Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

One Ive just remembered. At my regular site again, some youngen turned up with his BAR10 (not bad little bits of kit really) and his full on guillie suit, he looked like he meant business, however when it came to the game his fieldcraft skills were along the lines of a badgers green cross code. None existent!
    He stood in the middle of a tarmaced area shooting at all and everything not realising he doesnt have a 100m range, so a few of us closed the gap and engaged, his hop not being bedded in or badly setup couldnt match us for range so he got hit and we didnt, he took the hit fair and square like a good sport and stood shouting medic (we work medic rules), all well and good, until we drew level and he asked us how we had seen him, one guy sniggered and I answered with "well I noticed suspicious movement of a bush in the middle of the road that wasnt there 10 minutes ago, so we shot it, so happened to be you mate", he still couldnt understand that a guillie suit does not make you invisible when you stand in a silly place.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I am deadly accurate and highly trained with my sniper rifle and can hit a moving fly from 100ft.
      hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
        That comes from "They Live". A John Carpenter film, awesome film as well. It's a little different in the film but flows better.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso

I love watching new players... My team's mindset is, "hard, fast, kick in the door toss in a frag and follow it in, no holding back, keep the pressure on" So when we see young new players whimpering in a corner we drag them along with us. I've encouraged a lot of younger players to rush rooms against hopeless odds, get shot, respawn and repeat many times. Often they come over to us in the safezone and say thanks for showing them what to do.

When I first started I tried my best not too look like a noob. Bought all the gear, listened to all the advice people offered and did my homework. This however didn't stop me doing stupid things and getting called a noob.

I do love the new players who insist on cocking their AEG after every mag... one of my team mates had a boner for this practice...

The shouting of "reloading" is something I enjoy doing, it's good to communicate with your team mates. And also courteous to tell the opfor when they can shoot you...

One big noob joke that me and my guys do is the old "tap your mag on your helmet" gimmick that you see in movies... Makes me smile that does

edit: just remembered what I was originally going to post... about 6 years ago we took a friends younger brother with us, he was 12 at the time and really eager, but very nervous. One of the regulars at the site was a rather rotund fella with a TOP SAW. The rotund chap was standing having a smoke talking about his SAW when our young noob bellowed out

"LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT FAT BAS......"

An eerie silence fell over the safezone. Everyones attention turned to our now slightly embarrassed noob. I turned to him and replied

"Rule number 3, you don't call the player with the biggest gun on the site 'that fat bast...."

needless to say he got "Sawed" good and proper during the day
        Last edited by Magay; 26 May, 2011, 21:37.
        CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

on my first outing on sunday im gonna get it all out of my system, shout reloading like it matters, pull the charge handle, leave safty on and wonder why my gun dont work screw up my hopup so i have no range, and probably shoot a mashel and tell him to take his hits lol did i miss anything??

Comment

I just hate it when they say ''The SAS does this, I read it in a book!" ????????

Comment

Originally posted by rmkillerman View Post
              on my first outing on sunday im gonna get it all out of my system, shout reloading like it matters, pull the charge handle, leave safty on and wonder why my gun dont work screw up my hopup so i have no range, and probably shoot a mashel and tell him to take his hits lol did i miss anything??
              Yeah remember to tell other players to call their hits, kill your own team frequently, dry fire for extended periods of time etc.

Oh and if you can get hold of a sidearm, pull it out, drop your primary (and as much other gear as you can) while shouting "IM GOING SOCOM!!" and charge the enemy with nothing but your pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mounter09 View Post
                Was having an argument with a rental over the fact mt sa80 was not an enfield to which he responded
                'I play Call Of Duty, I think I know more than you'

And he was being serious too :/
                Sorry for being an anorak but the SA80 was originally known as the Enfield SA80 as it was manufactured by the Royal Small Arms Factory based in Enfield. The name was dropped after the company was sold to Heckler and Koch. Does that mean the rental guy was right ?

Comment

Originally posted by slick63 View Post
                  Sorry for being an anorak but the SA80 was originally known as the Enfield SA80 as it was manufactured by the Royal Small Arms Factory based in Enfield. The name was dropped after the company was sold to Heckler and Koch. Does that mean the rental guy was right ?
                  Nope because the one the rental talks about is Im assuming from BO, which was called an enfield, it was designed in the late 40s, made into a working prototype in the 50s and failed spectacularly. As for the modern equivelent its not officially an SA80, its and L85A1 (for the early model) and L85A2 (for the later H&K model), SA80 is not its desig name.
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by rmkillerman View Post
                    I hope so, however dont shoot me if Im on your team, otherwise Mr custom Kimber Hicapa comes out to play. :D
                    And no one who knows me likes Mr custom Kimber Hicapa, he creates pain and embarrassment. :D

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Nope because the one the rental talks about is Im assuming from BO, which was called an enfield, it was designed in the late 40s, made into a working prototype in the 50s and failed spectacularly. As for the modern equivelent its not officially an SA80, its and L85A1 (for the early model) and L85A2 (for the later H&K model), SA80 is not its desig name.
                      Can`t say I`m familiar with video games but I realise what you`re saying (I`m presuming you`re referring to the original 4.85mm bullpup), but the SA80/L85 in the A1 format was known as an Enfield when it first came out, it was even listed as such in Janes Guns recognition guide back in `96.

Comment

sean i could just stand next to you and give away your position while snipping kidding, i will do my very best to remain professonal. and answer my call to duty, haha kidding

Comment

oh and lend us you hi capa to go socom too lol

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with 'newbies' here in Hong Kong. People usually bring work colleagues or other friends with them to indoor games, and they are often rather attractive ladies from offices or whatever.

Newbie speak? They usually ask 'Where are you from? Are you single? That's a nice gun..'

I love Hong Kong.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Not sure about newbie talk but the most embarrassing thing I ever did on my first ever day of airsoft was trip over in front of EVERYONE breaking my rental gun into three parts! Just so glad I had a mask on!

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                                I have absolutely no problem with 'newbies' here in Hong Kong. People usually bring work colleagues or other friends with them to indoor games, and they are often rather attractive ladies from offices or whatever.

Newbie speak? They usually ask 'Where are you from? Are you single? That's a nice gun..'

I love Hong Kong.

Right Im sold, Im moving to Hong Kong! :D

@Slick, it must be a civi thing, Janes doesnt always get it right either. in 10+years with an issue one, it was and with guys more senior than never been called an Enfield, the only rifle to be called an Enfield was the Lee Enfield .303. The L85, has in my time always been called the L85 (I joined long before the A2 version as well) or 'piece of useless junk' as it was effectionatly known as, especially after the 4th firing pin to snap in one day.
                                Last edited by seansamurai1; 27 May, 2011, 08:21.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X