tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Two guys this weekend, site undisclosed, were terrible all day.
    One incident will stick with me though particularly...

Our team were assaulting a building, got caught up at a nasty corridor junction and couldn't move on for a regular stream of fire as soon as any part of you started to break visibility.
    I snuck off on my own, quietly taking an alternative route and taking out a couple of enemies to manage to get into the back of the room that was stopping our advance. Get to an alternative doorway into the room and move carefully across it to get a view into the room. Two hostiles both facing away from me into the corridor the rest of my team are trying to move up. I double-tap both square in the back, ~12ft away, no chance of missing, hear the rounds hit down. I immediately step into the room and continue to scan to the corner I couldn't see on my approach. I suddenly get hit by a burst of auto fire from the doorway I've just cleared, I call my hit half expecting it to be my team mates being over-eager to get into the room and look back. The two guys I shot in the back are now both facing me with guns pointed at me, no-one else there. As I turn to walk out they both turn back to the doorway they were covering.
    Told a marshal on my way out, but I don't get the point of why people do that. The same guys were like it all day. They flat out didn't know I was there until I shot them and they just straight up ignored it, shot me and carried on. What's the point in going and what do you get out of it playing like that?

Came across them several times in the day and it was apparent that in their eyes semi doesn't kill, you only take your hits if it hurts. I rarely hit auto on my guns, but every time I came across them for the rest of the day the fire-selector got a quick flick...

Comment

Thread re-opened for last time.

Keep it civil Chaps please.
      Last edited by blytm; 14 August, 2012, 15:41.

Comment

Ahh, jolly good day to ye all!
        I care to re-live a tale, which is most intriguing! So, if you pull up a sandbag, grab the Pimms and a cigar from yonder box on the drinks cabinet, then i shall regale you with it!

So yeah. In 5 years of airsofting, I've gone through hundreds of thousands of rounds, nearly treble figures in guns, maybe touching 5 figures in cash (site fees, guns, ammo, accessories.... etc etc...). I've played at about 25 to 30 sites all across the country, from very superb CQB sites in Lincoln to my old stomping ground of GZW. I have had mixed experiences, some good days, some amazing, days, some which stick in my mind, and some horrendous days which stick for obvious reasons.
        One memorable instance was the man who, in his panic at seeing a man in a window at GZU, shot said man in the gentleman region with a 120rnd shower grenade. The distance was about 8ft. I have never see somebody drop so quickly. Poor poor man... The guy who did it was rather apologetic though.
        Anyway, on with my story.

I had arrived at a site which i had been to only once before. My experience of the last time had not that great, but willing to give it another chance, i reluctantly went along with my fellow team mates to said site. We did the normal chrono and all was good with the world. Out of the corner of my eye, i did notice a couple of the so called 'Elitests'. Now, me myself do have a fair old bit of the old 'geardo' look about myself. When i began airsofting, my webbing from work did the trick. As time went on though, i decided that new equipment was required, and went through various chest rigs, assault vests, plate carriers and other fancy equipment to get what was functional. Bear in mind, when i go out for the day, i dont come back in for more ammo! As i donned the MTP trousers and green UBACS, chucking the sprayed tan rig over my supple body, i couldnt help but overhear a few comments coming from the 'Elite' regulars of the site.
        'That rig is awful'
        'Its got black tape holding it together!'
        'This lot are going to get smashed'

Oh dear. Its going to be like this.
        Now, normally I do not judge people of first impressions. GZ taught me that, especially after I had a few instances with people who I thought were throbbers, and who actually turned into really good mates, or are really brilliant blokes. I like to think that the people of GZ know me despite my absence from the site for over a year, as i was a regular for 3 solid years. I had many a good laugh and cry down there, and I cant wait for the weekender. But i digress from my topic of choice.
        The point is, i made a judgement on these people instantly. Normally I can give people a bit of rope to hang themselves first.

So, the safety brief starts, it finishes, the games begin!

Hunting around in forests for folk, it becomes apparent that a lot of our team are in the dead zone. Wondering why, I ask the question to a young fellow. Turn out the 'Elitests' are using some rather underhand tactics, and also not being the gentlemen i worked them out not to be. A quick word with a marshal comes back with 'These guys are site regulars, they wouldnt cheat.'

