tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamie s View Post
    kid with a rental weapon runs out and fires about 8 rounds at me... ALL 8 bb's hit me square in the face
    8 shots fired with a rental and all head shots? Let's talk about his grouping for a second! :-)

Furious

Comment

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

i had a nasty 1 the other week which i will explain soon but this 1 is more of me been a d*#k. i have a inokatsu gpmg and couldnt be arsed to run very far so i found a quiet building kinda central on the field and sat just away from the window so that my muzzle wasnt visable at all. was popping off a few rounds here and there, when all of a sudden 4 enemy came heading my way so i opened up full auto letting off about 200/250 rounds in a burst. but little known to me is they hadnt actually spotted me but they had seen my fellow team mate hiding on the side of the building, so my said team mate made a run for it right past the window i was sat in. and as he couldnt see the muzzle and as i couldnt see what was on the outside of the building and not knowing he was there, he unfortunately got the last 20 rounds of that 250 round burst to the side of the face. i was quite lucky coz he saw the funny side of it as mistakes happen, but my god i still feel like a tw@.

Comment

acsidants happen mate

Comment

I've been to urban Assault once. Earlier this year, and I can tell ya, while I know they wont be missing me, they have more than enough players to fill their roaster, but I wont be wasting my time going back. I can understand one or two players cheating a bit, but it was quite a few on both teams. I had to call out my "team" mates for not calling hits, and they looked at me like I was wrong. The marshals were too busy talking on their phones and to each other to even see some of the sh*t that was going on. When they were actually watching the game, they didnt call crap, as what one didnt do, when my mate and I unload 4 mags on one idiot who was supposing dodging rounds by rolling on the ground like rambo.

Another incident:, Its a pretty big site and its hard to ear when someone calls end game. I was in one room on the far end and saw an opponent with his gun up, walking through the building,So I shot him, not knowing the game ended. So he starts swearing at me. I was like wtf? I can understand being upset, especially when the game has ended, but directly swearing at me is another thing. I was so pissed off, he ran over to his other buddies while I started to get heated. I wanted to rip his face off.. After that I just packed my stuff up and waited for my mates to finish. Shit day.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            I've been to urban Assault once. Earlier this year, and I can tell ya, while I know they wont be missing me, they have more than enough players to fill their roaster, but I wont be wasting my time going back. I can understand one or two players cheating a bit, but it was quite a few on both teams. I had to call out my "team" mates for not calling hits, and they looked at me like I was wrong. The marshals were too busy talking on their phones and to each other to even see some of the sh*t that was going on. When they were actually watching the game, they didnt call crap, as what one didnt do, when my mate and I unload 4 mags on one idiot who was supposing dodging rounds by rolling on the ground like rambo.
            Absolutely 100% sure you were hitting him? Maybe the marshal had a better view and you werent hitting him? From the rest of your post you evidently are quick to anger at perceived injustice. I think youre perhaps being a little unfair on the marshals there.

Another incident:, Its a pretty big site and its hard to ear when someone calls end game. I was in one room on the far end and saw an opponent with his gun up, walking through the building,So I shot him, not knowing the game ended. So he starts swearing at me. I was like wtf? I can understand being upset, especially when the game has ended, but directly swearing at me is another thing. I was so pissed off, he ran over to his other buddies while I started to get heated. I wanted to rip his face off.. After that I just packed my stuff up and waited for my mates to finish. Shit day.
            Wanted to rip his face off? Got heated enough to put someone in fear of physical violence? Wow.

Fair play, not great to swear. Though perhaps justified to be unhappy if you shot him after games end. But its evidently you in the wrong to react the way you did. Youre right, we wont miss you.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I think you're right, we will not miss him.

Especially now he's proved he's solid by giving it large on the tinternet.

PS... I've played at UA for 5 and a half years very frequently and never not known the games ended......................

Comment

When they were actually watching the game, they didnt call crap, as what one didnt do, when my mate and I unload 4 mags on one idiot who was supposing dodging rounds by rolling on the ground like rambo .
                so if you lost your temper like that just coz he got angry how would you of been if someone had thought you werent taking your hits and unloaded 4 mags into you like you did with that guy!. as FENRIZ has stated, maybe the marshal had a better view point.
                at the same time tho ive had days were the marshals have been a bit slow on things but its only rare occasions at my site, and when you were saying they were stood talking maybe they could of been dealing with another issue. so dont always take it out on marshals. im not sticking up for them either as ive been to a site that was badly marshalled, but went again another time and it was fine.

at the end of the day mate i just think you need to chill as it is just a game and not to come to conclusions based on a few bad games. and when there are inccidents like you didnt know the game had finished and you shot him, yea he was angry as you would of been roles reversed. next time just say sorry you didnt know and laugh it off as he probably would of laughed too but instead you got angry with him so he got angry back. just relax mate

Comment

For some strange reason anthony you seem to speak down to anyone who criticise urban assault. It is a great site but obviously has some flaws like the cheating. It was a simple mistake to make shooting the player but some of the regulars use pretty bad language as I have experienced

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                    For some strange reason anthony you seem to speak down to anyone who criticise urban assault. It is a great site but obviously has some flaws like the cheating. It was a simple mistake to make shooting the player but some of the regulars use pretty bad language as I have experienced
                    Because 99% of the time people are uselessly hopeless at reporting genuine factual information about the site...

