Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    Nope, £85 quid down the swannie. But we figured that we were going to lose that money anyway, might as well get some our weekend back and chak it up to life experience than try and stay and force the value out of it somehow!
    There's no sugar-coating that - that sucks big-time. At least you have a positive outlook on life!

Comment

to be fair, you have to have a little bit of each to their own. When I last went to a tier 1 event I played as Al Queida, so I got some traditional dress, an old jacket, some '58 pattern webbing, a weathered GBB Scar (couldn't get an AK in time), a revolver etc etc pretty much how you'd expect a guerrilla fighter to look. When I get there the rest of the guys are using fully modded M4's, NVG, flecktarn camo, etc. I felt a bit out of place initially but I just thought I was there for a different reason than them. They wanted to use all their gucci gear - that's cool, I wanted to feel like a guerrilla fighter so I slept under a tarp instead of a tent - like I said, each to their own. But if I learned one thing, it's never to use '58 pattern webbing; it sucks so next time my character will be using a plate carrier stolen from someone.

Comment

I ran a palestinian looking 'Jhubba' man dress, a jewish style prayer hat, a romanian ak, and a man stachel full og mags and grenades. Thats all you need!

Comment

I ran a palestinian looking 'Jhubba' man dress, a jewish style prayer hat, a romanian ak, and a man stachel full og mags and grenades. Thats all you need!
          have you seen seansamurai's taliban outfit lol
          Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

• Ah man I forgot to look for Sean!

Comment

What, that one lee?

I've been meaning to do a tier 1 event but for me, the whole reason to do a Milsim is to take it fairly seriously, normal walkons are for Dickin about.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Were you not at this one?

Comment

Nope.
                  I be totally skint until my new job starts paying me.
                  I've been invited by a couple of mates though so will more than likely check it out at some point.
                  I'll let you know when I do.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Pains me to name and shame, but this was the worst I've ever encountered in 4 years of playing.

Playing Tier 1 this weekend, we were ISI, Pakistani Intelligence. We were inserted covertly, purely to watch, and see what happened. As Stanta is too tight to simply watch the whole time unseen, we decided the best bet was to mingle with the Taliban and civvie population. And monitor activity on the ground that way. Un-armed, and using a market stall as cover.

Several of the Taliban shot us on sight, as we didn't have a red team call sign. Despite being unarmed, and in typical afghan clothing. Fair enough, they were jumpy, who wouldn't be?

Eventually, after several occasions of this, we decided that we had to make the Taliban aware of our presence, and take control of leadership (the story dictated we had put the leader in charge, he was our puppet).

We simply instructed the commander to not fire upon us 3, (the whole ISI force) and that we were on side with the Taliban. Confirmation was sorted, and the rest of the Taliban were made aware of the new allies in the field.

We come back home, to find fresh IEDs placed all over our house, and the neighbouring pathways. A fine way to treat your superiors. So we went to approach the Taliban command to reassert, and perhaps take full control of the forces responsible if need be (in game theory, of course!)

Upon walking up to the Taliban, a couple of players let us pass, then turn, and shoot us both in the back. Unarmed, and simply walking down the road.

At first, we thought this could be another case of mistaken identity. Until the culprit, from Maple Leaf Tactical, says "See ya later Blade 8. If it makes you feel any better, you are the 3rd person in the uk to be shot with my new TM shotgun!"

Blade 8 was a new call sign given to us, by the Taliban, so they knew who we were, and what they were doing. And the last part was an out of game gloat. At a milsim. What a cnut.
                    I was the one that shot you in the morning and I'm not being funny we asked two of you a question and you didn't reply just gave us a bullshit response and were wandering around unarmed after a major offensive we knew there's always an undercover CIA element. So a bunch of guys not really engaging the same way the rest of the red force has been, un armed during what was supposed to be a big assault and not even able to tell us what call sign they're in alarm bells start ringing then which is why I slotted you.

Don't know about any of the IED stuff since we were the Recce team and the village elders entourage, but from 11am we knew you weren't friendly so why should we treat you as such?

