Stupidest tactical decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidest tactical decision

I went to Ringwood to play at the urban site and was met by my mate Tom there.
    All was going well, the site was brilliant and the players were all good fun and good players.
    We were on our stomachs creeping through a fern patch directly next to a dirt path at the top of a hill. We noticed a bunch of the enemies team in a covered bunker chatting away unsuspectingly and a nearby 2 floor hut that had been set up.
    Me and tom and the 2 dudes that tagged along for our ride of awesome decided that the best tactical decision was to take the building and lay down so serious fire on that bunker position.
    After much stealth/flailing we made it into the building, took up positions and opened fire....only to find that none of them were taking their hits!!!! They would just duck back down and pop back up firing!!!! I emptied my entire supply of bb's on that position...only to have a happy chappy i'd met a few weeks previous shout that we'd opened fire on their respawn point...

The more we fired. the more turned up. the more turned up. the lesser our chance of survival...so we ran with our tails between our legs like all good men should..proud moment.

Re: Stupidest tactical decision

i was up at this site in yorkshire a few years back with my cousin and had just had lunch. on my way back to our base this marshal jeep came along, i stoped him and asked if i can have a ride back to base in his truck, he said yes and i got in. Next thing i know is we miss the turning for the blue base and continue towards the white base. I asked the driver to stop and he said nothing and contined. As we were about 200m away from the white base i drew my glock and demanded he stop, he laughed and continued. As we were 100m away i shot the driver about ten times and he stopped and pulled his m9 and shot me. my reaction was to get out the truck and make a stand in the middle of the white base. Before my foot hit the ground i think i must have received 100rounds and that was the end of me.

Note to self: Dont get in marshals trucks!

Comment

Trying to play my locals CQB zone halo style. Jumping between walls in a doorway trying to no-scope people with a shotgun.

I got shot in the ear.

Comment

In the stock rooms in The Mall. A room had a small store cupboard in it. I took up in this cupboard as the other team would have to go past me and up the stairs giving me the oppertunity to shoot them all in the back muhahahaha.
        Only problem was, I shot two and more came and after seeing their 2 team mates shot, they knew where I was. So they ran past the cupboard and opened up on me. Being in a small cupboard there was nowhere to hide and I felt every shot lol... Won't be going back in there again

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
        Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
        UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Was playing at GZW a few weeks back and we were trying to take the stag camp from the Bravo's. There wer about 20 of us sneaking through the bushes about 20 yards away. The main assault began and a couple of Bravo's fired. Still undetected, my mate who was new to airsoft fired about 50 shots into the bush that was covering us. We all got killed because of that :/ Wasn't happy.

Comment

This isnt just a one off but happens quiet regular in the courthouse

People like to poke their heads round corners to see if ones there. The only trouble with this is that normally im stood there with my TM shotgun and they promptly get 3bbs where they dont want them
            This would be ok if they learned from this but they dont and at the weekend i shot the same guy about 5 times trying to sneak his head and gun round a corner to shoot me in one game - not good tactics lol

Comment

This is a paintball story... But I am now an airsoft convert, so dont demand for me to be burnt at the stake =D

My eldest brother and I went paintballing at a site in St. Albans I think it was mid this year. We are both ex forces, and were out with a lot of friends who had been giving us a lot of banter about it, but took it on the chin.

The marshalls picked teams, and my brother and I were on the same one with a load of other punters, funnily enough our mates were on the opposite team..

Both of us wearing a pair of boots, paintball pants (american word, no tighty white's this time round lol), and a smock each. We both decided in the first game to make a proper go of things, and attempt a structured approach to advancing, covering and eventually shooting all of our mates out nice and quickly, and if we were lucky a few in the crown jewels =D

3, 2, 1 and the whistle goes. The Punters start to jog down the middle, a few scream off like mad zombies, whilst a few seem a bit confused about what approach would be best to adopt. My brother and I started pepper potting from cover to cover down the furthest left flank of a biult up rectangular woodland area.