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                      Because 99% of the time people are uselessly hopeless at reporting genuine factual information about the site...
                      Saw a bit of a rant on FB about the site and there owners long story short they saw a number of players on their team being tards such as overkilling players and continuing to shoot the dead? These aren't my words nor is this my opinion on the site, but it seems to me that you've got a bad reputation and the fact that you get so defensive about it only seems to give the haters excuses to argue, rather than arguing till your blue about the site let them come down and let the gameplay talk if it and the site is as good as you say this shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                        Saw a bit of a rant on FB about the site... ...These aren't my words nor is this my opinion on the site...
                        This is how it all starts really... Probably not a good idea to proliferate this kind of thing as you can't actually put your finger on what happened.

The way I see it, there are some aspects of Urban Assault that can be perceived as faults:

Games and scenarios: A lot of the games are repeated week in, week out and people that go even close to regularly might find themselves tiring of it after a while. The thing is, the games played are the ones that work best, and frankly, the guys that run and devise them have no interest in running "chase the 7ft Terminator-type robot and pretend to be beamed back to Mars" type games... They just want simple, straight-forward firefights.

Ranges and Cover: Although UA is an "urban" site, the distances you can see enemies across is much further than that of any woodland site I've ever visited. You'll then get somebody that's either inexperienced or has an inflated sense of the range of their weapon hurling BBs at the distant enemy without a chance of hitting them, the opposition either gets involved in the same hopeless firefight, become focussed on trying to hit the other guys and starts yelling, until somebody sneaks round the side and shoots them in the arse from 10ft, or, just walks off.

Either outcome results in one or more people being branded a cheat, the old classic "F*** Sake! I can see the BBs bouncing off of him! MARSHALL! TAKE YOUR HITS!" line gets wheeled out and that's that. If you are standing off to the side of this kind of exchange, it's usually quite clear to see the BBs are not going to be hitting the enemy, or even rolling up to him.

The cover is also another aspect of contention... It's all hard cover, you are either behind it or you are not and with the distance people insist on shooting, BBs are traveling at not much more than walking pace when they get there meaning it's a breeze to sidestep, or even return fire and then get behind cover.

The reputation of the "regulars": This one has been growing up for a while now... The reputation of the regulars has been dragged through the dirt on here. The thing is, every single verifiable account of a "regular" cheating has turned out to be somebody I've never seen before.

There are probably 15 guys that I would count as "regular" and probably another 15 extended guys that are good friends with those but only turn up once in a blue moon, some of them come from as far away as Nottingham or actually live closer to London. Of that lot, I'd say it's rare that more than 10 are at any given game and given there are often upwards of 100 people booked up and playing, that's not that many. I can honestly say, I've seen these lads help out the new players at the site more than anything, given them guidance, pointed them in the right direction etc... I'd say sure, I'm a regular, but the thing is, I play plenty of airsoft... I'm not really interested in getting stressed out and shirty, we are just playing with toy guns...

I have seen groups of people turn up with AWFUL attitudes, hot guns, immediately calling cheats out in the first 5 minutes etc. and it's not fair to heap them in with the "regulars".

There's a couple of guys that marshall that do do quite a lot of shouting... I must admit they got my back up the wrong way when I first encountered them but after a while, I just realised it was me being over sensitive, I joined in, had a bit of banter and now I'm happy to say I get on with them both very, very well. All that shouting actually enhances the experience for the rentals because it feels a bit more "army"...

I'm not going to go getting all defensive about UA, because it ISN'T perfect, but it's not fair to jump on the bandwagon and start slagging things off as many people do, without any first hand experience. "I heard on Facebook..." or "some guys at another site said.." are not valid evidence... Look what happened further up the page, Sean thought we were talking about a completely different site!

Comment

The cheating at urban assault is over hyped, I only experience a couple of people cheating when I go there the majority of people are fine, I personally think it's a great site and always has a big turn out.

It just annoys me when regulars talk down to people if you have an opinion of the site like it's a personal insult. It's not perfect and could benefit from some constructive critisism. I have skirmished at urban assault about 14 times so my critisism is based on factual information and experience.

