Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Do The Mods Approve Under 18 Sales/Ownership?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do The Mods Approve Under 18 Sales/Ownership?

Before I start...

Everyone: Please don't jump in and get this thread removed.
    Mods: Please give this calm thread a serious response to a serious thread.

Right...

On a number of occasions now somebody has come on here, and let it be known they are under 18. Week or so later, they'll be trying to buy a RIF or spray up a two tone.

Without fail, a mod has deleted any kind of calm and polite response along the lines of 'you can't do that legally', but left the thread in place.
    I really don't get why, I can't see why this is the case, can't see anything in the rules against it. Just seems there is active support for these people.

So please, please just tell us why this is the case
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 January, 2010, 13:45. Reason: incorrect facts

Re: Do The Mods Approve Under 18 Sales/Ownership?

Not jumping on the wagon here jagillham, but i have to agree with you on this one. On a number of occasions iv'e reported the same seller trying to obtain a rif illegally, and yet still he is allowed to post a wanted thread and what not. Also there was another incident last night, which again i pointed out to the mods. The thread was altered slightly, to take out the text saying he would paint the gun. But then who's to know what his intentions were now the thread was changed. I think that anyone underage trying to obtain a RIF should:
    A) Be banned without fail
    B) Or have there status name under there username changed so people know they arn't legally allowed to buy a RIF or an IF.

Also if mod's do edit such threads, posts, surely they should say clearly why they edited it by leaving a post saying the above user isn't legally allowed to buy "yada yada"

Comment

It is in the interests of all airsofters to ensure that someone is not trying to break the law or "get around it".
      As skirmishers we have legal defence for owning and using RIFs. If RIFs (or IFs painted black) ever get into the wrong hands, then the authorities may just decide to withdraw our defense....Then we have no sport and we all lose.
      Happiness is a state of mind. It therefore follows that the source of happiness must lay within the mind.

Comment

I agree totally. In the past I have supported the mods, even when I have had warnings. But to knowingly allow these people to continue to use the site and allow irresponsible sellers and buyers to continue with this practice is as irresponsible as the buyers and sellers.

I do all my transactions face to face, every one of them, regardless of distance. I see the person and check their credentials. I wont sell if I doubt them at all.

I have a guy discussing a sale with me at the moment for a RIF, he is not eligible to buy one but he wants me to 2 tone it. he is prepared to pay for the 2 toning. He understands the implications. Just pointing out that not all non eligible guys are like the ones we are talking about, but if I thought he was in anyway trying to get a rif through the back door he would be reported.

I reiterate what is being said, why can't the culprits be banned or or at least publicy pointed out, even if just to help the responsible buyers on here not make mistakes.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Wait, youve made the title quite vague, i think its alright for them to buy and sell tactical gear, but like hunter101 said about the incident last night, if they want to buy a RIF or IF they should be banned immediatly from the forum

Comment

i assume this thread is about me and i can only apologise that i have upset you but i was only asking a question!
            Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
            Seriously.... WTH?
            Tenth Prestige!
            http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
            http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

Please guys can we refrain from posting here, atleast until a mod/admin posts up.

All I'm looking for is clarification on the rules on this subject, this is not mean't as some kind of lynch mob.

thanks

James

Comment

Okay guys I'll put in my opinion, and explain how I work, but this may not necessarily represent the views of the other moderators, administrators, Zero In or Zero One.

If I spot a known underaged member attempting to buy something that is prohibited under the VCRA, I send them a pm explaining that they must not attempt to purchase prohibited items, and that if they continue to do so, they risk a warning, an infraction, and then a ban. I also trawl through all of their posts where they are attempting to buy said items, and delete them with a note saying "suspected underaged buyer".

If I take any action like this, I must have evidence that the member is under aged, or has no specific defence. I do not do any favours to players I know as some of my younger team mates will tell you! In the last week, I have given 3 warnings for underaged members/members I know not to have a specific defence.

The moderators/administrators do take underaged/no defence buyers seriously, but we walk a fine line, and sometimes it's a difficult call.

Comment

I've a question... and although it may appear not related to this I can assure it is, depending on the answer really... is it illegal to spray 2-tones to black if your registered with the UKARA? I was pretty sure in the VCR it was prohibited regardless but I might be wrong. Does anyone know or was it just a matter of the VCR wasn't specific about it?
                  Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                  Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

If you're registered you can spray anything to manufacture an RIF.
                    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Didn't realise that you can spray a 2 tone black even if you are UKARA registered.
                      So it's OK to "manufacture" a RIF by spraying it, providing you are UKARA registered?
                      Happiness is a state of mind. It therefore follows that the source of happiness must lay within the mind.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                      Working...
                      X