Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

Originally posted by I'mhitalready View Post
    I've heard a few quite recently but most come from either the serious ones with bright green or ORANGE L96s which is where we laugh at them, or the older guys using it as a pisstake at those ones with two-tone L96s.

Funny thing was seeing one run out of a hooch, a sniper in each hand, tried to jump and spin 360 degrees, slipping on a log and accidentally shooting his mate.
    I have to admit about the second part, I think if I saw that I would have to stop playing, I would be too ashamed to carry on if he was on my team :D.

Comment

Originally posted by jb1991 View Post
      Yeah but most of them are like 14 year old kids, I was hiding in the treeline, sniping people from a fair distance and this kid goes 'charlie in the tree line' and I was like no jesus christ this isn't the vietnam war and then I thought to myself this kid plays too much COD:Black Ops, He was easy to pick off as he just stayed still while his little buddies started flooding in from the flanks, they were no match for my mate who was covering my ass.
      Reminds me of an incident a few years back....

Me and a mate are following two other guys in a standard cover and move tactic, approaching a treeline where we know some enemy are, in a group of huts just beyond the trees. I notice behind us that two rentals, must be 14, 15 years old, are following us. We reach the treeline and dig in slightly, these kids come up next to me.

One of the two guys leading us gestures towards the hut directly ahead of us, then to one slightly to the left, says something along the lines of

'Mark targets, two tangos in first, another hostile in the other.'

We all murmur affirmatives, quickly break from the treeline and take out the targets, this lead guy barking 'Hostile neutralized' Or other such terms with every kill. With the three guys we identified dead, we start to move into the huts, when another enemy jumps out and fires, missing, and a second later is shot by one of the kids. This kid turns round, clearly very pleased with himself, and just says 'Tango down!'. The rest of us smile and nod, but the guy 'leading' us starts to then berate the kid for using the term 'Being playing too much Rainbow 6 I think.' if I recall correctly. Think he was just annoyed the kid stole his thunder. Prat.

Another one that made me laugh was a kid walked over a couple of guys sitting next to us, and said quite loudly 'Oh mate! That's a beautiful AK-47 can I have a look?'. One of the guys laughs at him and says 'Listen kid, that's not a 47, its a 74- See the mag?' In a really patronizing tone. His mate then laughs quite loudly at him, 'You prick! It is my 47, Ive just got a 74 magazine in it!' The first guy didn't look pleased.

Remember, the experienced ones aren't immune to newbie speak!
      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Always get mistaken id with my LR300. I never get narky I just tell em what it is!
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by jb1991 View Post
          Yeah but most of them are like 14 year old kids, I was hiding in the treeline, sniping people from a fair distance and this kid goes 'charlie in the tree line' and I was like no jesus christ this isn't the vietnam war and then I thought to myself this kid plays too much COD:Black Ops, He was easy to pick off as he just stayed still while his little buddies started flooding in from the flanks, they were no match for my mate who was covering my ass.
          Yeah what a noob calling them "charlies" everyone knows its trendy to call them "tangos". I bet everyone though he was talking about bewbs amirite?
          Originally posted by "jonny lovegrove"
          And on semi i always hit the target usually within about 5 shots...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
            Reminds me of an incident a few years back....

Me and a mate are following two other guys in a standard cover and move tactic, approaching a treeline where we know some enemy are, in a group of huts just beyond the trees. I notice behind us that two rentals, must be 14, 15 years old, are following us. We reach the treeline and dig in slightly, these kids come up next to me.

One of the two guys leading us gestures towards the hut directly ahead of us, then to one slightly to the left, says something along the lines of

'Mark targets, two tangos in first, another hostile in the other.'

