tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

It was Ultimate Airsoft. (UA) Lol, theres the confusion, they have the same initials.

Urban Assualt is one of the few I havent been to, although I have heard a fair few good things about it. Might well be a roadtrip at some point again.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ahhhhh! Definitely.

One thing abut UA... Yeah, the "regular" crowd is a bit older than some and that's probably why people might be a bit put off, especially if they are a bit younger... Most people aren't into playing with painted facemasks and computer game guns and obviously, if some young whipper starts on about his one of a kind super mega AEG that's all made of custom hyper parts, it's probably been heard before 10 years ago.

It's probably to do with the fact Peterborough doesn't have a Uni and the associated student influx, but yeah, the majority of "regular" players are 23-35 and older, complete with beards, dirty jokes and everything else you'd expect...

Comment

Webbo, I'm doing a business management course at Peterborough uni...........

Admittedly its a really small uni, only been open a few years, if that
        Originally posted by Fenriz
        Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Mate I should fit right in, 30, have a beard, and have more dirty jokes and snags than you could poke a big stick at.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by riddick 1811 View Post
            Webbo, I'm doing a business management course at Peterborough uni...........

Admittedly its a really small uni, only been open a few years, if that
            I'll rephrase that then.. we don't have a union bar or a proper campus here!

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
            Mate I should fit right in, 30, have a beard, and have more dirty jokes and snags than you could poke a big stick at.
            Sounds spot on... Being from the Plym, I'm sure you'll get on swimmingly... I have a lot of family from down your way

Comment

haha, I think i'm probably the only airsofter there, its that small

one of the main reasons I went there was to keep going to FFZ and UA because they're brilliant sites, and I know the majority of players there

Comment

More like we're the only people who will put up with you.

Methinks there's been a lot of confusion in the last page or so, I've been referring to Urban Assault...
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

It certainly seems there has been some confusion on all fronts.

Comment

I've been going to UA (Urban Assault) semi regularly for years (not recently mind). Sure i've seen some epic tantrums and people not taking hits, and also some churlish behaviour. But for the most part the regulars are a good bunch of guys and girls, from my experience of first starting - yeah, I shat myself, there were all these dudes in expensive gear walking around like they owned the place, but that impression only lasted a few visits, then the ice was literately broken and everyone started saying hi, welcome back, who are you etc...
                    Fortunately its a pretty small bandwagon for the people who have had a bad experience at UA in Peterborough. One thing I will say though, if you tell one of the regulars about a problem individual they will close ranks on that person and point out the error of their ways. At the moment all people have done is trash talk a damn fine site with hundreds of rooms that can't all have a marshal in, try being a bit more constructive. And don't be too upset of you get the brush off by a regular, its nothing personal, they probably just don't fucking like you.

Comment

I'm sure the site is great mate, not the one being talked about by me.

Comment

• Talk about twats on the field. On Sunday I tested to see if my gun was firing by shooting myself in the finger at point blank! What was I thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                          More like we're the only people who will put up with you.

Methinks there's been a lot of confusion in the last page or so, I've been referring to Urban Assault...
                          that cut deep mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                            Talk about twats on the field. On Sunday I tested to see if my gun was firing by shooting myself in the finger at point blank! What was I thinking!
                            A true contender for the Golden Spanner Award, if ever I heard one.

Comment

two weeks ago, attack and defend (defence), greenzone, armagh

i was hiding with another bloke in my team inside a small wooden hut. on the 1st side of the hut, looking outwards, is a fair sized window and the wall is mainly made of pallets (a 'soft' wall of sorts), on my right side is a doorway, to my rear is solid wall and to my left another doorway with the wall itself broken down to about three quarters the height of the rest (for pyros to be passed in i assume). anyway, my mate was firing mainly over the top of the softwall and covering the door to my back/left and i was covering the right and the front as well.

we were doing well, maintaining our team's left flank by ourselved whil the rest kept the middle and less-fortified right flank going. we'd each got a good few of their team when an enemy sniper comes in through the back door, caps my mate and completely did not see me (im 20 stone so i dont know how haha) and i turned round as he left the house and shot him. i got a few more through the soft wall. a lot of guys in their team saw my mate walking away calling hit and assumed the house was clear and i kept getting them. epic.

moment of the tw@t- the sniper comes back down, i couldn't see him, he leans his dragunov up over the top of the three quarter height wall and blindfires three times, hitting me once and extremely close range, a few inches away. what a wang.

so i call hit, tell him he's a massive so and so for blindfiring. a marshall overhears this, another one has seen it, this guy gets pwned by the excellent marshals.

they enjoyed that i took it without actually trying to batter him.

great place. hate tw@ts though

PS- never test a gun by firing it at your own hand haha (see above)

Comment

not really a tw@ moment but more of an, ow f*** why did you do that?.

kid with a rental weapon runs out and fires about 8 rounds at me (bearing in mind we should probably be on semi at the sort of distance this happens)
                                i'm fine with that he got me well and truly, but ALL 8 bb's hit me square in the face not a single one was aimed for the body. 4 of them pinged off my helmet which i was rather glad to be wearing that time, 2 more hit my eye protection and the last 2 hit my face in general. it was mentioned several times not to deliberatly aim for headshots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X