Lucky escape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky escape.

Ok, A group of fellow players have access to a small patch of woodland that we use for small skirmishes. We run small well organised games, and have a good laugh, strengthening our team tactics and styles of play.
    Recently, i had a very close call, which i'm gonna tell you about.
    The game started out as many others, a simple attack and defend game. A bunker is held by a small force with a medic, with the attacking force on respawn.
    I've recently changed my style of play, after a succesful ankle op has meant that i am much more mobile, so as such my loadout has changed. On this day i was using a simple Brit army 7.62 bandolier for my M14 mags, a leg drop dump pouch, and a twin MLCE pouch for a few thermo barracks and a 5 min smoke.
    After a few direct attacks it became clear that a differant approach was needed. Moving around to flank, i heard a noise that stopped me dead in my tracks, looking around for the source. It wasn't til i felt heat that i looked down and saw the smoke starting to billow from my pouches.
    Now, the 1st instinct i had was open the pouch and get the smoke out. Bad idea, as there was a lot of heat and flame being produced by now, as i found out. Thankfully the gloves i was wearing saves me from major injury, though my left hand did end up blistered and blackened.
    So, plan 'b', unfasten the belt and dump the lot. All i can say is try unfastening a Viper security belt with a burnt hand. Not easy.
    By this time i was beginning to panic a little, as i was surrounded by smoke and finding it difficult to breath. I ended up pulling the belt and all attatched down and off over my feet, and moving away from the smoke. But it followed my, as i'd not unfastened the strap for the dump pouch!
    I managed then to realise that the pouch next to the one that was currently belching 2 minutes worth of a 5 minute smoke was connected to a pouch crammed full of explosives. I somehow managed to shake the smoke out of the remails of the pouch and kick it away from me.
    All this happened in under 3 minutes, but they were the longest 3 mins i'e experienced in a long time.
    I got away with some nasty burns and a bad cough from inhaling too much smoke, but in reality things could have been a lot worse. The Thermo Barracx could have ignited in the pouch whilst it was still attatched to me, i might not have been wearing gloves, so many ways this could have ended up worse.
    So, always make sure your pyro's are capped, secure and well stored.

Ratty

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...=Photo0089.jpg

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...=Photo0090.jpg

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...=Photo0091.jpg
    Trader Feedback.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Re: Lucky escape.

That's one messy pouch -you had a lucky escape there!

A few weeeks ago a friend of mine had a thermobarric grenade go off in his trouser leg pocket. It was fortunate that he had some mags in the same pocket which protected him from the blast and heat. He came out of it ok luckily, but the mags didn't fare too well.

I guess if you're carrying anything like this it's always got to be safety first!

Comment

we had one guy that had something like this happen . at my local we were half way through an attack and defend game of the village . he got hit so many time that the smoke grenades he was carrying worked lose and one of the bb's struck it and puff white smoke engolfed him and the field , lukily he got his vest off before he got burned and played the rest of the day . .

Comment

had a mk5 light in my hand without me noticing sounds stupid i know but had a fuse burn down my hand luckily a natural reaction made me chuck the grenade on the floor
        thank god for reactions or i could have had a pretty nasty hand injury

Comment

Whoa bloody 'ell!

Nasty burns are ... well... nasty - I know first hand on this! Good job you wasn't seriously hurt though. Unlike captain A&E here..

Comment

lmao sorry i couldnt help but laugh at the bit when you were tryin to take your pouches off must of been a jonny English monemnt lol.

hope your hands are ok. burns are nasty buggers

Comment

christ
              thats why when i buy pyros i tape the cap on then it cant come off so easley

Comment

jebus dude!!
                thats one close shave!!
                when your around pyros you dont actually realise how dangerous they can be!!!
                cool story though m8:D

Comment

christ! that is one burnt pouch!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ratty1968 Find out more about ratty1968
                  Working...
                  X