X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minimum post count to access the buy / sell RIF section

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
    Keeping the sales to UKARA verified only will cut out the people who we should not be selling to. Those who choose not to register can either register. (It's free, and playing infrequently does not stop you signing up) or miss out.
    James - did you read my post?

3 Games in 2 months? I cant make that sort of comitment. Even the site I used to go to only has 1 game a month! It's not that I'm fighting the power, sticking it to the man or whatever - it's that I cant get time off and regularly have to book games I wish to attend months in advance.

Or course keeping sales to UKARA Verified only will cut people out. What about people like Dave and I? What about classic Airsoft collectors? What about people that want to start out in the sport? What about 2-tone players? We want to encourage more people into airsoft - not have it die off. The less players - the less retailers - the higher the prices.

Registering on Zero In for me was because the forum I used to use stopped the sale of RIFs altogether - I'm sure there's alot of people on here that were part of that forum and probably UKAN before it. As for other forums - I've been a member of probably *the* original airsoft site in the UK for years - but I dont post much - I do most of my dealing through PMs and usually don't have alot else to say. Hense my post count is Low and I cant access the RIF section. Things like this really annoy me and I feel the need to voice for the few of us that got caught out - casual, fairweather airsofters, who dont skirmish too often but still love the sport dearly.

Have a thought for those who arn't UKARA and have no chance of being unless the membership policy is changed. I'm sure you'll see numbers dwindle if you change the rules for buyers/sellers on here. If that does happen I'll probably setup a forum for RIF sales myself, personally approving the Old Boys of airsoft!
    Last edited by MaRzY; 10 March, 2009, 16:22. Reason: spelling ;)

Comment

3 Games In No Less Than 2 Months!

The whole idea is you don't have to play often. Commitment over time, not 3 weekends in a row.

Comment

Well thats only half of what we were saying. UKARA does hardly anything for the protection of the sport- as already stated some retailers who were at the forefront of setting it up have already been shown up to be actively disregarding the regs themselves. Im not against it because I dont have the opportunity to get it (though its tricky as I go to many different sites). Im against it because its a gimmick and I'm not that bothered about being made to get it just to I can pay a ridiculous amount more money for a new gun.

On the other hand, like I said Ive played a lot of airsoft since I was 14, and I dont want to be told I cant buy and sell guns because my names not on some bullshit database somewhere.

Comment

Whilst the idea of passing a UKARA check to gain access to the sale section is interesting, unfortunately it is not viable, for many reasons.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Leon_London Find out more about Leon_London
          Working...
          X