Milsim Journals/Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milsim Journals/Stories

I forget where it was, but I was reading about a 24 hour escape and evasion milsim done in the UK, going pretty hardcore with things, but in good taste.

There was a 'Hunter Force' and 'Ecader Force'

Operation Grey Goose Part 2?

Anyway, looked very cool.

The basic concept was that the evasion force had 24hours in which they had to stay out in the field (milsim), and obbtain certain things at certain times in different grid ref's. Would be things like, ammo (these guys very restricted to 100 bb's...........), and other usfuel provisions.

Hunt force had access to vehicle's etc...

The evasion force were in the field approx 1 hour prior to the hunters being released, but!!!! they were designated a partner in which they had to work with and attempt to remain undetected for 24 hours (think the site said that in total, 9 people had been successful in total... lol)

The point. A guy (or girl, who knows =P for the more pc of you out there) wrote a journal of what happened to him during the course of events, with him and his partner, and was a really really good description/read.

Has anyone got any really good stories about milsim they have endured?

Game rules
    Duration
    Site
    Year
    Events as they happened
    sigpic

Re: Milsim Journals/Stories

is there a link this journal you speak of? i'd quite like to read it,

but alas, i have no stories of my own.

Comment

Here is the first part of a brief evader journal from Septembers event :D

After what could be described as a monster drive, followed by a night in shared bed at the hotel (clearly twin room has different meaning in Wales) we headed off to Ceri forest from the town of Hereford. Drive was about an hour as crow flies but took longer due to Welsh roads and interesting sat nav directions. As we got closer I was able to navigate by memory and use grid co-ords to find our RV.

We rocked up and met Echo and the other evaders, we were then briefed and made final preperations, we then were transported to our drop off point with two other lads and left to our own devices for an hour until Zulu. So we wrote up the map references and grid square details for the caches we would need to retrieve as we went along.

Midday rolled around, Andy and I said our goodbyes to the other lads and set off. We jogged along a track for a little while before deciding it safer to shadow it through the dense forest and we were not sure as to the frequency or size of the expected Land Rover patrols. This turned out to be harder than hoped but just as hard as I remembered. The forest was very thick and dense, with branches so frequent it made advancing a real effort. We were reduced to commando crawling for metres at a time hust to navigate certain parts. We quickly lost sight of the track we were shadowing but pushed on anyway as I had a rough idea of where we were from memory. Unfortunatly this didn't quite correspond to the map we had. I was apperently according to Andy reading it upside down. I was unsure so we left the cover of the forest and carefully walked down several tracks to try and get an idea of where we were.

More than once we were forced to dive off the road, headlong into the tree line at the sound of engines. Although this frequently turned out to be illegal quad and dirt bikers on the land without permission.

After a couple of hours we emerged out of the forest to find we were pretty much where I wanted us to be which was Route Red adjacent to Black. We could see right down the valley onto route blue, even a the faint spec of a patrol could be seen in the distance heading away from us several hundred metres below. I was rather chuffed about this but we had taken so much time trying to make our way through the dense forest we would never reach our first cache on time, even if we jogged the remaming 2km along an open trackway. It was too risky so we decided to head for the next cache.

Now cache number 2 we were told would be overlooked by what we were told would be a mortar position. So caution was advised. We made our way through the forest via a track and came out on a hill overlooking both the Hunter Force HQ and on the other side the cache. We spent a while looking for signs of movement to indicate a manned position but we couldn't see any. We decided to air on the side of caution as you can't attack what you can't see so we decided to head back into the trees for some lunch.

I start munching some rice crispy squares and Andy has taken off his gortex to cool down when "Vroooooom" before we have chance to move, a Land Rover full of HF rockets down the track right in front of where we were sat. I've stopped mid bite and Andy is lying prostrate with his legs facing the road. The chaps inside must have been dozing or simply hanging on for dear life as there's no indication that they have seen us. We breath a sigh of relief and decide to go for the cache.

Easier said then done! It was approximatly located on a deforested hill right next to Route Blue, the primary road in and out of the enemy base. The only thing keeping us from being seen by anyone at the HQ as they compared 'weapon' sizes was the curve of the road around the hill. We spent ages looking for this cache on both sides of the track, the cryptic clue didn't help. We were also mindful of this mortar position we had yet to find. After about half an hour tempers were getting fraught, we were tramping up and down this hillside with no sign of anything. We ended up having a heated debate in the middle of the hillside with no cover in the blazing sunshine. God knows what we would have done should a patrol have appeared.

