tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Hmmm I wonder what his excuse would have been in A and E when asked how his pistol ended up in his rectum?
    Your sportsmanship is to be commended though well done you!

Mark
    sigpic

Comment

It's all well and good saying that the bang rule doesn't work, but it only doesn't work because people don't take it on the grounds of "it's unrealistic". Sometimes people are ridiculous with how they try and use the bang rule, and under those conditions then I would agree, you shouldn't take it. If you walk into a room at an urban site or into a building, then you shoot as many as you can before you get shot yourself, fastest reactions wins. But if you sneak up on someone and they have no idea you're there, saying BANG from withing 3 metres has the exact same effect as a knife kill, and you wouldn't argue that. My home site is XSite and they don't play the bang rule, but if someone came up behind me and tried to get a bang kill from a metre or two away, I'd take it, purely because;

A; I don't want to get shot from a metre away.
      B; The guy has been a gentleman and has given someone the option to take a hit with minimal fuss.
      C; He's been a good enough player to get to that position without exposing himself, just because he bang killed me rather than knife killing me, the effect is the same a knife kill, as I've said.

I guess the game is different for everyone, and if people don't agree with the bang rule then it's their place I guess, I just don't think turning around and shooting the person who got the better of you is very honourable in a game based on honour.
      Last edited by FullMetalAsh; 5 January, 2012, 21:49. Reason: Grammar Nazism
      sigpic

Comment

On the flip side of Black Templars story (nice username by the way - Purge the Unclean!) I had a similar situation occur wherein I was out of ammo completely apart from a moscat I'd completely forgotten about (d'oh!) and I stood up out of cover in front of about 5 enemy players and said "consider me dead guys, I'm dry" and got plenty of congratulations for managing to stay hidden for so long and get so many kills as I had stimmied an enemy advance single handedly (and no thats not bragging, I really did).

So it's not all doom and gloom!
        Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

A new update for this thread! Would have put it up sooner but this is the first time i've had more than a couple of minutes for forums in the last 3 weeks!
          Was airsofting just before christmas at a nightgame.
          We were playing the penultimate game, I came around a corner and saw a guy, I called his colour (because he had no armbands on) and he didnt repond. But my shouting at him gave my position away, so the second he drew, I put two rounds in his crotch. I saw him flinch, he then fired but I felt nothing. He got irrate and was telling me I was a "dirty dishonest cheat" and that he hit me on my magazines. However my mags are full metal and make a distinctive *ting*

Anyway, after a bit of arguing I took it and asked him to take his hit. But he told me he wouldnt as I didnt hit him. Back at respawn, 3 team mates catch up with me. Who has allegidly been shot by this guy as well. He told them he was a marshall and if they didnt take their hits they would be kicked off site indefinitely. 2 of them reckon that he was firing blanks and 1 of the blokes had actually watched my encounter with the "marshal" and herd the conversation we had. Aparently I had hit him twice in the crotch (the bloke swears he saw the two bbs hit him where I thought I was aiming).

The long and short of it was, we went to talk to a marshal about it and there were no off duty marshals or player marshals in that game. further more, the d*ckhead was packed and left before we got back.. so we couldnt point him out! the guy had blatently lied about who he was and his skill so that he could try and win the game. I dont understand why people would be such pretenders ¬_¬
          Kiran Payne
          TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
          Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Following on from what fullmetalash has said, i use two pistols in xsites killhouse, and on more than one occasion ive managed to get behind people and "knife" kill them, tap on the sholder with one pistol, other ready if they want to contest the kill. But only having once seen tha bang rule used resulting in an argument, as a guy walks into the room with his gun slung and calls a bang kill after being shot by those of us defending, trying to say he wouldve killed us all... He might have had a chance if he was actually using his £500 rif...
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
              I was talking about the complete lack of punctuation and basic sentence structure. It isn't tricky really.
              Tsssk, kids of today ehhh!
              I just read it outloud in one breathe and it all made sense
              Kiran Payne
              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                At the mall on my last visit i snuck round behind a few players holding up the team, i shot them all but one just looked around and resumed defending, so i shot him again. Still nowt. So one in the back of the head got his attention.
                Seen this at The Mall as well. Emptied a realcap into 3 guys which is competely unnecessary however, the 3rd man wouldn't take his hits & then hid behind his dead team mates for cover. I feel sorry for his two team mates as they probably took 10 or more rounds each even though they called hit after the first shots that hit them! On the other hand, this third man needed to be shot in the back at point blank range. This was the same bloke who was later slapped with a trainig knife because he wouldnt take the knife kill that was clearly landed on him.
                Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

A realcap overkill? Not really comared to what those 190rnd mids get up to...
                  Its a shame really, as theres always at least one at every game, and in my experience it seems to be the guy in £10000000 multicam not that rental kid in the trakkies. But hey! We persevere dont we?
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalAsh View Post
                    It's all well and good saying that the bang rule doesn't work, but it only doesn't work because people don't take it on the grounds of "it's unrealistic". Sometimes people are ridiculous with how they try and use the bang rule, and under those conditions then I would agree, you shouldn't take it. If you walk into a room at an urban site or into a building, then you shoot as many as you can before you get shot yourself, fastest reactions wins. But if you sneak up on someone and they have no idea you're there, saying BANG from withing 3 metres has the exact same effect as a knife kill, and you wouldn't argue that. My home site is XSite and they don't play the bang rule, but if someone came up behind me and tried to get a bang kill from a metre or two away, I'd take it, purely because;

A; I don't want to get shot from a metre away.
                    B; The guy has been a gentleman and has given someone the option to take a hit with minimal fuss.
                    C; He's been a good enough player to get to that position without exposing himself, just because he bang killed me rather than knife killing me, the effect is the same a knife kill, as I've said.