Challenge accepted - To prove Marshal wrong. I know i should take his word, but I take the word of the guy on the ground who has paid his hard earned money to play over the word of somebody who gets paid to keep the regulars happy.

Long story short. We find the guys. We kill them. Some are gracious in defeat. Two of them threaten to 'bang me out', call me a 'Gobshite ***t' and say if they see me in the street they will 'Fill me in'. All because i managed to get behind them and shoot them in the back with a plastic gun which fires plastic white pellets. At the point when i had to politely tap one on the shoulder and inform him that i had just shot him, he turned around and shot me. Tit for tat? Possible. But if you dont want to die in airsoft, dont play.

I used to THOROUGHLY enjoy airsofting. Over the last couple of years its lost its appeal to me.
        I stripped down my kit, so now just have a belt and a few mags. I stripped down my armoury, so now its 2 rifles and a pistol. I find this new compact, run around quickly and dive through bushes tactic much more satisfying than wearing all the gear and trying to be tactical. My favourite day was a simple shotgun and 5 shells game. Nothing else, no mags, no pistol, just a TM shotgun, 5 shells and a speedloader. Best day I had had in a very long time. It made it even more satisfying to shoot Woody in the leg.

The point of all this waffle is the following.

We are always going to encounter the angry agressive over sporting ungentlemenly people. It doesnt matter their age, if they like COD or not, if they are a geardo or an elitest. Its simply how things are these days. But what we can all do, is rather than get angry or bitch and whinge about it, we can do the following:

Take new players under our wings, and guide them through how to play. How to improve. Give them guidance on proper gun control and, if they want it, tactics.
        Not settle for abuse at the risk of offending people or losing customers. I look at the site owners here. Just because you want custom, don't sacrifice your site! 10 loyal customers are not as good as 100 irregular customers who will never return due to your 10 loyal, but douchey, regulars.
        Bring back the gentlemen (and women). Be honest, take your hits. Mistakes will be made. I have had to be told a few times I've been hit. Even by my own team. But at the same time, if my team mate gets hit, I tell them. I don't think they are cheating on purpose, as you do not always feel it. You can tell when somebody is though!
        Lets stop with this tit for tat rubbish. He shot me, I'll shoot him back. Fine, do that! Just not 3 seconds after you have been shot!
        If you don't like a site, or its players, don't keep going there! Also, tell the site owner with constructive criticism WHY. Don't come on a public internet forum and air your grievences here. It does nothing but stir up rivalries and petty squabbles. 'This site is shit' is not the same as 'This shit has its problems, but these could be fixed by...' I would much prefer more sites to choose from! I dont like travelling MILES to go to a site.
        And finally (thankfully eh?) - Its only a game. Its shooting people with plastic bullets. If somebody gets the drop on you, then shake their hand. Congratulate them. I always tell people if they get a good shot on me. Its the sportmanship of this beautiful game. If they clip my finger or hit my lip, get the left bollock or the right, accept the fact that you play a game where you are exposing yourself to getting shot! Its going to happen! Getting stressy about it will achieve nothing. Not taking hits? Then why play the game? You dont belong in a game where you become invincible at the smallest whim. Enjoy it for what it is. Lear to LOVE

Comment

On work computer... can't like or thank....

But thanks, i liked that.

Comment

Bravo sir, bravo.
            Mr H.C Anderson would be proud of that fine piece of literature. :D
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
              Bravo sir, bravo.
              Mr H.C Anderson would be proud of that fine piece of literature. :D
              You just moved a little bit higher on my chart of educated people for knowing Andersen, but still quite low,

Anyhow what is your local site called as I might have one last weekend before school starts.

Comment

I'm far more educated than you give me credit for.

