Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
    He was wearing desert camo, bit on the chubby side and had an m4a1? and how do I know him well enough when I have encountered him once? and he didnt just call me it out of the blue I shot him in the back and people like that dont like it if you get one over on him. And how does it smell like BS? I'm sorry I dont understand your logic it's not like I said he threw a punch at me which I ducked and uppercutted him in the face knocking him clean out? and people take the game rather to seriously shouting tactics in your face and ffin and blinding every second.
    Then how do you know hes a regular? Hefty bit of tar on that brush.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
      Then how do you know hes a regular? Hefty bit of tar on that brush.
      told the mashal what happened and he said he regulary plays at urban and has a bit of a short fuse, said he would have a word with him

Comment

Wherever you go in the world, there are tw@ts. Airsoft doesn't have the monopoly on that. There are good sites, and bad sites, but it's usually the luck of the draw with players - men who should know better, and little boys wanting to be big men, and BOTH groups failing to grasp that the aim of the game is the objective, NOT to hurt someone. If you want to hurt someone, you're in the wrong sport.
        If people are turing up and repeatedly getting away with it, it's time to vote with your feet at that particular site, because if it's happening it's being badly run, and badly marshalled.There are a couple of sites that I enjoyed, but the marshalling teams have let them down - this is an issue for the owners/managers to deal with, because I can't be the only person who objects to paying hard earned cash to spend a day being annoyed by bad sportsmanship and poor decision making. As a result, I don't go to these sites anymore. Good manners prevents me from naming these sites, well, that and the fact that I have no wish to get into a prolonged (pointless) interweb discussion with the sites (many) faithful. There are always other sites to go to - variety is the spice of life and all that.
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Probably the best reply so far Hawke.

Well said

Comment

aw, shucks. It's ok, I'll be back to being an internet tw@t myself in a minute.
            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

• Whenever you get knifed, or killed by someone stealthily, just acknowlege then silently. Hand up walk off. Get a look at em and discuss after the game
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                I for one agree that UA has cheered up a bit lately, I don't see how any of you can say it's crap when you admit you aint been there in donkeys years....

Maybe it's because they've got their arse handed to them they've just jumped on the "lets give the site a bad name" game, maybe if you actually spoke to us about anything that bothers you instead of just trolling the internet like a true warrior you'd get better answers to your gripes.
                Originally posted by Tiffy Toola View Post
                There seems to be a lot of negative comments on here about UA from people that haven't been in ages or only once. Seriously? just the once and you think you've got a site pegged. You have to play a site atleast 3 times in my opinion before you can say "Yep it's sh!t!"

A few sites have had their ups and downs. Alot of my bad days have been due to arseholes, bleeding after been shot a little too close and trigger happy nOObs. The sites themselves have been brilliant and as I say I try to go atleast 3 times before forming an opinion. Lets face it you can't blame the site or the marshalls for the pr!cks that cheat.
                Ill do 2 quotes here.
                The first time I went to UA, was in the earlier part of my airsoft experience, Id had some fantastic times at other places.
                Myself and my friend travelled for 2 hours to get to their older site, it started off ok in fairness, apart from the clickyness (however a fair few sites have that issue).
                We invited 2 new new guys to sit with us as they had no where to sit (its incredible how many people suddenly had kit explosion when 2 rentals turned up), we got talking, it was a chap and his son, first time out.
                First 'hmmm' moment was the marshal doing the chrono didnt even know the site limits!
                The brief was good though, the safe zone well laid out and overall was starting to shape up to being a good day.
                First couple of games were ok, very paintballish though which was a little disappointing, but we got on with it.
                Spoke with a couple of regular guys who said they were the only site regulars on our team, it kind of smacked a little of being stacked against the new guys on site (There were a fair few senior players though), most sites do endeavor to balance the field a little, you get a much better game all round.
                It started to go awry in the afternoon when there seemed to be a fair amount of bad play, I was personnaly at the receiving end of this bad play and some very underhand play on the part of a handfull of guys, including being full autod in the back of the head at point blank range. The chap and his son were on the verge of walking off and never playing airsoft again due to the dodgy play being shown.
                Final game was beyond a joke, 40 people shooting at one guy crossing open terrain and apparently not one of us hit him, we called a marshall over and he showed no interest whatsoever.
                It was a case of everytime we started getting an edge, the hits would stop being taken.
                Myself and my friend(and he never gets angry or annoyed) drove the 2-2 1/2 hour trip back feeling rather sour and dissapointed by the experience.

