tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

look, i wasnt on my high horse, all i was saying was that you were saying he got angry at you for shooting him yet you probably would of done the same in his shoes, then ranting on here that sum tw@ at the site shot u after the game had finished etc as well as all the cheating like your post!. now your taking a pop at me for no reason. ive never played at ub, all i was saying about marshals was that every day is different. coz you never said about any other days just this 1 day!!!!. if you had said it happens all the time then i would of taken your side but u never said that. if i was at my site for the first time the other week then i probably would of said the same but as i go most the time i knew it was a one off, that was all i was saying!. and you make the comment would you like the writing bigger and sum people need to read then right back at you mate as all i said was to calm down. as this thread was more tongue in cheek about the odd person that wasnt playing right or upset u a bit ect, so was noway aimed at any1 in particular. but then you come on here slagging a whole site off aswell as all the staff in a full blown rant ova 1 day. it wasnt wat u said mate, it was the way came across. i am in no way against you, and i know sumtimes first apearances can be bad but u need to spend a few times at a site before u can judge wether thats commen place or not there before slagging the whole site off. thats why i was asking you to calm down, not for what happened on site!. most people if they dont like a site is just take it on the chin a find sumwhere else to play and leave it at that. or there would be a massive thread on sites you hate.

Comment

Sorry I ment never played at ua not ub Lol

Comment

I'm sad that I've read this thread. Why am I sad? Because it's devolved into childish bickering. Please stop lads, because this is what gives airsoft players a bad name.
        Yes, there are tw@ts on the field, as there are in every part of life, but as I have said many times before, IT'S A GAME. Agree to disagree, but stop with the tedious, bandwidth stealing argument. If it bothers you that much, it's taking over your life in a very unhealthy way.
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Darkmikey, While my intention was not to offend anyone here, but to talk about my experience, and since the topic reached on Ub, I added mine. If you feel insulted, then you have my apologies. What struck me was the way it seems that while some said not to jump on the bashing band wagon of a site, there is bashing of players who have a negative input about sites. Not to mention the adolescent reply like what anthonyyoungs1989 made in post 285 makes you wonder if the whole consensus on a particular issue is immature and not worth mentioning. If you have "mature" players saying: "Because 99% of the time people are uselessly hopeless at reporting genuine factual information about the site" that attitude only trickles down to Noobies Like myself.

let me say this... I dont take people at sites serious.While I might get upset, I keep it internal, as I believe getting kicked from a site is in your own control. I do however believe that a site should be Marshaled not only for game play, but how people act to one another. Im a paying customer so value for my money is essential, and when I feel like that hasnt happen, then Im not happy. I can name a ton of sites ,that I am not happy, will you have the same experience.. maybe not.. but it is such bullshit to try and hush people. If I think a particular site sucks, then I feel it sucks.. I think Britac sucks... why because all of my experiences there were negative. Some of the marshalls are cool, but the players there are less desirable, as I found some dont abide by the rules and tend to curse at you too. Not to mention the game play has become predictable. This is all of my opinion. nothing more, and these sites carry on fine without me... BUT as demonstrated in this thread and a few others, if you say anything negative about these places, their minions come in and bash the living shit out of you.. Just another turn off to me from giving it a second, third or forth chance.

You guys may proceed to bash me again as I realized this thread as gone off a serious tangent

Comment

+1 on the above post.
            This thread is being derailed from a vent about cheats / idiots post into a to-and-fro argument where some folk have taken issue with other players' poor experiences at a site (whether real or perceived - who knows?). As laudable as it is to defend your local site, it is drifting off-topic.
            It would probably be better to start a fresh thread or take it to PM. Btw: the childish comments don't help anyone
            "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
            George Carlin

Comment

Hawke, While I feel what you are saying is true. I believe that this type of stuff has to be talked about.. All sporting activities goes through things like this, but for this sport to grow bigger this is one hump that NEEDS to be crossed. look at what is happening in football right now. Players are putting their foot down about racism and refs are talking about how players deal with them. It has to be dealt with.

