Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

at my local site 3 kids rentals i just slapped on my assualt vest and they all gathered round "WOW WOW YOU ARE SO COD!" then as soon as i got out my acog spr and m203 i was followed allday -.-

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
      at my local site 3 kids rentals i just slapped on my assualt vest and they all gathered round "WOW WOW YOU ARE SO COD!" then as soon as i got out my acog spr and m203 i was followed allday -.-
      pied piper
      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Funniest one I've had, kids sat on the bus home from Salisbury.
        They were about 14/15 I reckon, one was talking about how he went airsofting with his dad at the weekend and his dad let him use his ACOG for the first time.
        This other kid turns round with the most serious face and genuinely asks "does it give you extra range like it does in CoD?"
        Then another one proceeds to say "I'd be no scoping and quick scoping everyone all day!"
        I have honestly never laughed so hard before in my life.

Comment

It is scary how many think CoD is real life!
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I have never come across half this stuff and honestly I feel like Im missing out. Ive just read through all these stories and pissed myself. How can you you keep playing without laughing when you keep hearing this shit.
            Definately gonna start announcing every reload, weapon change and refer to all good kit as "well COD"!!
            My favorite though has to be "Goin SOCOM" Im gonna get right on that. Does it matter if I have a Glock? Can I go Glock :D
            The best thing Ive seen was a friend of mine who turned up the first time in DPM gear and a pair of brown suade brogues. He tells us that he forgot his boots but Im thinking more like massive oversite. This was made better by the fact that the site was woodland and it was a wet february. BATTLE BROGUES WAS BORN!!!!
            If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself,
            is it considered a hostage situation?

WANTED: TM PX4 // P99 // KSC 18C Metal Slide
            Metal M4 Low Caps // OD Weesatch

Comment

About 10 newboes joined up at NTAC today, they were standing in a group and I asked them if they had gloves. He turns round and goes " nnn no sss sir" and here's me thinking why did you call me sir? I am only 15. They I get talking to them and I had all my gear for sniping on. (headset,radio,rifle; the works) and he asks me if he can come with Me because "I look pro". Wow I have been called a lot of things but never pro. Considering said kid was the same hight as my l96 I found it quite funny. He turned out to be decent but a little overentuiastic (if there is such a thing)!
              SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

Urban - Last week hit in the face from ten feet - Ouch!!! - HIT!! I Cry. Started picking my stuff up to go to safe zone and hit in the face from ten feet by the same guy again - Ouch!!! - OK I AM HIT!! I Cry. Start picking up my stuff that I dropped from the second time I was hit and then for the 3rd time he hit me in the face from ten feet - Ouch!!! F*****G HIT!!! AND IF YOU SHOOT ME IN THE FACE AGAIN YOUR GUN IS GOING TO BE INSERTED WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE!!!
                Must admit I did deserve my telling off from the marshall for my outburst but it really blooming hurt and my ear was the size of a cauliflower and bleeding quite freely by this time :-S

Comment

the dude shot you in the FACE as ten feet, you can get away with anything upto physical violance.

Comment

Funny thing happened to me and a couple guys in our team,
                    We were walking back to the safe zone and three noobs who just got there start looking at our guns in awe. One of the obvously trying to impress his friends go, Oh yeah his guns a Famas and his is a AK47 and says to me and yours is a L86.
                    I go "Wow were did you learn this im surprised."
                    "cod"
                    Me again "funny cause you got all of them worng. His is a M16, His is a RPK and Mine is a M60."
                    He then walked went red and walked away while his friends laughed at him.

I was mainly surprised at the fact that a M16 being one of the most iconic guns of COD was mistaken for a FAMAS and a M60 for a L86. The RPK was probly cause oh look its got wood on it must be.
                    Slim, of BMN

Comment

Originally posted by _Slim_ View Post
                      Funny thing happened to me and a couple guys in our team,
                      We were walking back to the safe zone and three noobs who just got there start looking at our guns in awe. One of the obvously trying to impress his friends go, Oh yeah his guns a Famas and his is a AK47 and says to me and yours is a L86.
                      I go "Wow were did you learn this im surprised."
                      "cod"
                      Me again "funny cause you got all of them worng. His is a M16, His is a RPK and Mine is a M60."
                      He then walked went red and walked away while his friends laughed at him.

I was mainly surprised at the fact that a M16 being one of the most iconic guns of COD was mistaken for a FAMAS and a M60 for a L86. The RPK was probly cause oh look its got wood on it must be.
                      Ok in real life the skill is to name what gun and ammo and set up a person has in airsoft it would be to be able to guess the model the make and if they had a hi cap or not and maybe from ear the rof would be a good skill too.

A friend of mine was at a site once and said "oh thats a g36 right" a guy replied "yes...." "oh its a china made one huh?" " oh yes its a jg the guy replied" as my mate has a bit of an evil side he said "thought so thats why it looks s**t mines a TM and its older then you are" lol

I think the guy had treated him like a bit of a noob on his 1st game back after 5 years out of airsoft lol
                      sigpic
                      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

The other day, this noob, who was a 20-something year old local Hong Kong part-time model, said that she wasn't sure what she was doing, and wanted to stick with me for the whole day. Then afterwards she asked if I would walk her home, because she'd been shot in the thigh and it hurt. Then when we got to her house, she asked me to come in and check to make sure her thigh was okay. Psh.. Noobs..

:p

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                          The other day, this noob, who was a 20-something year old local Hong Kong part-time model, said that she wasn't sure what she was doing, and wanted to stick with me for the whole day. Then afterwards she asked if I would walk her home, because she'd been shot in the thigh and it hurt. Then when we got to her house, she asked me to come in and check to make sure her thigh was okay. Psh.. Noobs..

:p
                          All the girls always do that when I get out my bigun

Comment

I'm really liking the sound of this hong kong place more and more! :p
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

funniest thing I ever heard a "n00b" say was when a guy told us he loved the site because we weren't all elitist and very welcoming to new players...

Seriously. I know young players can be irritating, I know some guys get the wrong idea about what game they're actually playing (not seen anyone jumping up and down to avoid fire yet though,) but by exposure and calm words of correction and no humiliation, you can mould these guys to play the way you like to play. They admire and fawn over the expensive kit and the look of the thing, why not just help them out instead of just getting hacked off with them?

A group of us collectively effectively left one site after years of play because of this sort of treatment for new players for the opportunity to help encourage new players into our hobby elsewhere...

You know, just sayin... very easy to get wrapped up in your own way being the "right" way
                              The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

I don't think this thread is intended to berate new players or encourage elitist behaviour. I'm sure most people here try to be welcoming of new players and young kids - but they do say the darndest things, and this is just a thread to talk about how funneh that can be.

A few younger and newer players over here add me on facebook, then like every single picture I post of my guns. All of them. Like 60 pictures or so. Then they comment something like 'Wow, you should bring these to school and point them at the teacher..'

Yeah er... no.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X