• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo-Sabum Ben
    replied
    Re: Poor Little Fella

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
    Things can change, but the internet groupthink is often slower to forgive and you have to filter through a lot of "I heard from a guy who had a mate who's brother went there 5 years ago and it was rubbish".

Leave a comment:

• Figjam
    replied

Originally posted by Bunkeredsphinx View Post
    I used to play at a London indoor site that was full auto and 350 and yep you knew even then when it with anything more powerful, had it twice got a scar to show for it guy was 20 ft away and a regular player on site. A few of us complained and nothing happened so we stopped going moved sites. Damn glad I did as well.

sent from the future
    Market forces in action, the most powerful tool for players to improve the service offered by sites. You did exactly right:
    1) Tell the site your grievance
    2) If no remedy, go elsewhere.
    Sometimes a site responds to enough of this pressure, its always worth keeping an ear to the ground in case the site suddenly improves. Things can change, but the internet groupthink is often slower to forgive and you have to filter through a lot of "I heard from a guy who had a mate who's brother went there 5 years ago and it was rubbish".

Leave a comment:

• Bunkeredsphinx
    replied

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
    Bunkeredsphinx,

That sounds very familiar; a crap site run by a crap shop?

Colin
    Yeah underground place. South London.

sent from the future

Leave a comment:

• tomdrews
    replied

I like to ensure all of my guns bar my VSR (obviously) are 'Mall Friendly' so i'm free to hit any site amd not worry about the limits.

Leave a comment:

• colinjallen
    replied

Bunkeredsphinx,

That sounds very familiar; a crap site run by a crap shop?

Colin

Leave a comment:

• Bunkeredsphinx
    replied

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
    Site limits vary though, sure I heard of a site running at 370 fps without MED. My nephew plays at a CQB site that allows full auto at 350 (ouch).
    I used to play at a London indoor site that was full auto and 350 and yep you knew even then when it with anything more powerful, had it twice got a scar to show for it guy was 20 ft away and a regular player on site. A few of us complained and nothing happened so we stopped going moved sites. Damn glad I did as well.

sent from the future

Leave a comment:

• centaur
    replied

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
    Is that a DMR, or standard assault Centaur?
    Speed Ball/CQB. watch it on Youtube, just type in Speed Ball Airsoft, and see how close we get ahihihi.

Leave a comment:

• RitchieTheBrit
    replied

Is that a DMR, or standard assault Centaur?

Leave a comment:

• RitchieTheBrit
    replied

Figjam - it was the latter of your two examples! 😜

Leave a comment:

• centaur
    replied

My personal open fps set up at home......

Leave a comment:

• centaur
    replied

Done
    Last edited by centaur; 4 October, 2014, 10:12.

Leave a comment:

• Figjam
    replied

CQB is a pretty broad description. I have two sites that call themselves CQB local to me. One is an old navy/marines base that is building to building mostly and most engagements are actually at the 30-40m range. The other is underground and you are mostly shooting within 10m all day. Both allow 350 full auto, both are good, but the latter is well worth investing in a lot of protective gear prior to playing there. The old base had a discussion on facebook a while back about their full auto policy and you could tell the guys who had just joined the group but never visited the site because they were all saying "full auto CQB? no thanks". Good old internet: allowing people who don't know what they are talking about to have their say.
    Back on topic: The best you are going to get from retailers is a downgrade/upgrade service because they don't magically know what FPS you actually need. Be it Mall friendly 328, a typical sites 350, an open field style 370, or a DMR 400-450. And you are going to have to pay for that because if they are going to send it out with a warrantee then they are going to want to be assured of the quality of the workmanship before they let it leave.

Leave a comment:

• RitchieTheBrit
    replied

Centaur - China, perhaps? Seen some of the Chinese airsoft videos, OWOWOWOWOW!

Leave a comment:

• centaur
    replied

Thare's one in home turp here in UK......woodland (370fps).

Back home 450 fps speedball/ cqb full auto hehehe

Leave a comment:

• RitchieTheBrit
    replied

Site limits vary though, sure I heard of a site running at 370 fps without MED. My nephew plays at a CQB site that allows full auto at 350 (ouch).

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

centaur Dedicated Airsofter! Find out more about centaur
Working...
X