We agree to have one last poke around and by a miricale we found it, a fervent route through didn't quite give us what we wanted. We got a small bag of bb's for our trouble. Rather dissapointed we decided to make our way to the next cache. This would involve crossing a deforested area at the end of a gully in front of the enemy HQ. We decide to find cover along a river and made our way along it for several hundred metres and started up the hill on the other side of the valley. We stop for breath and Andy checks the map. I'm drinking some water when I look up and see a parked Land Rover on route Blue on neighbouring hill with a chap in the back looking like he's staring right at us. I grab the map off Andy and we decide to make a run for the treeline. Couldn't hear any commotion from the patrol so we hope we've made a clean getaway.

We reach the treeline and begin to make difficult uphill progress through the dense foliage. It was hard going and we frequently had to stop for breath. It was during one of the rest stops we hear a Land Rovoer somewhere in the forest above us. Memory told me there was a track further up the hill somwehere. We go to ground amid the logs and leaves and hope its nothing more than routine. However a few mins later we hear a Landrover below us too. This isn't good I thought, Andy has realised this too and he's nearly invisible among the leaves. Pistol drawn and ready. I can hear voices and shouting from above and below and its clear that HF are sweeping the area from both below and above.

Well thats just great isn't, 5 1/2 hours in and i'm about to be used as target practice. I nestle down behind a long and hope they will walk right past me as most footsteps are far off to the right of me. However as the patrol below me moves further into the forest I can hear one chap getting progressivly closer on what seems like a course to take him right to where i'm hidden. FUCK! Thats done it, well looks like i'll have to slot him before he finds me first. I peek my head over my cover but despite his close proximity I can't see him. From the shouts its clear niether of the patrols had seen us yet either. I peek up again, still can't see him but the dragnet is closing on both sides and I can see HF advancing in a line from below further away.

Slighty behind the line is a chap in a beret yelling orders who seems to be in charge. I decide he is probably a good enough target as i'm going to find in the 30 seconds I have left, so I pop out of cover and double tap him. The shout of 'hit' rings out from the distance and the shit hits the fan. Sunddenly the air around me is full of bb's as several HF must have caught sight of where the shots came from and hose the area. The leaves around me are turned to mulch and the log i'm hiding behind sounds like someone is having at it with a claw hammer. I pop my head up and take a few pot shots but they've all gone to ground and I have to duck again as a cloud of angry bb's decide they have urgent business with my face. I decide to relocate which is easier said than done given the denseness of the foliage and ground cover. I try and crawl through some brambles and a ripping sound and a sudden pain makes it clear one has taken a shine to my ear. Deciding that i'm hardly going to escape by crawling my way to saftey passed two angry patrols I pop my head up again to find something else to shoot at. No sooner had I raised my AK to fire I get shot, a lot!

I yell 'hit' and raise my hands, my right hand touches my ear and its clear i've cut it so with some hand in the air i'm rummaging through my pockets to find my first aid kit. All this time Andy has been ominously silent, i'm pretty sure he hasn't been discovered as a quick glance around reveals everyone zeroing in and making thier way towards me weapons drawn. As they get closer one nearly steps on Andy and he gives them the benefit of some close range affection with his pistol, the cry of 'Hit' echoes through the forest again as another HF is shot.

Shit hits the fan for the second time in two minuites. Shouts from all sides as people seem to panic, bb's fly everywhere! Andy is hit, i'm hit again, and a poor HF lad is hit by friendly fire as he moves to secure me. Meanwhile i'm dabbing my ear with a now scarlet wet wipe being yelled at to raise my hands above my head.

So as the patrols draw in, we are disarmed, searched and secured. Andy and I are then zip tied together and led out of the forest. Which was interesting due to the difficulty of the terrain. Everytime one of us slipped over it would tighting the zip tie. Even so we found this very funny and were grinning all the way to the Land Rover which was waiting to take us back for interrogation.....
      sigpic

Comment

The above is not my journal. It is from another forum, posted by unknown, ied airsoft, operation grey goose 2.

Any more like this, please comment people? =)
        sigpic

Comment

What did people think about the above? Seen a fair few must have read it.

Anyone care to create their own from a previous airsoft battle, event etc..?
          sigpic

Comment

that was a pretty good read. i enjoyed it!

would love to see more

Comment

Very enjoyable read,

more please :D
              Roses are red,
              Violets are blue,
              In soviet russia,
              Poem reads you!

Comment

Haha, I wish there were more but that was not mine.

Anyone who has been on a milsim event/weekend must be able to write up their own log?

No matter from how long ago
                sigpic

Comment

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53482

3rd post, from one I went to in May. It was written for a private forum so has names in it that won't mean anything to anyone.
                  Originally posted by fijitstiks
                  they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                  Originally posted by N3ADS
                  Is this you talking from experience ?..
                  Originally posted by fijitstiks
                  i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                    http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53482

3rd post, from one I went to in May. It was written for a private forum so has names in it that won't mean anything to anyone.
                    That was a good read =)
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

u0933146 Find out more about u0933146
                    Working...
                    X