Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
    I got a very strange look yesterday when I walked into a petrol station dressed in full Brazilian Military Police gear (minus the beret and webbing) immediately after a traffic cop.

The cop just glanced up and down at me, and obviously decided I was just some weirdo who likes dressing head to toe in black gear with patches on, but the staff didn't quite know where to look.
    some one else knows u as well mate lol the words out
    u should stick to my van lmao

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, I was saying it as I'd rather have myself believe the more ridiculous/irresponsible stories I've heard have been make believe, as opposed to people really doing that, etc. Especially with guns on show in public places, as I can see that being fairly detrimental to the sport!

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
      Fair enough mate, I just wanted to defend my honour (now I see why so many people got themselves killed fighting duels over the most pathetic of passing remark!).
      WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
      After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

I do believe what i will now tell you will top everything. :D

it was some months ago, when i lived in my previous house. Myself and my team were going down to Anzio the following day, and with our team we all crashed at mine. We woke up at 5 am and my house mate (Mole1811) comes downstairs and declares, "smells like p*ss and b.o down here".

we thought nothing of it and got ready. when we left, we walked past my neighbours house and my brother looks through their window and said "when did they paint their ceiling black? Oh Sh*t their house is on fire!"

so we called the police and fire brigade, whilst we are hammering on the door and yelling blue murder. needless to say we woke the whole street up. so we decided to bash the door in, which we did. the fire brigade then took over

Fortunatly they werent in that night, but what a mess. tell you what, when the fire brigade turned up and there are 6 guys armed to the teeth at 5.30 in the morning with a house on fire.

you dont half get some funny looks and a few odd questions. but we explained it all to them and they then seemed rather interested in the sport of airsoft and wanted to come give it a go. XD

Oh and it was the fridge that was making the smell :P the house electrics had gone up.

so, after that we just bimbled off and went to Anzio for a good days airsofting. :D

Not every day you help put out a house fire before a day out.
        sigpic
        BlackWing Mercenaries
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

Me and my brother have been followed by cops, been offered military discounts, but the scariest thing was when we got pulled over. The cop saw our stuff in the back seat and asked me to roll the window down. When I reached to roll it down he thought I was reaching for the Glock on the seat and threatened to shoot me....yeah, the guns ride in cases now
          -G&G M16 Proline
          -Classic Army P90 Sportline (soon to be traded for A&K M249)

sigpic

Comment

That's why in that situation you keep your hands on the wheel/dash or on the headrests if youre in th back :P
            WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Except he told me to roll the window down.
              -G&G M16 Proline
              -Classic Army P90 Sportline (soon to be traded for A&K M249)

sigpic

Comment

This happened last year when travelling to a spot of indoor goodness.

A group of 5 of us were travelling down, staying in a hotel overnight then skirmishing the next day before leaving on the Sunday night. Anyway 4 of us get to the hotel, drop our kit in our rooms (2 per room and a single) and go for a pint. We come back from the pub and one of the guys decides to give his guns a quick clean in the room before the skirmish the next day.

Just after we got back, the 5th member of our group arrived (late) and checked in at the desk with the owner. The owner had seen us leave but never noticed us return and offered to let him into his room (sharing). Anyway, he walks him up the stairs to the door, swipes his card to open it and flings the door open only to be faced with a guy sitting with a shotgun in his hand and a pile of rifles and pistols on the bed ready for cleaning.

Needless to say, it took a little while to explain why he had a small armoury in his hotel room. After 10 minutes of explaining, the owner walked away with a smile on his face and a lot more informed about airsoft.

Comment

i got talking to a ww2 vetern when i was in full DPM who thought i was a squadie, i didnt have the heart to tell him otherwise.
                  sigpic
                  Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

I went to the petrol station got out with the engine running. I somehow locked the door with me outside the car dressed in camouflage. I was locked out with the engine running in a petrol station dressed like a terrorist!

Comment

Not on the way to or from a game, but....

