Do you Think This Will Catch On???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you Think This Will Catch On???

It's not really unsafe is it. The nades/thunder flashes used at airsoft are not going to blow a tube up, and even if it did, we are talking a crack, rather than the thing exploding. And even if that happened, everyone is wearing eye protection!

As for the person on the other end, unless you cop one in the face, which you could do with a hand throw, its no biggy.

Comment

If the tube splits and a couple of slivers come off then it doesnt matter if your wearing eye protection, its your hands id be worried about.
      Try holding a thunderflash in your hand with a bit of plastic round it, see how long before you bottle out.
      And regarding the person on the recieving end, im sure they would be less appreciative of that hitting them in the face than a hand throw. Remember that the pressure of air behind it is what is propelling it out, not an arm. The thinner the tube, the more powerful the projectile.
      This has been covered before, with the use of mortar tubes.
      It doesnt look good on the airsoft community either, when the government are talking about banning RIFs, and somebody comes up with what looks like a bloody LAW anti tank weapon that fires explosives out the end now, does it?
      Just food for thought! Dont get me wrong, i think it looks great fun to mess round with, but i just hope somebody doesnt get it in their head to make a proper working one. Simulated mortar fire should be done by marshals, using non hot burning grenades, or burning grenades in a suitable area. Not by people who think its a laugh to launch burning things around by the use of explosives. If you REALLY want to play with explsoives, either join the artillery, or be crafty with a leatherman and balaclava!

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
        If you REALLY want to play with explsoives, either join the artillery,
        Not that they have dropped short before is it?

Comment

The fact of the matter is this. What you've essentially created there, is an amatuer version of the M203, without any engineering degree's or expierence. A real M203, firing a grenade, will kill you if it hits you close enough in the body (not even exploding). It wont catch on because as said before it's illeagal. Yes, its fun to watch but we have to be patient until they find a way to manufacture and create a device safely. Just my thoughts
          Current Armoury
          TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

The title was a joke for all consernd and for people who are taking ti too seriously

Cheers, Matt
            Armoury:
            Upgraded JG Bar 10
            KSC Glock 18C

Wanting a GBB Rifle, Preferably M4, or an AK47 Aeg Package. Pm me With Details.

Comment

Yeah, til a member of Mothers Against Fun is looking through youtube and then we have to deal with the whole "airsoft guns can fire explosives" headline, plus iirc launching any form of explosive device in a manner other than by hand is under law conspiracy to cause explosion or something similar.
              Last edited by Hunter512; 13 January, 2009, 23:09. Reason: bad spellangs!
              Originally posted by tackle
              For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

will it take on...HELL YEAH!!!
                Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Hey, I'm a noob, so ignore me if you want to.

But, if I was you, I'd take the video off of youtube and get this thread deleted. It looks great, seems to work well and I'd be lying to say I hadn't thought of something similar. But, I suspect that you may well get a 2am battering ram wake up call from an armed police unit in the near future. As said above, you've created a working grenade launcher, then posted a video of it firing an explosive projectile on the net.

As much as I'd love to have one if I could, I really would say you're looking at deep smelly stuff if it's not taken back to it's component parts asap.

Like I said, ignore me (or abuse me in reply) if you want!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                    Hey, I'm a noob, so ignore me if you want to.

But, if I was you, I'd take the video off of youtube and get this thread deleted. It looks great, seems to work well and I'd be lying to say I hadn't thought of something similar. But, I suspect that you may well get a 2am battering ram wake up call from an armed police unit in the near future. As said above, you've created a working grenade launcher, then posted a video of it firing an explosive projectile on the net.

As much as I'd love to have one if I could, I really would say you're looking at deep smelly stuff if it's not taken back to it's component parts asap.

Like I said, ignore me (or abuse me in reply) if you want!
                    i've seen a home made WORKING space marine bolter on youtube, and i've just checked and it's still there, one year on
                    Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

But that's a US filmed video and we all know how much you can get away with there!
                      sigpic

Comment

the one i saw was filmed somewhere in the black country
                        Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Fair 'nuf.

Any chance of a link so I can have a look?
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matt007_1 Find out more about Matt007_1
                          Working...
                          X