Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I don't think this thread is intended to berate new players or encourage elitist behaviour. I'm sure most people here try to be welcoming of new players and young kids - but they do say the darndest things, and this is just a thread to talk about how funneh that can be.

A few younger and newer players over here add me on facebook, then like every single picture I post of my guns. All of them. Like 60 pictures or so. Then they comment something like 'Wow, you should bring these to school and point them at the teacher..'

Yeah er... no.

Yeah sorry I didnt mean that the anecdotes here were intentionally to berate new players - I know what I mention requires blowing off steam with other people who understand your annoyance at the not so adjusted green players.
    The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jonpeter001
      THERE ARE NO GOLDEN RULES!

Most successful advertising follows the same set of basic 'rules'. But we should really refer to them as guidelines. Because rules are meant to be broken. Otherwise we would have no room for innovation or creativity. But breaking the fundamental guidelines can be risky. And risk in advertising can bring great rewards - or expensive failure.

So until you have a lot of Copywriting experience behind you, stick to the tried and proven Copywriting basics and you won't go far wrong. And, to coin an over- used but appropriate phrase, why try to re-invent the wheel?

These principles have been used by successful advertisers since time immemorial. THEY WORK!. And who are we to argue?
      Fuck off, spammer.

Comment

Newbie do... Rather than speak on this on. Playing woodland and moving down a path, followed by a bunch of particularly annoying rentals.
        Keeping spacing from the guy in front while he scanned ahead, I knelt down and waited for him to move.
        Had a kid 2 inches behind me like a parrot on my shoulder, he decided he was bored and would move in front of me... Fair enough... But he literally moves 2 inches in front of me then crouched a little.
        Too close for comfort I said.... 'could you get your arse out of my face please'... It was actually touching my nose and I'm not into that shit!
        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I thought you were

Comment

Originally posted by I'mhitalready View Post
            I thought you were

Haha... Only on a weekend. Oh, it was a weekend! That's alright then
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

on sunday at gz woodland, delta where holding the village when a newbie shouts out what is your ocupation delta This was inturn followed by complete silence, then many rude names aimed towards the newb. What a muppet.
              sigpic
              Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

Originally posted by Kidjal View Post
                Yeah sorry I didnt mean that the anecdotes here were intentionally to berate new players - I know what I mention requires blowing off steam with other people who understand your annoyance at the not so adjusted green players.

You may also note, not all the stories are about new players, if I say something stupid, which I have and do then I expect to be ribbed for it, if someone says something stupid ie a CoD quote or makes a silly action which contravenes all laws of common sense, then why the hell not mention it? I bet if it was call of duty you wouldn't really care!
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

What is it with newbies thinking they know everything, only because they play call of duty?
                  Originally posted by Tiercel
                  The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                    What is it with newbies thinking they know everything, only because they play call of duty?
                    I second this! Call of duty has brought fourth a wave of complete muppets to the airsofting world!
                    sigpic
                    Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

Originally posted by Splinter456 View Post
                      I second this! Call of duty has brought fourth a wave of complete muppets to the airsofting world!
                      Yeah, but they are very easy to shoot. They just stand there. For me, It's like Christmas.

Comment

then whats you christmass like?

back on topic, being in cornwall (sun, sea and surf man) there arenot a lot of airsofters down here and most of them being over 30 they dont constanly quate call of duty but on the odd occation there is some CoD flavor banter its not anoying, maybe you have a worse time with it up north (past Plymoth) or maybe its not that bad and its the forum members here who make it look like a full blown epidemic.

i suspect i will be enlightened at great length over the next few posts

Comment

Originally posted by MADMAN983 View Post
                          then whats you christmass like?
                          Fun. Very fun. Sometimes scary, but still fun. I'd invite you, but you may end up sueing us.

I've never heard any CoD speak, not really. I've heard the odd 'Get to the choppa', but that usually seems to come from the older players.
                          I have, however, heard some new player (I'm guessing he was new by the fact he was about 12 and only had a clear, springer shotty) shout 'For Narnia' and charge at the enemy. That was good! he was lit up, but still, it was good.

Not all newbie speak is bad, I know this as I am probably still a newbie. I like to keep my head down though - else the other team follow you all day and light you up!

Comment

Originally posted by ImNotTheMafia View Post
                            Fun. Very fun. Sometimes scary, but still fun. I'd invite you, but you may end up sueing us.

I've never heard any CoD speak, not really. I've heard the odd 'Get to the choppa', but that usually seems to come from the older players.
                            I have, however, heard some new player (I'm guessing he was new by the fact he was about 12 and only had a clear, springer shotty) shout 'For Narnia' and charge at the enemy. That was good! he was lit up, but still, it was good.

Not all newbie speak is bad, I know this as I am probably still a newbie. I like to keep my head down though - else the other team follow you all day and light you up!
                            Some good ones there, Im normally the worst for CoD quotes but mainly as a p1ss take really. Been known to shout very loudly "DO YOU GRUNTS WANNA LIVE FOREVER?" followed by me, myself and me charging towards the enemy with pistol blazing and failing epically. :D
                            Its not to bad at my local site in fairness, get the odd one, or the odd gullible and a few that are like scared rabbits in headlights, but thats acceptable, you just have to point em in the right direction really.
                            But I suppose the bigger sites with a good couple of hundred players on a walkon will get it more.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I've heard a few quite recently but most come from either the serious ones with bright green or ORANGE L96s which is where we laugh at them, or the older guys using it as a pisstake at those ones with two-tone L96s.

Funny thing was seeing one run out of a hooch, a sniper in each hand, tried to jump and spin 360 degrees, slipping on a log and accidentally shooting his mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                                Yeah but most of them are like 14 year old kids, I was hiding in the treeline, sniping people from a fair distance and this kid goes 'charlie in the tree line' and I was like no jesus christ this isn't the vietnam war and then I thought to myself this kid plays too much COD:Black Ops, He was easy to pick off as he just stayed still while his little buddies started flooding in from the flanks, they were no match for my mate who was covering my ass.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X