The majority of the regulars are fine but some of them take it way too seriously and get pretty abusive for no reason most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                            The majority of the regulars are fine but some of them take it way too seriously and get pretty abusive for no reason most of the time
                            I'm not sure what group you mean, but the regulars I know about are using having a laugh and doing their best action movie quotes... I guess I have shouted expletives before when I've been hit, but it's never directed at the shooter, that's what they are supposed to be doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                              Absolutely 100% sure you were hitting him? Maybe the marshal had a better view and you werent hitting him? From the rest of your post you evidently are quick to anger at perceived injustice. I think youre perhaps being a little unfair on the marshals there.

Nah, more than enough other people saw.... But you know, its always the players fault right?

Wanted to rip his face off? Got heated enough to put someone in fear of physical violence? Wow.
                              Just like saying you want to kill someone and you dont... It evident that this will be me against urban assault

Fair play, not great to swear. Though perhaps justified to be unhappy if you shot him after games end. But its evidently you in the wrong to react the way you did. Youre right, we wont miss you.
                              As mention later on Urban assault has hundreds of bookings, so it doesnt matter what I experience... Its amazing how I mentioned the game play was filled with cheats, and now my attitude is the one being judged, oh well. If you think someone cursing at you is ok, then you have some things you need to work out yourself

I think you're right, we will not miss him. And I wont miss Urban Assault either.. Too many other sites to play in the Uk and the rest of the world, so no scab of anyones back

Especially now he's proved he's solid by giving it large on the tinternet.
                              Yeah, Im solid, what makes it even more solid is the fact you are reading my comments in a thread titled "tw@t's on the field .. " if it didnt get under your skin you wouldnt have responded

PS... I've played at UA for 5 and a half years very frequently and never not known the games ended......................
                              Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
                              so if you lost your temper like that just coz he got angry how would you of been if someone had thought you werent taking your hits and unloaded 4 mags into you like you did with that guy!. as FENRIZ has stated, maybe the marshal had a better view point.
                              Again my temper .. What you guys need to do is stop and actually look at the problem at the site, instead of trying to pin this issue on my temper.. You would have all right to talk about my temper if i went over and punched the guy in his mouth or cursed at him, instead I didnt. So get off your high horse and LOOK at the problem. THE MARSHALS SAW CHEATING AND DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. PERIOD. If you would like I can make the font bigger if you still dont understand...lol

at the same time tho ive had days were the marshals have been a bit slow on things but its only rare occasions at my site, and when you were saying they were stood talking maybe they could of been dealing with another issue. so dont always take it out on marshals. im not sticking up for them either as ive been to a site that was badly marshalled, but went again another time and it was fine.
                              Kudos to you Sir

at the end of the day mate i just think you need to chill as it is just a game and not to come to conclusions based on a few bad games. and when there are inccidents like you didnt know the game had finished and you shot him, yea he was angry as you would of been roles reversed. next time just say sorry you didnt know and laugh it off as he probably would of laughed too but instead you got angry with him so he got angry back. just relax mate
                              Some of you guys Have a reading disorder.. Where did I say I exchanged words with that person? Please point it out.. I shot someone, when I didnt know the game was over and he CURSED ... foul language, repeatedly to me, in my face... You want me to laugh with someone like that? You guys have your heads so far up your arses its unbelievable.

And this is the blatant attitude people have to deal with from marshalls and site owners?? Again, UB has hundreds of bookings, so losing one person is nothing right?.... This is going to get things far with this site. Let me explain something to you. These sites are (or should be treated )businesses. It doesnt matter how lame a complaint is, whether it s newbie or a seasoned player, people should be given the common courtesy to explain what has happened to them, they paid for it. Some of you guys forgot that you were once "noobs" and weren't born with a toy gun in your hands.
                              I understand when people have a favorite site and will try to defend it, but this will cause people to be blinded by alot of things. It's the attitude of alot "seasoned" players to not see things affected by other players, because it doesnt affect them personally(whether they are drinking buddies with the site owners or just doesnt care. I came on here to tell you guys my experience not to bash a particular sight, but instead because Im not one of your drinking buddies, the stones were thrown at me and especially my attitude, which has never been displayed at any site PERIOD. I walk off before I say anything, but it doesnt stop the way I feel.

Some of these sites are ran like a buddie type play ground, and these people need to realise that everyone who pays and play have a right to have a view... Its a business, get over it. The whole attitude of We wont miss you and we have 100's of bookings soo tough luck isnt going to swing it for me personally. There are more than enough other sites that will take my hard earn money and treat me with respect and make sure that the day is played fairly.

Just because a site has a great venue, doesnt make it good, its the people who run it and how they deal with their customers. If some of you dont get this concept, please dont try and start a business.

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                              This is how it all starts really... Probably not a good idea to proliferate this kind of thing as you can't actually put your finger on what happened.