We move quickly, and within about 20 seconds we have dropped about 3 and now holding our position in some nice cover, oh so eagerly anticipating our mates to walk into our arc's =D

Sadly, it diddn't quite work out to well...

Incoming begins very heavily over and around us, so we duck and have no safe oppurtunity to return, so we both decide to bug out and leg it. Me being the more empathetic of the pair of us, stopped after about 5m, into cover, return fire, waiting for my brother to do the same...

The w*nker (lol) was long gone. Already down at a bridge in the not so far distance in cover waiting to make a last stand. It was all or nothing.. So I turned and ran towards my brother, lol!

I managed to get out quite quickly, legging it nice and quick towards the bridge and my equally cowardice brother. I was within meter's of the bridge and saw a trench at the base of it, so naturallly decided to slide into it as quickly as possible, legs first, at full speed.

So, what happened next?

Said trench was actually what would appear from within a paintball mask to be gravel and dirt, where as in actual fact it was a swamp that engulfed me up to my waist, and was incredibly heavy, and near impossible to get out of...

I managed to get out once everyone had stopped laughing and pulled me out with great struggle.

Embaressing enough?

As I was pulled out, the hysterical laughing quickly turned into gagging from the stench of said swamps contents all across my pants, smock, boots, socks, in my boxers...

And it was the first game of the day =(

True story, lol. still makes me smile =D
              sigpic

Comment

Thats one of the reasons why I changed codes, I took a hit put both hands up and stood up at Loughborough paintball. With my hands over my head the guy opened up on auto between my legs which put me down big time. After grabbing a breath I face planted him with the rifle butt and all hell broke loose. Couldn't have sex for a month due to the damage he caused, wife wasn't happy!

Never had the same issues in airsoft, worst I see is daytrippers not taking hits.

Comment

attempting to tactical raid a window in a banana suit with a swan dive possibly wasnt the best idea

Comment

cerberus earth centre 3rd of january.
                    in order to sneak up to enemy renforcement teams, me and a friend decided to take the swamp route. great untill you put your boot in ready to get started and it doesnt go down as far as it should. puzzled i pushed down with my boot. and heard cracking. stupidly i never thouht it had frozen over and i was about 6 foot from the edge at this point, so, in for a penny in for a pound i cracked the ice with my heel, and just trudges through it, second mistake as my boot cracked through the ice the smell of the swamp hit me, ah well, managed to take out 25 players in 1 burst though.
                    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by ShauG36C View Post
                      In the stock rooms in The Mall. A room had a small store cupboard in it. I took up in this cupboard as the other team would have to go past me and up the stairs giving me the oppertunity to shoot them all in the back muhahahaha.
                      Only problem was, I shot two and more came and after seeing their 2 team mates shot, they knew where I was. So they ran past the cupboard and opened up on me. Being in a small cupboard there was nowhere to hide and I felt every shot lol... Won't be going back in there again
                      so what your saying is you didnt come out of the closit? :D

my story begins at xsite high wycombe in the killing house we were getting ready to go in to the door so we had to be touching a person touching a tire at the door , now that normaly wouldnt be a problem how ever me being the idiot that i am tried to say "stack up" and "touch the tire" in one very neat short and whity sentence ....... instead i dont know why but I said "touch up" , which at that point comissar Aeviv turned around and shot me in the foot good times

Comment

A while ago me and my friend were playing a game where we had to stop the enemy from taking the hostage to a certain point on the map we were not told about so we had to ambush the enemy's and take the hostage back.
                        Me and my friend were in a little bunker. There was about 6 players rushing towards us and we were getting pinned down. We couldn't even put our heads up so my friend said " lets move back to the arena so we can get more cover" we ran back to the arena only to find out we could not shoot from inside of it and the only way out was the opposite side. The attackers then ran towards the arena with the hostage meaning they won the game and we could do nothing about it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

abadonae FAT GUYS! ASSSEEEEMMMBLE! Find out more about abadonae
                        Working...
                        X