Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie Speak

I was casually sniping, leant up against a tree. (like my DP...)

A newbie wih a hire G36 (terrible range) saw me from about 60m and proceeded to shoot at me. His shots kinda made it half the way there.
    He realised this and stopped shooting and waved at me. I waved back, and then proceeded to shoot him in the chest.

Gotta give it to them... they do try bless 'em.
    sigpic

Comment

its not a quote but i saw this ages ago and made me think of noobs in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9CbUDvhy5k

Comment

To my indian friend, as a bit of joke... Have you considered getting an ak47 as your first gun to which he replies... To much reciol.

Comment

is that a famas?
          yeah it is its pretty cool
          does it fire tri burst?

but as funny as it is i dont really care its all part of getting involved and people having a laugh at them is just going to make them hate the sport

unless they try act big and like they know everything, thats when it crosses the line

Comment

[QUOTE=BALBOSA;600413]
            but as funny as it is i dont really care its all part of getting involved and people having a laugh at them is just going to make them hate the sport
            QUOTE]

Yep, that's the way I look at it too. If I turned up at a site and all the guys there were elitist and just general dickheads to new guys, I wouldn't want to return.

Airsoft is a pass-time which can be enjoyed by pretty much anyone, without exceptions to race, gender, age, physique, or prior military knowledge or experience (or distinct lack thereof).
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Agreed with comment above.

The only noobish thing I've seen (I don't like the term noob because it's something that comes from games like COD) there were these three lads who came together, first time and they were acting like it was real battle. They really got stuck in but when they started giving me orders as if they were my commanding officer that was a bit annoying. However it was really funny when he told me to draw fire and I just replied with a sarcastic "Yeah ok."

I had someone on the other team ask me if they could use me as a human shield once.

Comment

Is that a silenced Mp5?
                Yep, mp5 sd6.
                So its silent.
                excuse me?
                So it sounds like the real thing. U can move around the site undetected.
                Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
                Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                  (I don't like the term noob because it's something that comes from games like COD)
                  Actually it comes from Games like Counter Strike, it was mainly a PC term until Kid's stole it for rubbish console games.

Just sayin'

Comment

I heard someone say this is just like Nazi zombies.
                    I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Zombie View Post
                      Actually it comes from Games like Counter Strike, it was mainly a PC term until Kid's stole it for rubbish console games.

Just sayin'
                      I kinda meant games like COD which Counter Strike would fit in. I mentioned COD because everytime I go on there I get called a noob for killing people lol. I do prefer the term newbie to noob however on my first day someone called me a Cherry which made me chuckle just down to the Vietnam reference.

Comment

There is, technically, a difference. A noob is more of a derogatory term, used for people who are are being idiots, and doesn't have to apply to a new player either, you could have been doing something for years and still be a total noob. However, you do find that, mainly in games, the people using the term are, in fact, the noobs. However, whatever insult you like could be used here :P
                        Whereas, newbie is just that, a person new to the sport/game etc.

Here you go - http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20060823 :P

Comment

LOL! That's awesome! It does annoy me when people whinge about being killed by a grenade launcher on COD. If you get me with a grenade launcher, well done.

I remember being a newbie, first time I'd seen a high cap and asked the immortally embarrassing question, what's this thing on the bottom for? I've moved on to mids now anyway :P

Comment

Originally posted by robharris21 View Post
                            i feel anyone who refer's to "CoD" or calls the place your playing a "Map" should be hung naked by there heels from blackpool tower until they realise what they have done wrong...
                            I second that.

Comment

Both terminologies, use the stated speech

because two simple reasons

a)THEY ARE GAY with no life,
                              b)have no friends as they are cast aways from social life and society

Comment

I hate it when people make constant reference to CoD. Somone said i should paint 'Sally' or whatever it is onto my gun with reference to black ops. I was kind of like 'Ummm.. no'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X