South west wargames, at wrangaton industrial estate, although our next team outing might well be Cornwall Airsoft assault.
                Fancy doing some woodland again, it's been a long time since I did outdoor stuff.
                However should you decide to come down I should be able to accommodate that in my plans.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I admit i have sort of gone ever kill once before in a small bunker on a woodland site-
                  Me and a few other guys had sneeked up behind a lot of people in a bunker and we had taken cover behind a sheet of metal and two of us had thrown a TLSFX grenade into the bunker.We had got everyone but two other guys that had taken cover under a piece of tarp behind a sheet of wood.So as my other teammates advanced around the other side of the bunker to cover me, i had climbed over the wall and started to walk towards the tarp, one of the guys came out and my teammates had shot him, however the other guy was still unaware his teammate had been shot.So i went into the doorway of the tarp and fired about 4 shots on semi to kill him but he wasnt taking his hits, so me being very fustrated i had fired many rounds into him on full auto.

When he realised he had been shot the guy was very mad but i had calmly explained the situation with what happened and he had admited he had not felt his hit and he was totaly cool with it(i felt really bad), but on the other had his mouthy teammate who had been shot when he walked out, was trying to defend the guy i had shot repeatedly. So the bloke who had been ok with shooting him started trying to calm the mouthy guy down, anyway they were both shouting at eachother that much that a marshall had given the mouthy guy a warning after the other bloke had explained the situatuion, by this time i had gone before there was any heavy conflict between them ater the marshall had left.
                  Truth is the first casualty of war
                  Looking for some tm vsr mags, PM me if you have anything

Comment

• My mate got accidentally shot at real close range with a hot aeg the bb's penetrated his neck and he now has twenty odd stitches in that area after an op to remove them.... This is a game yes and it's fun yes but you can really hurt people if you mess about. It shouldn't be about having a hight powered gun and rinsing people down because sooner or later your gonna really hurt someone and they may just come over after and kick your ass for it!!!!! There is no need to be trigger happy lads unless your at a real good distance.....

Comment

^^^^^ Wow! Feel for the guy, that must have stung big style, what happened to the one with the hot gun? Any reason it wasn't run through a chrono? Pass regards on to your mate and hope he recovers ok.
                      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

• Well it's was his mate that done it to him from the same team he was firing over his shoulder and he moved!!! Who needs enemys hey. And the site didn't chrono I believe, the gun wasn't loads hot but it was and he knew about it I just feel everyone would love to have a gun the shot miles and was bang on accurate but if that was the case airsoft would be air rifle!!!!

Comment

hot guns in the hands of muppets is pretty common on my old local site (now closed down). from the day it opened not one chrono check was done people clicked on and before we knew it people were using 400 FPS guns in CQB. this wasn't even hidden when the site owner himself boasted about a 420fps M14 he intended to use for both CQB and the more open parts.

strangely this site was only getting 10 or so people visit at a time.
                          Originally posted by B.E.N.
                          Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

That sort of thing happens a lot I find - similar situation but I was jumping out from a bush, shot a guy in the ribs (he flinched hard) then looks to where the shot came from
                            "oh there's a guy" and rinses from head to toe! I think in this case its partly to do with all the crap he had strapped to him (tee shirt, jumper, molly vest mags) but since he flinched something in his brain told him shots were bouncing off of him somewhere but it didn't register as a hit - I think guys like these only respond when it hurts (time for head shots!)

Comment

If you don't like a site, or its players, don't keep going there! Also, tell the site owner with constructive criticism WHY.
                              Had to pick this one out of the whole page. Great if you live in the London Area, the South West, the Middle of the North or the Scottish Central Belt, but for those of us that don't we have all of one option and that is it, with a site owner that takes direction about as well as a deranged van driver talking to a woman. It is not so easy sometimes and with the way the councils are up here it is not simply possible to set up our own site and off we go.

I really can't wait until i get the permission for a site up here or move somewhere better (only my job and GF keep me here, which is a good job and great GF).

'FireKnife'
                              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Was in a place called the 5 a side at the local site, a small square with short brick walls around it, a guy start to run at us, so me, the girl next to me and a support gunner in in the 5 a side all shoot him, he doesn't take his hits. So we decide to take it to the next level. The girl next to me throws a grenade at him landing 3m infront of him, he still doesn't take it and he decides to shoot us and storm the building.

Even though he didn't take his hits, they still lost because he shot the VIP!! :D
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X