As for you comment about observing the other team, as the Recce team we had eyes on the fob at a number of times during the day as part of our job as a recce team and were able to sneak up un armed report on movements he'll we even opened up the back door to the blue fob for us to come and say hello during the night how many guys were left behind without being seen the amount of times the Blues on a clearance patrol decided not to clear buildings overlooking the fob was unbelievable.

for you to say it's hard to do so unarmed without drawing attention is bullshit I'm a fat guy if I can be sneaky enough not to be seen observing the blue force for a number of times during the day then it should be easy for someone that's clearly fitter and more athletic than I am.

I'm sorry you had a shit time, but you've blamed T1 on the actions of one guy (I don't see what I did as wrong since you've admitted as spying so nothing wrong with the taliban taking out a spy is there?)
                    Last edited by TOBI; 19 August, 2013, 22:13.

Comment

Sorry, but since speaking to the organisers, it appears that there was a different brief given to us than to the others. What we were told was that we were on side with red forces, working against the CIA and the blue team. That was the brief we were given. Which is why, when we decided to make our presence and identity known, we told the red commander who we were etc. It was after that that the gloating and IEDing us began, which is why we got a bit frustrated. as the discussion about who we were was done out of game, to ensure there werent any elements of distrust.

But as far as Im aware, Tier 1 staff and red command gave the order to continue killing us, which is what we were told would not happen. We were told if it wasnt working out as a special role, to simply join red. Which we couldnt do, because Tier 1 staff members and red command personnel told us to 'fuck off' (whilst out of game) and ignored our request. Hell, even our meeting with one Red force tier 1 staff, out of game, we got stood up, and no one came to meet us

Being shit at our job I could understand, but that wasnt what was happening. What was happening was that the brief we were given couldnt be done properly, and we were unable to join any other team, in game scenario, or out of game behind the scenes replanning.

So to this Dave character, my apologies, you were only following orders (the gloat bit wasnt really necessary but hey ho)

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
                        Trying a new site recently and noted a few Teflon players, but one incident particularly...
                        Me and a mate had found an extemely good spot in a dark corridor, we had great cover, firing from pitch black doorways.
                        So I can see this fella just stood there, in my sights and he's got no idea I'm only 20' away.
                        I shoot him 3-4 times, centre mass. 100% hit. He just looked round, confused and said, "where am I being hit from?"
                        I called from the shadows, "I'm shooting you"
                        He just moved off round the corner, still without calling the hit. I was just bemused at how blatant he was.
                        I didn't want to give up the position we'd got, so couldn't tell a marshal at the time.

I wasn't angry about it, just couldn't understand how some people can be so obvious about cheating
                        I feel for you. Something very similar hapenned to me last weekend, to cut a long story short I tapped a guy from 10 meters away at least ten times on semi, every shot hit him. He realised where I was shooting from at this point and shot me, carrying on past me as if nothing had hapenned. I cracked up laughing, followed him and asked him if he was serious, all the time struggling to stop myself laughing.

It was hilarious because it was just so blatent and he was a terrible player, very clumsey and more worried about not messing up his freshly dry cleaned Gucci multi cam than staying in cover. What a plumb!
                        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

So to this Dave character, my apologies, you were only following orders (the gloat bit wasnt really necessary but hey ho)
                          Sorry but you don't really get to backtrack and declare you'll make him 'wear his shotgun as a thong' now after slagging him off for very little reason in public. Have you actually been to a T1 game before? There is tons of gloating and good natured banter between red force and blue force, before during and after games. He actually went looking for you to apologize and have a laugh with you about it but you'd already thrown your toys out of the pram and gone home.

He really isn't hard to find- you could have messaged him already instead of slagging off him and his play style. Pretty pathetic really.
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

• Hell a few us could even point you to him / him to you. Easiest would be facebook.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I was verbally abusing the blue force all weekend, they all took it in good fun.

edit the way I wrote it made it sound bad, it should read hurling insults..... wait that sounds just as bad....

Comment

Im not really sure what youre on about with the thong?

Look, I apologised, what I believed to be someone dicking about on a milsim was actually a breakdown in command due to staff! We were there for about another 2 hours though, no one came to find us?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X