Infraction and rules question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infraction and rules question?

I received an infraction today with the following explanation: "As per the forum rules, you cannot mention - cryptically or directly, post pictures (including those with retailer watermarks), or link (including hotlinking) to any website containing products that are in direct competition with either Zero One/MMUK/GZ. Indirect links are also included in this rule. As you are clearly aware of these rules and have tried to circumvent them, you have been given an infraction."

In my post I did not mention any website or retailer directly, I did not post pictures (including those with retailer watermarks) and I did not post direct or indirect links (including hotlinking) to any website containing products that are in direct competition with either Zero One/MMUK/GZ.

I did however use alternative words that have the same meaning as the real words to get across who I talking about which I suppose is the reason that the word "cryptically" has been included in the infraction explanation I received.

I have read the 'Forum Rules - Updated 07/02/2013' page contained within the 'Forum Rules and Guides' section and cannot find the word "cryptically" or any variants mentioned at all so I'm confused as to which "published" rule I've specifically broken. Can a mod help me identify which currently published rule I've broken please?

Here is an extract of the actual published text copied and pasted from the 'Forum Rules - Updated 07/02/2013' page: "This forum is provided by Zero One Airsoft. While we wont begrudge conversations about competitor's products, advertising other shops is not allowed. This includes links (direct or indirect) to shops and forums, hot-linking images, and discussion of other places that could be seen as being in direct competition with Zero One, MMUK and Ground Zero."

Source: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisp...les-and-Guides
    Last edited by Dutch; 3 September, 2013, 12:46.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.

Re: Infraction and rules question?

Is it possible to get a response please? Or is an amendment to the rules required?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dutch Classified Find out more about Dutch
    Working...
    X