the sacrifise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sacrifise!

ok so we were skirmishing in the wood at my place. the wood is incredibly dense if you are stood up but if you are on you belly you are ok with some good lines of site. it also has some low light even on a fairly sunny day ( which it was on sunday). ok i was crawling throught the undergrowth with my CA m15a4RIS with a aimpoint and magnifier. i saw some movement up ahead on a main track. i got onto my belly with half of me stuck out of a tree. i looked through my site to see a guy from the opposing team there infront bout 25ms behind a tree looking down the main track from the side. the line of fire from me to his back was obscuered with dense undergrowth so there was a 90/10 chance i would miss and he could run off. i just was about to move when i saw movemetn out of the corner omy eye to see one of my team mates (i think his 0in name is rimmerOG not sure) coming down the track towards the guy behind the tree. there it was the sacrifice do i shoot the guy before he shoots rimmer and i can save him and he will come back and help me but there is a small chance i will hit the enemy, ot do i let rimmer get shot and the guy will get confident and move into my line of fire where i can easily take him?

i sacrificed rimmer.

sure enough the guy got confidence and moved into my line of fire where i unleashed one bb into his thigh. i was quite impressed with the shot considering that i could have blared at him with a whole midcap!!

after that mint shot i got up confidence myself and went round the back and shot stretman and then the game ended.

anyway i would like to see what you would have done taken the shot and saved rimmer or did what i did and sacrifice rimmer and get a mint shot out?

Re: the sacrifise!

well done mate

Comment

I would have put some fire down onto the enemy to get his attention, called to rimmer to help move up on the guy while hes engaging me. That way he now has to concentrate on two people at once, and hopefully rimmer can get a flanking move on him and take him out that way. If it all goes well you have 1 enemy down and 2 friendlies still active.

Comment

i can see that working
        forgot to mention that there is no specific game zone you just freeroam. i didnt want to call out incase i alerted any posible enemy that could be behind me

Comment

I suppose so, hadnt considered that.

But thing with airsoft is, that everyone respawns and comes back =]

Comment

Originally posted by Barny Hamon View Post
            I would have put some fire down onto the enemy to get his attention, called to rimmer to help move up on the guy while hes engaging me. That way he now has to concentrate on two people at once, and hopefully rimmer can get a flanking move on him and take him out that way. If it all goes well you have 1 enemy down and 2 friendlies still active.
            but if he called he would have given away his position

Comment

suppose it wouldnt have been a problem if you had comms, you couldve wispered in his ear....
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Em_g View Post
                but if he called he would have given away his position
                I mean after he had started firing, if the target had some sense he would have some idea where the shots were coming from and responded, so theres not much point in trying to hide at that point.

Good point aswell about the comms, i dont really use them myself but i can see the benefits.

Comment

oh yer we dont play respawns because it would get to out of hand for us and since we have to marshal ourselves there isnt very much in the way of authority!
                  also we dont have coms yet. but we are gonna get some!
                  this is good feedback guys keep it coming

Comment

I play respawn's on the land i play on, we marshal it ourselves, works out well. there's only about 5-6 of us to play reguarly so respawns are a must. How many do you play with?

Comment

bout same as you but we had 10 this time!!!
                      we might try respawns it just some people might abuse that and just stay watching people respawn and it wouldnt work!
                      we'll give it a bash though!

Comment

You can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs.

Comment

Throw a BB grenade instead, or a flash of sorts maybe even a smoke but i prefer the BB grenade take the enemy out and not rimmer by throwing it behind the enemy.

Comment

You shot strettman... everybody won :p

I personally would have moved on the guy, keeping his head down with fire till I can get the critical shot and alerting Rimmer, not too team-minded of you but then again if the objective is e&e you probably made the right call

Comment

no no
                              our team won. (well what was left of it)
                              oh we had no pyros unfortunatly or i think that its what i would have done to you gingy!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                              Working...
                              X