Just unlucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just unlucky?

Well to be honest, i don't particularly care, as i got circa £500 worth of G36 (once you've counted in all the parts it was upgraded with) for the measly price of £220, and now all im in need of doing is replacing a piston (which i actually enjoy taking apart).

Edit: And ive got a mate who lives 5 mins away and will happily lend me his UMP (which he did :D) for a day

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post
      Well to be honest, i don't particularly care, as i got circa £500 worth of G36 (once you've counted in all the parts it was upgraded with) for the measly price of £220, and now all im in need of doing is replacing a piston (which i actually enjoy taking apart).
      Fair enough
      But you miss out a game day
      My G3 now has easy and quick access to the internals... Since the front of the gearbox snapped off
      Speaking of ells, when did he last go skirmishing?
      Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
        Fair enough
        But you miss out a game day
        My G3 now has easy and quick access to the internals... Since the front of the gearbox snapped off
        Speaking of ells, when did he last go skirmishing?
        No idea mate, how did the gearbox snap off?

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post
          No idea mate, how did the gearbox snap off?
          Firing it
          Fairly common problem with V2 gearboxes apparently.
          Others till I die

Comment

You can remidy that....

By using pom piston heads and light pistons. Sorbo is probably the best way as you correct the aoe at the same time.

FunkycHUNKY, just be aware that if you correct aoe you will have to remove teeth from the back of the piston too. If you pack the pistom by 3 - 4 mm you will have to make sure the second and third and possibly half the fourth are removed to allow the sector gear to engage properly.

It is more than likely aoe as jag says. Causing pre engagement, basically the piston is still moving forwards as the sector gear is knocking it backwards. That's how they usually snap off.

There is no reason not to use your metal tooth piston SO LONG as you have the gear box absolutly spot on tuned up. Then you will be fine.

Mind you if you do use the metal tooth piston and the gear box isnt right, it will deffo want to chew metal from somewhere. Or just lock up.

@ Tyler. You can use plastic teeth pistons and strong springs. You just need to make sure the piston is at rest befor being pushed backwards again.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FunkycHUNKY Scotsman Lost in England Find out more about FunkycHUNKY
            Working...
            X