Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

My compadre and I recently had a young lad ask us "Are we Pro's?" after he saw what to him, must have been a full on shop's worth of guns unloaded onto our table.

I told him I was flattered, but wasn't that way inclined and that if we were, we certainly wouldn't be cheap.

Realising what he meant, my bud just replied that we were just here to play the game, same as him. We just had a few more toys at our disposal.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

over heard a conversation with a couple of young lads, they were arguing over hi cap mags, one said they are really useful, as it means you can carry fewer mags, and less chance of being caught out running on empty in a firefight, the other replied with, i rather use midcaps, because its more realistic....at this point, the conversation was a valid one, until the midcap boy followed up with, thats why the SAS only use midcaps over hicaps........classic doouuuuuuuuchee...

ps. BAMF for mod!
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by omnomnom View Post
        *aims at an enemy with my pistol, pulls trigger...nothing happens* "ah... safety's on" I still do this fairly often.

The moral of this story is everybody makes newbish mistakes at somepoint
        tooooooooo many times still, after 11 years of airsofting, do i wander out the safe zone, play for a while, realise that i should use my pistol, pull it out, 'click' still havn't put the mag in after leaving the safe zone......a palm to the face please!
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

One game a couple of months ago, I was put in charge of two noobs by our current 1IC (one of them not being bad mind) the other being quite aweful, still considered a noob despite multiple games, I told him to take point and fire and shoot, most people except him knows what this means, he desides too move, stop then shoot eventually getting hit with in the first few seconds of skirmish. When after we finished the friefight I asked him why he didn't follow orders, he exclaimed with such conviction "I was after my 3rd killstreak reward"

On the other hand my friend came with me once and too another regular he said "Its ok, i've had a lot of practise on C.O.D"
          Needless too say he had the piss taken out of him all day xD

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
            I agree with this too actually, i'm 14 and I play black ops and modern warfare 2 and I think I know a lot about loads of different guns, but that's because I do. I research things on different guns online and remember it, not like most idiots who think that they're guns experts because they play CoD.
            What?? Are you serious?? I thought playing COD made you an expert?
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Im a newbie and going for the first time on Sunday with a few friends.

Sounds like its going to be rather funny.

Do people shout "Booooom Head Shot" ?

Comment

Originally posted by iyrix View Post
                Im a newbie and going for the first time on Sunday with a few friends.

Sounds like its going to be rather funny.

Do people shout "Booooom Head Shot" ?
                That's entirely up to you bud, but be prepared to be quoted on here either Sunday night, or first thing Monday! :D
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Airsoft sounds more like a good comady! Should be intersting and no, i wont be shouting that. I will be making sure i know which way to hold the gun!

Comment

Had a game this weekend with a load of new guys. I had managed to sneak around the back of the enemy base and was slowly picking my way through some bushes. I was right behind the enemy and every time the got someone out they started whooping and hollering. I radioed their positions in to my team mates, and then heard the enemy scream as they got picked off They should have kept quiet :D
                    Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
                    Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

On the whole differnce of terms thing, i tend to go with :
                      Newb - Some one new to the sport/game, Willing to learn just making errors at the begining..
                      Noob - Someone who thinks they're right regaurdless of being told otherwise, Tend to be the COD lot thats described so much. No desire to get out of the "I'm so Awsome, You must be hacking" etc mindset..

I have to admit, we had a load at Xsite about a month or two ago that is still giggled about in my group to this day (As well as this word being ruined entirely )
                      Group of pretty young lads where their main word was "Tactical".. They would sit yelling at one another about Tactically hiding and Tactically moving out of cover while the snipers casually wander past..
                      At one point the two snipers, me and a friend who were about 30 metres ahead of them and still not taking fire as the bb's were dropping, ended up turning round and trying to show them there was no point in them sitting so far back as they could be hit or hit the other team..
                      This ended in my and my mate doing star jumps at the other team just to prove the bbs couldnt reach.. They did then move up.. Tactically

Comment

Newbs and 'Noobs' always seem to hide behind bushes right by the spawn zone, when the enemy team is a few hundred feet away. I dont understand their logic
                        Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
                        Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

This is exactly what happens.
                          I swear some people are just to cautious!
                          TAE

Comment

last week, noob says "I quite like 1911's". I decided to reply, that i prefer the 1812. Looking a bit dime bar, He asked me what it was like, so I said rather noisy but it has a nice brass section near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
                              last week, noob says "I quite like 1911's". I decided to reply, that i prefer the 1812. Looking a bit dime bar, He asked me what it was like, so I said rather noisy but it has a nice brass section near the end.
                              LOL

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

Had one kid ask me "is that a real gun as the mag has bullets in it?" It was just abit funny....
                                It was an M60 with plastic 7.62 belt in the mag..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X