why numbers are important in airsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why numbers are important in airsoft!

Couple months back our team (of 4 young hooligans) played a milsim, which was no different from any other apart from a small flaw, another team called f2f came down (swarn enemies of our team) to our surprise they had a 15 man strong polish team. Anyway after a good morning for us our afternoon mission was to retrieve a missile crate so we reccied this open field with a sparse amount of treeís dotted about and in the middle was the crate. So I though we should split up and did so very merrily me a bushmonkey covering will 0 and evo. However after being satisfied there were no enemies we bugged out to join will 0(at this time they were out of site).

2 minutes later I get a shrilled cry down the radio from will 0, ëTOM!!! Oh my god tom help!! *mass of gun fire*í will and evo were pinned by a 15 man team who had just charged through the bushís on the other side of the field. We kept hearing constant radio burst will a thunderous sound of gun fire and screaming form will 0 and evo between each other and crying for help. I looked at bushmonkey with a sense of hesitation we both charged down this path that ran along side the field with thick bushís between them to the opening of the field, (on the far side about 60m away) I could see will and evo in this ditch popping up and shooting at the a line of 15 men prone. Evo was hit first as 2 men jumped into the ditch and he took both out but was hit by 1 in the process. Will scrambled under the cover of the ditch to medic evo. He stopped at opened up over the ditch and must have got at least 3. at this time we sneaked up behind and we opened up on them in hope of trapping them. Will was then hit so all the fire concentrated on us now.

A grenade bounced in between us and bushmonkey divide forward booting the grenade back at them and threw him self in to the ditch behind me, wile doing so he shot backward (abit matrix like), I quickly followed into the ditch. Bushmonkey popped at and was hit by a sniper (cracking shot). So I mediced bushmonkey seconds later this russina command was bellowed I popped up and saw the 15 man team stand up and run at me. Naturally I screamed like a women and held my finger on the trigger getting 2. to then be comfronted by mass of bbís, I then died basically; dramatic finish.
    "Teamwork is best in combat, gives the enemy someone else to shoot at."

Re: why numbers are important in airsoft!

oh those were the days!
    lol, that was an insane 10 minutes...
    numbers are important in airsoft, for fear factor, very useful in engagements

the problem with numbers of more than a 4-6man squad is that you can't move without the whole woods knowing where you are...

you have to comprimise, fire power verses strike factor

personally i favour strike factor, get in get out...fire shit loads in the process and take them by suprise. i will never forget the ending to that game, you were thinking "fuck it" and decided to die shouting out the team name =]=]

all we could hear here was a mass amount of motors churning, and then a defiant "GO TK!!!!" made me laugh, but we are going to ucap soon and we'll kick their ass, again!

it is funny, because, going to my earlier point, we often overcome them with suprise...if they are dug in, we are fuked, but on the move numbers just dont work...

haha "go tk!"
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
    Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

On the other hand, I remember a moment fondly to this day where me and one other guy (total stranger, had got separated from my mates) surprised a group of about twenty noobs on a day at phoenix urban who were strolling along chatting loudly, kicking pebbles along the road. Me and the other guy (myself with an mp5, him with an m16), lay up on a ridge over looking the route, waited till they strolled past us and opened fire. We totally wiped out the white trainer brigade in about a minute of full-auto hosing (and a couple of well placed mark 5s) before a couple of the opfor's more switched-on players flanked us and took us out with some punishing crossfire.

So, if you're engaging large numbers, make sure youve got a good vantage point and a big gun... and if they're dug in, sneak, flank, and take plenty of grenades . Works almost every time at airsoft commando :D

Comment

haha, yer but sadly these guys were not the white trainer brigade, more ex.polish and SAF force's. mind you at one point half the squad split up and we wiped them out without a single 1 of them firing a shot, got the kill cards and sprinted off before they could call in rienforcements.:D quickly in and even faster out, thats our tactic.

Comment

hence, numbers are not always important =]

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
          Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Originally posted by tracnav View Post
            quickly in and even faster out, thats our tactic.
            Ah, the old "Come on lads, there's only two of them... oh shiiiiiit!" approach

Comment

yer haha, oh how that is so true,thats were all the pepper pot tactic's go down the crapper and u just leg it!

Comment

Originally posted by tracnav View Post
                yer haha, oh how that is so true,thats were all the pepper pot tactic's go down the crapper and u just leg it!
                nah still pepper potting- running, catching your breath, running, catching your breath... lol

Comment

GZ Woodland last year was a def. moment when numbers meant nothing. Our last objective was around the corner at the top of one of the hills (I don't know any location names, sorry ) and a squad of around 8 of us were crowded shooting at the only 2 defending the target. We were stood joking about and planning and then suddenly I feel a thud on my back and realised I'd been hit. So I said "Hit" and the whole squad suddenly turned and was wiped out by this ONE guy and his glock. He had a chance of dying against one guy, but the glock guy grenade became a useful item. We stood about to watch the fight before heading to the dead zone.
                  1-on-8, and he had only a glock (and a grenade, but that was only used 1-on-1 :P)... We got owned
                  Armoury:

Custom ICS MP5A4 w/ R.I.S Rail + Cocking Tube Laser

KJ Works M9 w/ TM M9 Tactical Master Slide

Comment

Why am I always made to be screaming like a girl? I'll have you know I also grenaded 2 of them =P Cheers Tom =D

Army Armament L85A1
                    Tokyo Marui P90
                    HFC M9 Special Forces
                    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tracnav Like airsoft Find out more about tracnav
                    Working...
                    X