I just got home from work to be told by my wife that a couple of very nice men, wearing body armour, carrying Glocks and with an unmarked Vito parked on the grass outside the house, knocked politely on the door and asked my mother-in-law (who's staying with us) if they could come in and search for guns.

I've just received an L96 I've been waiting for and when it arrived this morning, the packaging was open and the postie said that the police in Swansea had opened it up and checked it before it was delivered.

The gun was sandwiched between two pieces of foam and then wrapped in brown paper. At a guess, the barrel must have gone though the paper, making them look at it closer.

My mother-in-law doesn't speak great English and she was going on to my wife about them being foreign and getting arrested as terrorists!

My wife just took them up to my office, showed them my gun cabinet and let them get on with it. When they took the 416 out, she says that one turned to the other and said that it was nicer and had more toys on it than their own guns!

No paperwork, no door kicking, no guns being pointed, just a nice friendly chat and to be honest, I'm disappointed that I missed them.
                      sigpic

Comment

during a lunch break at a shot about 18months ago, i decided that id do a pizza/mcdonalds run for anyguys on site that wanted it. so me and 2 others jumped in the car and went to the nearest greasy-spoon to order some grub. it wasnt until we placed the order that we realised 2 of us were still strapped with pistols and the other guy had 2 m4 bayonets strapped to his leg! i think we all got the same thought at the exact same moment and we were just waiting for the SO19 officers to welcome us! but no one in the cafe batted an eyelid, so we slid out with the grub and bundled into the car as quick as humanly possible!

needless to say we double check ourselves now before we leave any skirmish :D
                        "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Comment

mum picks me up from a game and stops off in a supermarket and says go for a wander and get yourself some coke or something so theres me in full dpm walking round this supermarket i walk past these two little boys and thier father the little boys both stop and go "look daddy an army man" the dad just looks at me and says "god bless you for all you boys do" and walks off didnt even give me a chance to say i wasnt military but made me feel good bieng a army cadet and joining up soon to know that people do respect the services and thier personnel

Comment

• Originally posted by Snyper_4ndy View Post
                            On my way to my old site, had to leave at 7am, got stopped off the police, must have thought I was off to do a spot of poaching or something had my L96 in its case on the back seat (was in a saxo it didn't fit in the boot) and my rig in the passenger seat, asked to search the car he got kinda nervous after I told him what was in it but asked to see it, after showing him the L96 he was confused because it looked like a real gun worked like a real gun but wasn't a real gun.
                            Guys using above as a example , If you are ever asked to open a gun case in public view (yes the boot of your car counts as public) say no and you will happily follow to the local plod station.
                            It is illegal to brandish a fire arm , imitation or not in public. You can be arrested for it.

Lastchancers.co.uk
                            Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Last Chancer View Post
                              Guys using above as a example , If you are ever asked to open a gun case in public view (yes the boot of your car counts as public) say no and you will happily follow to the local plod station.
                              It is illegal to brandish a fire arm , imitation or not in public. You can be arrested for it.

Lastchancers.co.uk
                              Opening a case to show a cop what is inside it isn't brandishing a firearm (as you put it), it's following the reasonable request of a police officer. Yes, you're quite right, you can suggest that it might make less of a public fuss if you can show them what's in there at the cop-shop. But then again why should they let you drive your car with what they believe may be a gun in it? They won't do you for having it in a public place (again, you're right, in your car is in public) if you can demonstrate that you have a reasonable excuse for it and going to a skirmish is accepted by ACPO as a reasonable excuse. Say you won't open it and they may well arrest you on suspicion of possession, cuff you and then just open it themselves.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I am just saying what I was told by a cop , never open the case in public , tell them what it is , show them your mags but never get the weapon out in public
                                Most non fire arms police would not be able to tell the difference any way. So saying look it's an Airsoft weapon there is no room for a bullet would make no sense to them

Lastchancers.co.uk
                                Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X