Updating a sales thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating a sales thread?

I've just put some items up for sale, one of them has been provisionally sold within 10 minutes of the ad being placed, I tried to update the thread to reflect this but was refused as it was classified as 'bumping' the thread. I'm not bumping and the item is provisionally sold. This ruling will waste people's time, not to mention mine, with PMs regarding said item. Can you add a feature for provisional sales?

You can mark the thread as sold and close it via the tools (yellow bar) that appear when you view your for sale post
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Updating a sales thread?

No good if you have multiple items for sale in one thread though

Comment

a dislike for a two month old post? lol
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Lol, nothing personal, it was just so you would see the reply.

Comment

Very silly rule isn't it. I have loads of stuff for sale and now know it's going to be a right pain not being able to edit my for sale thread with updates.

Waste's my time
            Everybody that wants to buy my already sold item's time
            Clogs up my inbox
            Annoys the moderators when I PM they asking kindly if they will edit it for me!

Bizarre.

Comment

A very silly rule indeed - Especially when some one sells you something like a Systema PTW for £700 and then once you've purchased the gun it turns out to be G&G and they say that they edited their thread well within time and it's not their fault you didn't notice it.

Also don't list 100's of items at a time, this is a forum that happens to have a classifieds section, not a shop. You can post that an item has sold in multiple listings after the 3 day bump period has passed. If you receive 100's of PM's in that time, think yourself lucky that so many people were interested in that item. Or simply ask in the forum assistant section of the forum to mark that item as sold if you get annoyed by those 100's of PM's.

This is not a new rule, it has been in place for some time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Scotsmark Ex-Army Medic Find out more about Scotsmark
              Working...
              X