Sites need to be more accountable for how they run their sites, and let player feel free to have an input, or it'll be the same shit inside and out.

If UKARA prevents people from buying an all black RIF, then why it so hard manage your players in real time. You see not speaking about the problem is brushing it under the carpet, instead of looking at it in the face and dealing with it.

Comment

The problem won't go away as certain people are to stubborn to take on board any criticism about the site

Comment

The problem is, what do you expect to happen? You report it to a marshal, it's your word against there's. Nothing can be done directly unless a marshal actually sees the player doing what you reported... You can point it out and the marshal will tail the other player but you can bEt your left nut they won't do it again. whilst this is happening, the same thing is going on elsewhere on the site.

If its a business being run, this is how it's got to be. You can't go kicking people off because of one report of cheating.

Comment

Posted this on a different thread but might as well stick it in here. At a game on a site I used to frequently attend a few weeks ago and everything was going fine. I and a friend went into a factory building as our objective was to defend the bomb in there. There were a group of lads on the whiteteam there who seemed to not be taking their hits throughout the day, which was noticed by quite a few of the guys in the red team (my side) and commented on. In the factory it is single fire only due to the compact environment, my mate is next to the doorway aiming up and spots a guys weapon coming round the corner. He fires 2 shots from about 2 feet away into the guys mid section, a perfectly clean kill, yet receives a full auto burst in the face, cutting his forehead wide open. As he is hit and bleeding he ignores the fact that the guy didn't take his hits and goes out to clean his head and stop the bleeding, I remain in the room and wait to see if anyone enters...moments later the same guy (who was just shot by my friend yet didn't go to the respawn) pops around the corner, and this is what happens.

To clear things up, I had recently put a fresh mid cap in the weapon and had about 60 beebs left in the mag, I also had a zero'd red dot on my rifle, and even if I didn't at this range you aren't going to miss. I fire one shot, the guy look around, after the second he flinches and moves back, and shouts "white" trying to work out if it's his own team hitting him, finally he spots me so I fire two more shots on semi-auto. He, on the other hand, opens up full auto hitting me with 5 or 6 shots, more than I fired the entire time. I wasn't amused, went out and had a chat with a marshal, I said that I had got it all on camera and would upload later to show him. I put it on youtube and put the link on the sites forum for the regulars to see. About 2 hours after the video goes up I get a shit load of messages and emails from the guys chums (some threatening me with physical harm, others with police and legal action, I know, bloody hilarious). I responded to all of them letting them know I was attending the next game day if they would like to have a face to face, none seemed to keen to reply, and none turned up either. The actual guy in the video also messaged me, first claiming my gun wasn't firing, then claiming that I missed, and finally that he didn't feel it, all total bs. Later that day I receive a message from a friend and well known youtuber who has had dealings with the guy before and he explained that he was recently banned from another airsoft site for dangerous conduct, aggressive behaviour and non hit-taking. Pretty much sums up what kind of player he was.

Sorry for the essay haha
                    Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      Hawke, While I feel what you are saying is true. I believe that this type of stuff has to be talked about.. All sporting activities goes through things like this, but for this sport to grow bigger this is one hump that NEEDS to be crossed. look at what is happening in football right now. Players are putting their foot down about racism and refs are talking about how players deal with them. It has to be dealt with.

Sites need to be more accountable for how they run their sites, and let player feel free to have an input, or it'll be the same shit inside and out.

If UKARA prevents people from buying an all black RIF, then why it so hard manage your players in real time. You see not speaking about the problem is brushing it under the carpet, instead of looking at it in the face and dealing with it.
                      Idiocy/cheating/twattageness is dealt with by dealing with it at the root, NOT by anonymous ranty posts on t'interweb, and especially not by batting back and forth the same tired arguments. The same things have been said on every page of this thread.