We all murmur affirmatives, quickly break from the treeline and take out the targets, this lead guy barking 'Hostile neutralized' Or other such terms with every kill. With the three guys we identified dead, we start to move into the huts, when another enemy jumps out and fires, missing, and a second later is shot by one of the kids. This kid turns round, clearly very pleased with himself, and just says 'Tango down!'. The rest of us smile and nod, but the guy 'leading' us starts to then berate the kid for using the term 'Being playing too much Rainbow 6 I think.' if I recall correctly. Think he was just annoyed the kid stole his thunder. Prat.

Another one that made me laugh was a kid walked over a couple of guys sitting next to us, and said quite loudly 'Oh mate! That's a beautiful AK-47 can I have a look?'. One of the guys laughs at him and says 'Listen kid, that's not a 47, its a 74- See the mag?' In a really patronizing tone. His mate then laughs quite loudly at him, 'You prick! It is my 47, Ive just got a 74 magazine in it!' The first guy didn't look pleased.

Remember, the experienced ones aren't immune to newbie speak!
            Heheh yeah some of the older guys are real wise cracks at my local site who often use silly terms like 'GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!' in an arnie voice to draw fire from my position and they take the bait every single time, I do admit though I haven't really been playing that long but I befriended the best players on the site so I have been taught well :D and one of them told me to use hunting rifle camo on my sniper cause it is still 2 tone unfortunately and it really does help if you know experienced people but not everyone is as friendly as the guys I know.

Comment

I assume you're either over 18 and a registered skirmisher or said "hunting rifle camo" is easily removable (ie not paint) otherwise you've just illegally turned an IF into a RIF.
              Originally posted by tackle
              For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

The best noob thing that ever happened to me was a friend who used to play in NZ now lives over here and on his 1st game I lend him an m4 with carry handle and sling red dot and gears of war stickers all over it he gets a torch from another friend.

Ive been using a new sight and were about 1 or 2 game from the end of the night when I ask him "hows the gun been" reply "yeah good" ..... "and the sigh what setting have you been using it on ?" "oh i didnt set it up or zero it in mate" "ok but you know its a red dot right ? I mean you played in NZ for years you know that you just turn that nob and (bing)" "Oh wow yeah a red dot I remember now please dont tell anyone" "How the hell were you aiming in the dark ?" "I was just looking down it, please please please dont tell anyone"

So I told everyone and we really cracked up over it. I guess young people playing during the day in NZ don't often buy red dots lol
                sigpic
                Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

@Aeviv Do people actually say shite like that in a game? Seriously?

I'd be an easy target if I heard them as I'd be curled up, wetting myself laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

I'd be an easy target if I heard them as I'd be curled up, wetting myself laughing.
                    Indeed. Id be like "Oooh tango? I do kinda need a drink"

Comment

If you sneak up on someone like that and give them a tango kiss then say mele does that count ? lol
                      sigpic
                      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
                        I assume you're either over 18 and a registered skirmisher or said "hunting rifle camo" is easily removable (ie not paint) otherwise you've just illegally turned an IF into a RIF.
                        Yeah the hunting camo is waterproof woven fabric and removable and I am 19and do skirmish when I can make it to the events but usually at the woodland site but like I said I have 2 months to go until I can get a black sniper and at that I will get a TM VSR and probably use my current sniper as a last ditch if the VSR breaks which I doubt will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

That was sort of my point- the regular was trying to be all tactical, then when the newbie followed his example the guy acted like he had done something wrong.
                          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
                            That was sort of my point- the regular was trying to be all tactical, then when the newbie followed his example the guy acted like he had done something wrong.
                            That's kinda harsh to be fair but every site needs it's newbie's and people like that are killing the sport and I bet he is a terrible sportsman, we also have a few like that at my local using all that tactical talk but if a newbie says it then they get flamed all day long, It is unfair, unkind and un-needed.

Comment

i agree %100 with the above poster, i couldnt have said it better so i wont

Comment

me and a few team mates thought this was awesome , i snuck up behind this rental who thought the world revolved around his ass crack , so i go " oi susie and tap him with my knife (rubber) he looked life he had actually kacked himself

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X