye and around that area.
    I then held the frame of my glasses whilst walking away from the game back to the safe zone to check my glasses over.
    When I got back to the safe zone and re-assembled my glasses, they were fine and didnt seem loose or broken in any way, so it must have just been the way the BB's hit the frame.
    After that experience though I will be getting another pair of Oakley M-Frame glasses (I should never have sold mine) as I dont trust my ESS ICE.
    The whole thing really freaked me out.....

Bert.

Re: Too close.........

did you not call for hold fire? i thought at most sites that would be protocall in order to save you getting shot in the eye.

anyway close call m8 i bin using ESS glasses for 2 years havnt had any issues with um i think it was just bad luck

Mercs Designated Marksmen

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
      did you not call for hold fire?
      I didnt think too !? I just walked away from the game holding my glasses over my eyes and with my rifle in the air, then a marshall ran over to me too try and help my re-assemble my glasses, but couldnt so i went back to the safe zone.

Comment

Did you change the lenses over?
        If you did, it might be a problem of the lenses not being seated correctly. They take a hell of a lot of force to put the arms back onto the lenses, and it can sometimes seem as if they are on when they arent actually seated correctly.
        Could just be a one off, but i have noticed that sometimes the arms come off the glasses if they arent attached properly.

Comment

I'm one of those strange people that read the instructions of things when I get them, and I noticed that my ESS ICE glasses have a notice "NOT FOR USE IN THE SPORT OF PAINTBALL OR AIRSOFT". Also, if you notice, the lenses are rated highly enough for use (ANSI Z87.1F) but the frames actually aren't

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
            Did you change the lenses over?
            If you did, it might be a problem of the lenses not being seated correctly. They take a hell of a lot of force to put the arms back onto the lenses, and it can sometimes seem as if they are on when they arent actually seated correctly.
            Could just be a one off, but i have noticed that sometimes the arms come off the glasses if they arent attached properly.
            Yeah you really need to push them hard until they click then give them a good tug to make sure they are on right.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
            http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

i have ESS ice 2.4s and my m8 strettman took a shot from point blank with his fully upgraded VSR 10 (bout 500fps!) and there wasnt even a smudge! ill see if he can try the frame joint to see if that will work. i cant see why they wouldnt work ive seen british soldiers wear em in iraq. they are said to stop shrapnel or somthing? not sure. matt you will know

Comment

They have very high ballistic ratings.
                There is a pic some where on the the internet of a pair which had a minimi blow up into the face of the guy who was wearing them. Huge chuck of metal sticking out the plasic but it didn't go through!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
                http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

one word: bolle....

get a pair of bolle tacticals and you are away. :D
                  TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
                  Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

how about two words: bitter end

mesh goggles, might be pricey but they are the best ever cos theres no fogging up
                    Originally posted by fijitstiks
                    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                    Originally posted by N3ADS
                    Is this you talking from experience ?..
                    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I have considered getting a pair of Wiley X's and replacing the lenses with mesh ones, this is what all the marshalls do at my site nad they rate them very highly.
                      Also with my ESS, I only found out that you have to push the frames on the lenses VERY hard to get it to lock in place securely, My mate did it and they were very stable, So it could have been that I didnt have the frame assembled correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                        how about two words: bitter end

mesh goggles, might be pricey but they are the best ever cos theres no fogging up
                        +1

I have a pair and love mine.

Very comfortable, very safe - I used a 530fps L96 to test mine from less than 5 feet away, it barely dented them (pretty much just took off some paint).
                        Trader Feedback:
                        New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                        Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

I just close my eyes and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
                            +1

I have a pair and love mine.

Very comfortable, very safe - I used a 530fps L96 to test mine from less than 5 feet away, it barely dented them (pretty much just took off some paint).
                            +1 here mine are awesome.

already had a pair of wiley-x SG-1s lying around the house so sent the guy a set of spare set of lenses and replaced them with the mesh, so i can now use them as mesh googles or normal plastic lensed googles or glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              I just close my eyes and hope for the best.
                              lol
                              they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                              Originally posted by N3ADS
                              Is this you talking from experience ?..
                              i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                              Working...
                              X