Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative feedback for time wasters?

Hello all.

Was wondering what the general opinion regarding douchebag timewasters and feedback is?

For instance, Ive been negotiating selling my plate carrier on here for a while now. The supposed buyer contacted me asking for more pics, fair enough - so I got them. Then a few days later asks for some more info - fair enough, I show and tell him. Then a few days later he asks how flexible the price is, so we agree on a price slightly below my asking price. Then silence for about a week.

Then he comes back asking more pointless little things like "how much do the pouches wiegh?" stalling for a few more days.

Then finally nearly 3 weeks after we'd already agreed on a deal. He demands I lower the price for him again because "its been on the forum so long now".

Needless to say I was less than impressed and told him we'd already agreed on a price, Id already lowered the price for him once and I wouldnt be lowering it any further.

To which I get a short, sweet "not interested then" message and thats the end of it.

Now personally Im rather annoyed by this. As far as I was concerned the payment had been agreed and the deal was going ahead. So does this warrant negative feedback? Or is feedback only allowed for transactions that have been completed... or what? Personally I think time wasters should get negative feedback to warn people that theyre likely to be dicked about by this person, but then I suppose theres the argument of what defines a time waster - it woldnt be fair if theres a genuine reason like your car's just blown up and you cant afford to buy airsoft bits right now.

Re: Negative feedback for time wasters?

Leave him neg feedback, well deserved

Comment

I don't agree with negative feedback. Neutral maybe. As you still have the option to sell it to another person until the point it's paid for. Until its paid the transaction's not complete, therefore you have no reason to hold it for them.
      . .

Comment

+1 Neutral feedback, yes there are time wasters out there but on occasion things just fall through, no excuse for stalling or timewasting but negative may be a bit harsh to go wading in with, could all end in tears.
        Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
        Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Well the deal was agreed by both of you, he hasn't kept his side of it so is blatantly messing around. Time waster defined. Neg him.

Comment

I think that negative feedback for the 'not interested then' comment but I know that sometimes I have enquired about things and then decided that actually I don't need this and it's just a whim, i do feel bad about this but I always buy once I have 'cyber hand shook' on a price.

I don't think we should encourage neg feedbacko because then people will be less inclined to email to ask questions incase they appear to be time wasting.

Though in your case I think you could probably put neg feedback for poor manners and obvious time wasting.

I think it boils down to not wanting to discourage people away from emailing especially items they are not 100% sold on yet because in your reply you can put the hard sell on

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Ive had the same problem and at the end deal I need too save some cash tut, I would love to leave negative for time wasting also seems lots of under 18 users get on without being flaged.

Comment

i say only leave feedback fro a sale that went through..

it sucks, but id say there isnt much you can/should do
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I think cases should be judged individualy,but there is valid reasons for negative feedback obviously.
                  "We" shouldn't be afraid to leave negative but there is alway the option of "revenge" negative feedback,it happened to me but the poster was encouraged by people on here after he tried to take the p155.
                  It's the onlt non-positive I received so no big deal.
                  Negative f/b would hopefully discourage time wasting which always peaks during school holidays funnily enough.

Comment

Pointless putting negative feedback down first - they'll only retaliate.

It's the ones who waste your time asking questions, negotiating a price then saying to you: "OK, cool, when I get paid in three weeks time I'll see if I can get the money"...

Bell-ends.

Comment

The feedback in my eyes is for a deal that's gone through be it good or bad.
                      I'm surprised you didn't pull the plug after the hassle they caused with niff naff and trivia questions tbh.

I don't mind if someone straight up asks me if I can hold onto something until they get paid, but I always warn them that the item stays up, if it gets sold before hand then that's my choice, but if it's still up by the time they have money then it's theirs.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

negative feedback for him will only lead to spitefull negative feedback back, do you want your feedback tarnished? this shit happens constantly and as much as its really annoying you can act against it by selling to the first person in the door and let the time wasters go without.

Comment

If no decent reason was given or even kind enough to give some apologetics- then neg feedback defo.

Trust is a big thing when doing sales via web so as much info as possible should be on the persons profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ark1 View Post
                            If no decent reason was given or even kind enough to give some apologetics- then neg feedback defo.

Trust is a big thing when doing sales via web so as much info as possible should be on the persons profile.
                            in an ideal world/forum, problem is as soon as someone neg's a person they do it straight back out of spite.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                              you can act against it by selling to the first person in the door and let the time wasters go without.
                              Absolutely. Give reasonable time for them to pay but if someone is messing around then first past the paypal post is the winner!
                              "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X