The way I see it, there are some aspects of Urban Assault that can be perceived as faults:

Games and scenarios: A lot of the games are repeated week in, week out and people that go even close to regularly might find themselves tiring of it after a while. The thing is, the games played are the ones that work best, and frankly, the guys that run and devise them have no interest in running "chase the 7ft Terminator-type robot and pretend to be beamed back to Mars" type games... They just want simple, straight-forward firefights.

Ranges and Cover: Although UA is an "urban" site, the distances you can see enemies across is much further than that of any woodland site I've ever visited. You'll then get somebody that's either inexperienced or has an inflated sense of the range of their weapon hurling BBs at the distant enemy without a chance of hitting them, the opposition either gets involved in the same hopeless firefight, become focussed on trying to hit the other guys and starts yelling, until somebody sneaks round the side and shoots them in the arse from 10ft, or, just walks off.

Either outcome results in one or more people being branded a cheat, the old classic "F*** Sake! I can see the BBs bouncing off of him! MARSHALL! TAKE YOUR HITS!" line gets wheeled out and that's that. If you are standing off to the side of this kind of exchange, it's usually quite clear to see the BBs are not going to be hitting the enemy, or even rolling up to him.

The cover is also another aspect of contention... It's all hard cover, you are either behind it or you are not and with the distance people insist on shooting, BBs are traveling at not much more than walking pace when they get there meaning it's a breeze to sidestep, or even return fire and then get behind cover.

The reputation of the "regulars": This one has been growing up for a while now... The reputation of the regulars has been dragged through the dirt on here. The thing is, every single verifiable account of a "regular" cheating has turned out to be somebody I've never seen before.

There are probably 15 guys that I would count as "regular" and probably another 15 extended guys that are good friends with those but only turn up once in a blue moon, some of them come from as far away as Nottingham or actually live closer to London. Of that lot, I'd say it's rare that more than 10 are at any given game and given there are often upwards of 100 people booked up and playing, that's not that many. I can honestly say, I've seen these lads help out the new players at the site more than anything, given them guidance, pointed them in the right direction etc... I'd say sure, I'm a regular, but the thing is, I play plenty of airsoft... I'm not really interested in getting stressed out and shirty, we are just playing with toy guns...

I have seen groups of people turn up with AWFUL attitudes, hot guns, immediately calling cheats out in the first 5 minutes etc. and it's not fair to heap them in with the "regulars".

There's a couple of guys that marshall that do do quite a lot of shouting... I must admit they got my back up the wrong way when I first encountered them but after a while, I just realised it was me being over sensitive, I joined in, had a bit of banter and now I'm happy to say I get on with them both very, very well. All that shouting actually enhances the experience for the rentals because it feels a bit more "army"...

I'm not going to go getting all defensive about UA, because it ISN'T perfect, but it's not fair to jump on the bandwagon and start slagging things off as many people do, without any first hand experience. "I heard on Facebook..." or "some guys at another site said.." are not valid evidence... Look what happened further up the page, Sean thought we were talking about a completely different site!
                              BEN, While I find this reply really level headed, your response wasnt like that early on. In any case, Ill say this.. My experience at UB is MY experience. YOU or any of the minions on here can not change that. You guys need to accept that and say, well maybe we should look at things a little more closely. I can tell you , Im not spending 2+ hours of driving each way and petrol, paying for entry to come back and be treated like that again. Whether it was from a "regular" or a new person that did that to me. No skin off UB back or mine, life goes on. What I believe that should beof concern is that most people who go to the UB site, bring other people. I was there with 7 others. So now that number of losing one has gone from to 8..See the math? What I can say though is that many sites have this approach, and instead of dealing with the issues, people like early on in the thread jump on the individual, instead of looking at the problem and fixing it if its there. I am part of a Uni Airsoft group and will not, have young players subjected to being handled like this PERIOD or watching blatant cheating while the marshalls stand by. I can accept that the Site marshalls can not see everything, but I believe, the leaders pave the way and well the followers do what the leaders have done.. see where Im going with this? Do you thinking I want my child to experience some idiot cursing at him, if he does something wrong? I will gladly show my temper then.

Before the question is asked about how many times I've been there and how quick I am to jump BLAH BLAH BLAH.., I've been there once. Thats all it takes to sum op a place really. You look at the players and people running the place and see what happens through the day and how they handle it. I know what a bad day is and there are things that out of the marshalls hands, but this site is lacking in marshalling. Again this is my experience and well the others that I came with. Because of that we decided to make the trip to the centurian site after discussing the issues with UB. So we packed up the cars and went with 12 people... see how the number are adding up here? I will admit, the site is no where close to UB, BUT, the guys there are Great to deal with and handle people professionally.

In any case, my view, doesnt have to be taken seriously.. after all.. I wont be missed
                              Last edited by Incognito; 10 June, 2012, 14:27.

Comment

I'm going to some up your entire essay into one word,

"turd"

Oooooh that rhymes.

Thanks bye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X