I missed one weekender they did as I was deployed at the time, however pretty much all the reports were, it sucked, its not that the team I wouldve been on got beaten, because they didnt. They smashed the home team. What annoyed them was the again prevalent 'we're losing, quick, stop taking hits' attitude. The massive open site available, until it came to an ambush, as soon as it was set up a marshall would come along and mine tape the whole area off so counter ambush drills or anyway of flanking could be done, yet the enemy had free roam.
                However, most of the guys did have an OK time.
                I went to the next weekender a year later, to start it was massively stacked for the home team, outnumbered us 3 to 1, they had site knowledge so the teams were the wrong away around.
                As defenders all the time, we never got let off the leash until sunday afternoon, by then most of our team had packed up and gone home we were limited to a small area where no flanking, and no wide movements were allowed on the part of defenders, but the attackers could go anywhere, no boundries, we had no room to move and spent most of the weekend on the backfoot with no room to move. The smoking aces were a joke.
                The whole site (600+ acres) was mine taped down to narrow trails for us but not for the enemy.
                1 game we had to stay within 40m of the objective whilst a team outnumbering us 3-1 could go anywhere, strangely there was no cover within 40m of the objective, we couldnt push out and advance to contact, couldnt even set up counter ambush.
                There was a huge amount of nastiness from the home team all weekend including a lot of threats of violence, I know I was threatened a couple of times, 1 was over the fact a guy dry fired and I didnt, he threatened to come over and make me take my hit, my reply was 'Crack on big man, take a shot at the title'.
                End of saturday (Oh yes, this was all the first day) most of our team was royally pissed off with the sh*t setup it had been, it wasnt even close to being a fair match.
                Sunday was just as big of a joke, we were assured, promised even the roles would be reversed, first game, enemy defend village we attack, brilliant we think. The boundries were then mentioned, not allowed outside of this, brilliant, no flanking then. I had holes punched through a soft shell jacket (the neoprene ones)from a hot gun. We cracked on, lots of 'take your hits' being shouted from both sides, although the enemy were getting quite aggressive again.
                End of game one, game 2 starts, oh look, its us defending again. Same boundries for us, boundries lifted for the attacking team, so they could flank. WTF? Stacking for the home team again.
                Most of sunday went like that really.
                Final game, boundries lifted after many complaints were voiced, finally we get to play airsoft. Funny old thing, the smoking aces walk off as they got smashed endlessly by flanking manouvers, lots of calls from the enemy team of unfair play because we flanked them and got behind them, a 5 man team managed to unzip 20+ enemy team because we got behind them.

The guys in the vehicles were not impressed with the whole weekend (they werent even playing either), one landrover had its new windscreen punctured by a burst of BBs, then his radiator (the driver thinks possibly maliciously as well as it was a grouped ten round burst in the radiator) got written off, bearing in mind, it had a covor over it which had been tested to 480fps at point blank range, yet the nearest enemy was about 60m away using systemas, 10 round grouping at 60m punching through a shield that can take 480-500fps point blank, I think same hot gun that punctured my softshell (Ive been shot by 500fps bolt actions at 20-30m and barely felt it in that softshell).
                Overall, it was the biggest waste of money Ive paid for airsoft, it wasnt airsoft, it was paintball stacked to the home team.
                The guys running the vehicles stated that the only way they are going back is if they organise it, most of our team had already f**ked off home the sunday morning due to the crap games, poor sportsmanship and lack of decent marshalling.
                Im sure anyone who was there, especially on the green team will vouch how crap it was.
                So Ive had a measly 2 experiences over the course of 3 days, and all of them I want my money back for.
                Ive been to many sites all over the country and both those experiences stick at the front of my mind as the worst Ive had in 7 years of airsoft.

So its not because I got owned, trust me, ask anyone who knows me and plays alongside or against me will tell you, I dont get 'owned' easily, and fair play to all who do.
                It was because in my experience, they were the worst Ive had.

If Im in the area or a group is heading that way then I might give it another lookin, mainly on the word of people on here, however, having had such bad experiences the past times Im frankly quite sceptical. At the end of the day, it costs me about 100 quid to do a game there (or nearly 200 for the weekender), in this current climate, I cant afford to take the chance of it being crap.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I have to join the "I think you're wrong on UA" crew.
                  I've not played there much in the last couple of years due to now having a child and playing football instead, but I used to be a regular, hitting their sites (both UA and FFZ) every single weekend other than the weekends we would occasionally take a trip to various other sites.
                  The marshals were always spot-on, the games are well run (of course they can get stale, they were for me at points when you play every session for several years straight, but that's when you mix in other sites) and the "core" regulars are a great bunch.
                  Of course you get some "regulars" who are poor sports and players, you get terrible visiting players at every site too, but that's to be expected in any high-attendance sport and UA often has higher turn-outs than I've seen at a lot of other sites, so law of averages says there will be some tw@ts in there.

