make marking as sold obligatorily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make marking as sold obligatorily

Browsing thru the sales section is quite a bother, all because some people just cant be bothered to mark their items as sold. or just post "mod please close" "sold", locked it but kept the [for sale].. best thing you can do as a seller is to click "thread tools" (upper right) then click "mark this thread as sold..."!! (which will lock, change from [for sale] to [sold] AND grey the title out/cross it out).

Maybe "mark this thread as sold..." should be a big button next to the "+ Reply to thread" so it's easier to find? maybe introduce a "report as sold" so that if the last post says "item sold" we can have a mod look at it and last but not least, introducing a rule that you have to "mark this thread as sold" if the item is no longer available (no point having the function is lazy people just can ignore it).

**Yes I realize some people might genuinely forgotten or didn't know how to (hence paragraph 2, sentence 1), please don't take offense. **
    my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Re: make marking as sold obligatorily

I have been looking for a rifle, sniper and pistol for a few days now and I know what you mean! You read the advert, the price is good, it looks nice, you get your hopes up then the last post reads sold!

Comment

it is part of the forum rules anyway...

no amount of big buttons is going to help those who do not want to be helped!

Comment

Also where does the OP stand on marking as sold on multiple items for sale threads???

Comment

in some respects i find multiple items in a single post frustrating too. Search helps but its still a trawl.

Don't have a workable solution to present, so won't whine on.

Silver Lining: ensures goods only go to people who really really want them!

Comment

I've added a nice large visible button next to the reply to thread button that will allow you to quickly and easily mark your threads as sold.

This will not help those who use this forum on TapaTalk as that has limited/no options for plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
              I've added a nice large visible button next to the reply to thread button that will allow you to quickly and easily mark your threads as sold.

This will not help those who use this forum on TapaTalk as that has limited/no options for plugins.
              Well, hopefully a few less threads will be left open

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
              Also where does the OP stand on marking as sold on multiple items for sale threads???
              They are 'orrible. 100 items, then the next post says which 36 have been sold, then next which 55 been sold etc. etc. not sure if we can edit posts in sales threads? The ultimate solution is that the seller should edit the original post and "mark" the sold items as sold/remove them.

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
              it is part of the forum rules anyway...

no amount of big buttons is going to help those who do not want to be helped!
              the "report as sold" might .____.
              my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

two_zero Find out more about two_zero
              Working...
              X