UKARA doesn't prevent the purchase all black RIFs. However the VCRA does. UKARA is a VOLUNTARY trade organisation, formed partly in response to the VCRA. But that is another discussion, for another time. I have to drink my tea and drop off daughter No 2 for her Maths GCSE.
                      Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

After a busy morning dropping frantically nervous daughter at school, taking wife's car to have car radio repaired, and a trip to bank and building society, I have had a bit of time to reflect on this thread.
                        What I have come up with is this: It all boils down to ONE word. That word is "RESPONSIBILITY" Take responsibility for your own actions and behaviour, and if we all do that, it will fall into the right place. None of us are able to say, hand on heart that we haven't behaved like a biff at some point while PLAYING (that playing word again, look it up, it means doing something FOR FUN), but as long as we all recognize that we are not infallible, and act accordingly. If you have a snag with a site, or with a site's players, act with your feet and go to a site you like, or one where you feel accepted and/or comfortable.
                        Right, feet up in front of the telly til I have to behave like a grown up later on.

Comment

I've been follwing this thread lately and TBh I think the issue is ICOG's use of language.
                          He/you may have a genuine gripe but there's are ways to raise it and ways not to.
                          Ranting on a forum is not the way IMHO,and threatening to "rip" someones face off isn't really a way to get people to take him/you seriously.
                          As said before the issues should be raised at source,you had an ideal oppotunity to deal with it but instead you packed up and skulked off.
                          I personally would have approached the other person involved and appologised with my mask off,I would have taken the time to explain what happened,I think then you would have enjoyed the rest of the day,you would've cleared the air.
                          Cheating occurs on most sites,the marshall should sort that and if the offender knows it's been noticed they usually don't re-offend.
                          As for issues on the site it's the site manager you need to approach.
                          I'm not jumping on the bandwagon and ganging up on you but I don't think you handled this well.
                          Deal with at source when required and enjoy your days out.

Comment

I've been playing airsoft for 10 years, and I've come to a zen-like conlcusion that would stand all those people getting 'wound up' about situations in game:
                            1. The only person's behavior you can have direct control over is your own. Period. If you behave courteously, and within the site rules, fairly at all times then there will never be an issue. Bitching and whining about how people play, the kit they use, the magazine type in their guns and other such trivia does nothing except make you feel wound up. Provided they are playing within the site rules, weed your own garden.

2. It's just a game. You lose, win, get hit every 10 seconds or last the whole day and waste the other team and it matters precisely the same in the grand scheme of things- zip. nada. bupkiss....Will anyone care next month? Next year? Nope. So the only choice is to have fun or not to have fun.

3. If someone hasn't had .2 filter into their brain enough and they feel the need to cheat to 'win' or enter into a screaming fit, then laugh it off/smile and walk away- it obviously matters way too much to them.... If the way they are behaving is affecting the game (as opposed to just annoying you) then report it to a marshall with a clear description of the player and the event.

4. If you find yourself coming away from airsoft angry and upset then maybe you need to remember it's only a game you play for fun.You know, enjoyment.
                            If you aren't enjoying your current site- try another one.
                            If you find you didn;t enjoy that, then maybe find another hobby or or look to your own self
                            Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

In fairness, incognito never once said he got threatening or threatened anybody, he commented what he was thinking, I'm sure many of us have had nasty thoughts of what we wanted to do to a douche.
                              So people, read the post before ranting about him getting violent when he didn't.

I've noticed one or 2 comments still about urban assault being good and my comments are unfounded.
                              You are right, my comments about urban assault are wrong, I've never been there. However my comment stands when Ultimate Airsoft is concerned, which is the UA I was talking about.
                              Crossed wires on many fronts.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                                You are right, my comments about urban assault are wrong, I've never been there. However my comment stands when Ultimate Airsoft is concerned, which is the UA I was talking about.
                                Crossed wires on many fronts.
                                My apologies, I didn't mean to insinuate you were making unfounded comments, I was merely using it as an example of the "chinese whispers" effect that can happen on forums...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X