I guess the game is different for everyone, and if people don't agree with the bang rule then it's their place I guess, I just don't think turning around and shooting the person who got the better of you is very honourable in a game based on honour.
                    I dont disagree with the 'bang' rule, my site used to use it, they have since stopped at their new CQB site, its a small skills house setup so close quarters all the time, no more than 30m but for the most part a few meters.
                    They did have the bang rule until one game where it just got silly, some people refusing to take it at anything more than 2 inches away, lots of people running into rooms shouting 'Bang bang bang bang, yer all dead', it in all honesty sounded more like aa bunch of kids running around the garden playing cowboys and indians. On that, they got rid of it and now just count on fair sportsmanship, to which there is, the only 2 idiots have since been removed.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                      in my experience it seems to be the guy in £10000000 multicam not that rental kid in the trakkies.
                      Exactly. Unfortunately I now have a instant distrust of geardos for this exact reason.
                      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                      Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                        I dont disagree with the 'bang' rule, my site used to use it, they have since stopped at their new CQB site, its a small skills house setup so close quarters all the time, no more than 30m but for the most part a few meters.
                        They did have the bang rule until one game where it just got silly, some people refusing to take it at anything more than 2 inches away, lots of people running into rooms shouting 'Bang bang bang bang, yer all dead', it in all honesty sounded more like aa bunch of kids running around the garden playing cowboys and indians. On that, they got rid of it and now just count on fair sportsmanship, to which there is, the only 2 idiots have since been removed.
                        Couldn't agree with you more mate, I feel it can be abused all too easily, however there are times where people feel pangs of pity for the poor clueless sod laid in front of them blissfully unaware of your presence. I also have come to find that broadly speaking anyways, that if you ask someone to take their hit/bang kill them if you get the drop on them they are grateful for the mercy. It's when people try and get clever and take advantage that I dislike. I don't agree with using it in the context you're talking about, I feel if you go into a room which you know has people in, you take your chances and hope you're good enough. I'm talking more about using it if the other person isn't aware you're there. For example, using it instead of a knife kill. I don't feel it should be allowed to be used to kill more than one person at a time, as that's a bit silly. If there's more than one person, just shoot them. But if someone uses it in lieu of a knife kill then I think it should be taken. I've never used the Bang rule per se, but I have given people the option to take a hit or be shot from point blank, I'd be damn well prepared to double tap them if they didn't take it however, don't get me wrong, I'm only a gentleman up to a point .
                        Last edited by FullMetalAsh; 6 January, 2012, 00:50. Reason: Correcting a half finished sentence.
                        sigpic

Comment

Exactly, certain times like you say when you have the jump on someone, then it is good to give them the choice, but dont drop your guard for a second, Ive had one or 2 try it and got doubled for their trouble then got in a nark because I 'overkilled' them, um you didnt except my offer, you tried to shoot me, so therefor a double tap to the chest.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah, if you've been given the option then it's yours to take. I do feel that it should be... encouraged, to take it though. Not a steadfast rule, but you can't honk if you don't take it then get lit up!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalAsh View Post
                              Your friend deserves banning. Just because he couldn't take the fact that someone got the better of him, did he really think that was okay? That kind of behavior is really not what the sport needs. People like that ruin days for others, it's what makes people think "You know what, I can find another hobby which doesn't involve people being total arseholes." I know he's your friend and all, but honestly, I hope I never play with him.

I don't get how people can get so wound up over a sport like this. Just admire other peoples abilities and sneakiness! Chances are you'll get a chance for revenge later on anyways.
                              You see that's the thing I don't think he is allowed to play there anymore because I've not seen him on site , and don't worry he's not like a close friend I'd just seen him a few times on site. So I think when he had a work with the Marshall he told him not to bother coming back , but the thing was we were not playing the bang rule , it was just the Russian dude being polite , which I honour as he is a really polite guy .

Comment

Originally posted by Debbietack View Post
                                You see that's the thing I don't think he is allowed to play there anymore because I've not seen him on site , and don't worry he's not like a close friend I'd just seen him a few times on site. So I think when he had a work with the Marshall he told him not to bother coming back , but the thing was we were not playing the bang rule , it was just the Russian dude being polite , which I honour as he is a really polite guy .
                                Wasn't a personal attack at you mate, sorry if it came across that way! . Yeah I understand many sites don't play the bang rule, but like I say, it's nice to be given the opportunity. I'd always honor it personally, but I guess it's a personal thing and we'll never get a definitive bang rule for the entire airsoft community! Each to their own I guess!
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X