I've only played a handful of games in the last couple of years, but I played OpFor at the AI 5-man at Urban Assault last weekend with a whole bunch of the "regulars" and the usual marshals and it was a brilliant day played in a brilliant spirit, was really good to see a lot of faces again and there was some seriously highly skilled gameplay in there over the course of the day all played with a perfect approach to the sport.

As for noobs being better sports than vets, again I think that is a hit and miss thing, you'll get good and bad on both sides, but you also sometimes have to take context into account. I will hold my hands up and admit I'm not always the best in this situation, but I tend to try to offer advice rather than just scream at people.
                  In context though you would probably find that the noob getting shot in the back when he is about to breach somewhere is with his team, has an easy route back to that point and probably wasn't expecting to achieve much anyway. I've had numerous situations where my team are bogged down, I've made an aggressive attack on my own, cleared a whole section of enemy and come back to motivate our team into actually attacking only to get shot by my own team despite having team colours on, no weapon in my hand and beckoning them towards me, just because someone finally sees an easy shot and wants a kill without looking at any of the tell-tales. I've had it happen loads of times and in that kind of situation I will at least ask them to try to get a clear view on their target and think about what they're shooting before pulling the trigger... It's why the guy above gets shot more in his hi-vis than in game too, too many players who just want easy kills and don't think about what they're shooting... I was shot in the back once by my own team when I was clearly shooting in the direction of the enemy just because they didn't believe anyone on our team could be in front of them.

Anyway, back to my initial point, in five years I've never had a problem with UA that wasn't down to one or two players of the kind you can expect to run into everywhere once in a while. The marshals and core regulars are also some of the best guys you could hope to come across in airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                    Whenever you get knifed, or killed by someone stealthily, just acknowlege then silently. Hand up walk off. Get a look at em and discuss after the game
                    That's what I prefer to do if knife killed, do the honourable thing and take the knife kill silently. Unfortunately, one particular fellow in the team I got put into this one time tells me in no uncertain terms that I should shout my head off when knife killed. Just can't please some people...
                    Failure is always an option.

Comment

Sean are you talking about UA (Urban assault) near Peterborough? Just that's the UA that Ant and tiff are referring to.

Comment

OOps, well spotted, I was thinking UA (Ultimate Airsoft) in/near Bristol.
                        Last edited by seansamurai1; 30 April, 2012, 23:50.
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by MiA|Duthaler View Post
                          Sean are you talking about UA (Urban assault) near Peterborough? Just that's the UA that Ant and tiff are referring to.
                          Indeed, sounds like he is talking about somewhere else entirely

Comment

I'm glad somebody asked, i thought he was talking about Cope!

I'll tell you how cliquey UA is... I started playing airsoft 3 years ago at the very most... Now I drink in the pub with most of the regulars, I have 90% of the marshall's mobile numbers and I feel like I have a great group of mates that I have known for years around me, every time I go to the site...

Next time yo feel other people are being cliquey, maybe it's you being stand-offish...

Comment

Well Im sorry ben if you feel offended, but when you try and speak to people and you get brushed off with a grunt when you are trying to be polite in the safe zone, and note as to what I said, it happens most places. When myself and my friend invite 2 guys to share our table because apparently no one could spare any space on theirs for the new guys, even though a few tables had an expansion of peoples kit on. But Im the one being standoffish?!

My site I have all the phone numbers and FB profiles of all the regulars, all the staff etc etc myself, counts for dick all really. At the end of the day, Myself and my team mates will endeavor to help the guys new to the site, we will always chat with the guys that have never been before (airsoft), if they struggle be it they are on the enmy team or not we will use our experience to try and give them pointers to have a better time.
                              Im an out going person myself, I have to be, my job dictates that, I dont take BS from people either, however, its never to difficult to reply to a simple morning guys, is it.
                              Never seemed to of had much of an issue at UCAP, in fact theres a handful of guys down there that I got on with extremely well, and later in CSW as well.
                              I also like to compliment people on the kit they have.
                              So instead of judging me, get to know me first.

Comment

Sean, what site are you talking about though, 'cos it really doesn't sound like Urban Assault.
                                600 acres and tables? That's not UA...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X