Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun sales prefix

Hi all,
    Just been thinking about the classifieds prefixes and I thought of something that may make searching for a specific gun that bit easier,
    and that is similar to having a prefix of "SOLD" you have a prefix of the gun model i.e "M4" instead of a huge title e.g super highly customised gun.....M4 it shows what model the gun is before you even read the rest of the title, I know I would find it a useful tools for the RIF/IF classifieds.

Regards
    X-ray

Re: Gun sales prefix

great idea that X, they can be a bit long winded in telling you the basics, to say the least, wouldn't be bad to split accessories up a bit either, maybe optics and mags, to have a thread of their own, or something like that.
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

On the other hand, what does then have to be in the title? You want to know it's a M4, someone else wants to know it's a M4A1, someone else wants to know the maker (should it be "Classic Army" or "CA"? can also be a real issue with non-stock guns) or want to know who makes the real thing (armalite/colt) , and someone else is more interested in knowing if its metal or plastic, and some what colour it is...¨

could always have an advanced options system like on the bay, but I think that's a little much to ask from a company who doesn't actually make any profit from the 2nd hand sales..
      my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

the idea is to have a model prefix i.e AUG,
        so if you were looking for a specific type of gun you would be able to put filters on so it would only show any AUG's for sale, It is not to show what company makes the gun i.e classic army that part would be the title not the prefix. It is slightly difficult to explain but once you get it I'm sure you will agree

regards x-ray

Comment

There are 1000's of classifications for weapons, even if you added the simple ones then what advantage does it give those that have unique or custom guns if you simply hide the gun from your page. Plus it would overwrite the [For Sale] prefix which would spoil the system already in place.

Sorry but I don't see this being a good or practical idea.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

x-ray Find out more about x-ray
          Working...
          X