Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Last sunday at F&O The Academy me and an enemy player came round a corner with pistols drawn and bumped right into each other, pistols in each others chests. We looked at each other, hesitated for a heartbeat, and then shot each other at the same time - I double tapped him he triple tapped me. Hurt like hell but we laughed about it, congratulated each other on the kill, then went back to regen.

Moments like that make me love our sport - the level of sportsmanship at that site is excellent considering how close most of the shots are going to be taken from. Worst site I've been to for the pain, and one of the best I've been to for the sportsmanship and comradery.

My head is covered in lumps though from getting shot all day at such close proximity. Definitely gonna go again at the end of next month! :D
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Sadly I can't recall any particular instances when someone has had great sportsmanship, but I can remember one bad one...
      He was firing from a building, and I was behind cover. He gets me in my loose trouser leg, and I come out with my hands up, to explain about how loose clothing hits don't count where we play, as he was a newcomer. He says O.k, and We agree to resume where we left off. I'm walking back to where I was before, with my hands up (so far this sounds like good sportsmanship!) and then he shoots me in the back, lets out a cry of B**ch, and shouts "Your Out Mother F****R.

I got him out later in another game fortunatly.

You don't get much worse than that when it comes to bad sportsmanship!

Comment

That loose clothing thing sounds like a cop out really.
        Id take the piss and wear MC Hammer pants and rap 'cant touch this', 'no honestly you cant, Im wearing baggy trousers'. Then Id start singing 'Baggy Trousers' by Madness.

Why dont they just say that hits dont count on plate carriers as well?!
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I once came across a guy who was constantly strobing without having asked any other players about medical conditions / permission to do so. Was the least sporting thing I've seen so far :L

Comment

Was it not mentioned at the safety brief strobes are allowed?
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I don't like to name names but I've never ever come across a game against 'team last chancers' without there being a drama.
              at NAE 10 one of them headbutted another, much younger player after an argument about the former apparantly not taking hits. I was hidden in the undergrowth nearby (it was at the place with the fabric tents (cant remember the name) it was near enemy base) so that i could ambush any patrols coming through as there was a .50 left in the camp and so i assumed they would patrol back for it. I revealed my presence to friendlies as they approached only to, shortly after, witness a huge firefight as enemy attempted to secure the M2. during this firefight, a player who I later recognised as a member of the afore mentioned team was hit several times but didnt move. One of the players shooting him called for him to take his hit. the guy started Fin and blinding and just generally hurling abuse. sayin he couldnt take his hit because he couldnt stand up with out being peppered.
              He then stood up and started trying to intimidate the other player. This resulted in the two moving out of my eye line, and, eager not to get involved, i didnt want to move and give away my position so i heard rather than saw the headbutting incident which was then confirmed to me when i spoke to friendlies who had been present later on.
              Suffice to say, after my team bugged out following the physical confrontation, i lit all of the enemy up, single shots from my systema. However, they didnt seem to think there were any of my team remaining and so didnt take the hits. Many of them shouting out to invisible team members to stop shooting them, they seemed to think it was a dispute over who would remain with the .50
              eventually, after I had hit all of them several times they decided to leave, the larger 'headbutting guy' calling out, "fine you can have your f***in gun you c**t" although I still saw only one of them actually take their hit, raise their arms and leave when i hit them. poor show generally and it gives airsoft a bad name.

One year on I had the pleasure of beating team last chancers at Longmoor FIBUA with airborne airsoft. There were many complaints of hot weapons and clothing was being torn and blood drawn and phenomenal ranges. Despite the almost constant cheating they were defeated because they didnt manage to secure a single objective!
              One rather portly fellow actually attempted to roll across the floor whilst being hit to get out of the line of fire. the guy, when stuck on his back like a tortoise, drew his pistol and fired of a mag before then standing up, shrugging and saying "yep, you got me"

Another issue I had at GZs fantastic NAE
              Two guys were moving around in some bushes near the firebase. I was patrolling towards it, alone, to just get some rounds in and disrupt. The bushes rustled so I turned, the guys stumbled out and I lit them up. I definately dropped the first guy instantly with a decent sized burst. The second guy was fiddling with his sling when I hit him. He then raised his rifle and started firing at me. A good couple of seconds later his rounds hit me and I took the hit. he then, despite the fact I had stopped firing, called out hit also!
              I had clearly hit him first but he had been unwilling to go down without taking someone with him.
              Such incidents really detract from the great sport that airsoft is and, had I been a new player encountering those situations I may well have quit altogether.
              | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

please say the headbutting douche was reported and banned?
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Wow, what a twat. That guy needed banning.
                  Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

The guy I spoke to who saw it said he was going to report it. I don't know what happened after that. Given that I hadn't seen it myself, only heard the resultant chaos I didn't feel I had grounds to report someone on the grounds of what may have been very innaccurate evidence. However, now that I have seen him play again, this time with the rest of his team with him it wouldn't surprise me if it was absolutely true.
                    My advice if you encounter them is to just keep your cool and your wits about you. The whole team seems pretty corrupt but this one guy. Trust me you can't miss him. He's huge, former law enforcement and para reg (if his claims in a conversation I overheard are correct which I doubt somehow) always in multiscam tends to rock an AR and wears a baseball cap, either blue or multiscam.
                    | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Another example of great sportsmanship - this last weekend at First and Only Anzio Camp. I was there for the entire weekend for two daytime skirmishes and a night game on the saturday, and the level of sportsmanship there was truly outstanding. Despite numerous cases of equipment malfunction with my kit, that couldn't dampen the experience at all - easily the best airsoft experience I've ever had.

Everyone was clearly there to have fun, and everyone gave everything they had, with some truly fierce battles going on over the weekend - really brutal fire fights - with no bad blood at all afterwards. Laughs and battle stories from all involved, and genuine concern from complete strangers when a friend of mine hurt his knee during the sunday game.

The absolute epitamy of the sport, and everyone who attended should be proud of themselves for a brilliant weekend!

Comment

It is a great feeling when you have been involved in a skirmish with some awesome sportsmen and women.

Comment

i feel a little ashamed

i got shot on the arse but did not feel it, lucky a marshall seen what happened and called me out, only to find the exact spot where the bb hit, was where my phone screen was

Comment

Don't worry about it - it happens and is unavoidable. Sometimes you just dont feel hits when you are armed and armoured up to the teeth. It's happened to me a few times, you just have to teach yourself to listen for the BB's hitting you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
                              Don't worry about it - it happens and is unavoidable. Sometimes you just dont feel hits when you are armed and armoured up to the teeth. It's happened to me a few times, you just have to teach yourself to listen for the BB's hitting you.
                              little hard, when all you can hear is your m60 lol

Comment

Alright, you've got me there! In that case it sounds like you did everything you could have done and it seems to me to be a credit to your character that you feel guilty about it! :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X