Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie Speak

What always makes me laugh is when i'm walking back from a trip to the dead zone and i'm about 100m from the firefight planning my route back in and looking at the area and i see kids crouching in cover as i'm just stood there in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by callumt29 View Post
      I hate it when people make constant reference to CoD. Somone said i should paint 'Sally' or whatever it is onto my gun with reference to black ops. I was kind of like 'Ummm.. no'
      oh damn... was a good idea at the time...
      sigpic

Comment

people calling BB's, bullets..
        TAE

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
          oh damn... was a good idea at the time...
          I engraved on the side of my m203 (sig pic) FEELING LUCKY PUNK i should change it to FEELING LUCKY NOOB
          Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
          Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
          sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to skirmishing my Dragunov (with "From Russia, with Love" on the receiver) and seeing what nooby comments I get.

I will use the butt of my rifle if they say:
            "My sniper's better than yours"
            -Excuse me?
            "yeah, because mine's an L96!"

Another CoD reference... great game- too influential.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
              great game
              No it's not....... :D

Comment

we were all noobs once. though some learn faster than others.

rental kids drool over my my dads gun and ask all sorts of bizarre questions about it (its an SRC MG36, with a tracer silencer, C-mag, and a rabbiting lamp fitted underbarrel, which for people who dont know what that is, used for illuminating rabbits at long ranges at night to shoot the furry bu**ers)
                he has been asked if the lamp is a grenade launcher, a bipod?!? a spare magazine amongst other things.
                he's literally had an arguement with a damn kid about what is gun was and this noob refused to believe it was a g36 mode, just bigger.
                to support his argument he pointed at mine and went 'look thats a g36c, theres no such thing as an mg36 blah blah blah' i turned to him and politly informed him that mine was a G36K which was probably too much for his prepubescent mind to comprehend.

one reason i an tolerant with most of them is they make great target practice and even better fleshy shields

Comment

Lol, Gotta love the g36 with balls!

Comment

Newbie - A new player learning
                    Noob - Either a new player not learning or an older player being a c0ck

We where all new once and if one more person tells me my WA2000 is Kewl because its in Black Ops I will not hesitate to batter them to death with it.

I am pretty lucky that for the greater part when people are talking about this and that with me (Marshal) its because they want to learn and dont want to sound stupid.

My favorite retorts are

Its an airsoft gun fella he is a 100 meters away you aint gonna hit him.
                    No its a G36 with a box mag not a support gun.
                    Nice trainers (Love that at this time of year)
                    Yes you do have to go to the dead zone and I dont care if your mate accidentally shot you on full auto because he shat himself when someone moved within eye sight.
                    No you cant have a play with my Masada (Insert any gun of choice hear).
                    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

seriusly you guys should stop hating on CoD so much, it is actually a very good game (ok it's far from perfect, and black ops (atleast on the pc, seems a little rushed but), and in reference to saying people who like cod should get back to it, if you think about it thats a really silly idea. when i was a kid i used to play red alert/ OU/ Doom etc. and everytime i hear people talk about the BFG's i catch my self wishing it was a doom reference. but that doesn't make me any less of an airsoft player, i play cod, and bc2, and yes i have even played eve and wow from time to time. and yes i do refer to thinks in real life (inc airsoft) with game terms. but it makes as much sence to someone who doesn't know it as ex military using military terms. ok i've have to learn what the hell people are going on about in airsoft, but i didn't do it over night, and if you keep an open mind you might some day learn something usefull (or fun) from a 'noob' with a different take on life to you. ok you might not but then hell, maybe if your helpfull they'll learn something fun (or usefull) from you.

i'm all for a bit of friendly ribbing, but tbh some of you guys are sounding like ass hats, and if i was on a site with some of you, i would take much more pleasure hosing you down than most of the noobs i've met (also i'm pritty sure i was useing the term noob long before CS, though i could be wrong)

Comment

i agree dude its a game that directly mimics airsoft but in pixel form, i mean yeah sometimes you just have to laugh at some references but i never do it to there face and am always considerate and helpful back in fact you can say i pride myself on it, after all if everyone's a dick to new players people will start thinking airsoft is just a game for dicks

Comment

Originally posted by Reian View Post
                          seriusly you guys should stop hating on CoD so much, it is actually a very good game )

No one is hating it we just hate people who think they know everything about guns because they play cod and think all guns from cod are better than the rest.

But cod has got worse and worse year by year cod 4 is still the best but Medal of Honor is the best game ever for sniping .

We were also all new players once we need to make all new players feel welcome and be kind to them like the regulars did to us when we were new even though some people can be dicks like most the kids at my site who never take anyones advise -_-.

Comment

My favourite was at a London CQB site run by a wolf with guns, a bunch (4-5) of beginners were hidden behind a piece of cover for an entire game of "speedball" after i herd one of them say. "Sorry I didn't move guys I was to scarred"
                            Custom M4
                            TM 1911

Comment

i dont hate new players, but,....lol, last time at maw a guy ran out in the open five min`s from the end of a game, so i light him up (arond 40m away) after the game had ended he came over to me and said "no need to shoot!!! me the other guys i was with told me to run out to see where you were, i didnt even have my gun!!" needless to say i pissed my self and just for you geardo`s he had a bright green g36 and a pair of b&q safety specs on...lol

Comment

Originally posted by mark1989 View Post
                                What always makes me laugh is when i'm walking back from a trip to the dead zone and i'm about 100m from the firefight planning my route back in and looking at the area and i see kids crouching in cover as i'm just stood there in the open.
                                That is without a doubt the best one. Although I always make a point of (after regen) going back to them, tapping them on the back as you walk past and saying 'come on then'. You'd be surprised how many newbies will get up and do quite well provided they haven't got the nervousness of being on point to overcome.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X