Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Pictures must be added to all sales threads - a poll.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures must be added to all sales threads - a poll.

I'm half expecting this thread to get taken down soon, and also hate to sound like an Eton educated posh-boy who doesn't know the price of a pint of milk.

But, here goes:

If this forum is run by, and for the benefit of it's users, then surely those very same users must be allowed to have some say in how it's run. I accept that the funding for it comes from a business who want to promote themselves, and to prevent other competitors being discussed, but those issues shouldn't effect everything.

There is a very strong feeling that sales threads should at a minimum include photographs of the items being sold, this is a minimum on many forums and works well elsewhere, and plenty of people also feel that at least one picture should include the users forum name and a date.

In the past it's been argued that not everyone has access to a camera and it's up to the seller to decide if they want to increase the chances of a sale. BUT, we use this forum, we pay money to help fund this forum if we access Z1 and buy from them, without the users this forum would die. If enough users want to see these things made compulsory then why can't it be made a forum rule in the same way that using the sales templates is. There would be no extra work for the mods as they should be checking for templates anyway.

So, I'd like to propose a simple yes/no referendum. Do you want pictures to be made compulsory on all sales threads?
    Yes
    88.10%
    No
    11.90%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

Re: Pictures must be added to all sales threads - a poll.

I tried to make this a poll only, with no option for posting replies, but couldn't work out how to do this. If there is a clear majority for pictures, and the powers that be agree to let the members have their say this time, then we can have another poll on exactly what should be shown and any further restrictions.

Guys, please try not to post comments as these lead to arguments and (as we all know) arguments make it far more likely that a thread will get closed.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Pictures must be added to all sales threads - a poll.

Closed it for you bud. People should still be able to vote though.

EDIT: Didn't work. Guy as Robins asked keep the comments to non please just vote?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
      Working...
      X