role specific forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• role specific forums?

would it be possible to have a couple of role specific sections?

ie sniper section and a support gunners section?

would be nice to see on this forum.

opinions?

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: role specific forums?

A big no from me. The more you cut a forum up into subsections, the less active each part is. Look at ASC UK, hundreds of sections only getting a couple of posts per day. Sucks the 'soul' out of the forum. A general melee of chat keeps it active, and makes it easy for everyone to participate in every discussion.

Comment

It all depends if people actually post in the right section of the forum. Its not exactly working that way at the minute. It just means the mods will have more fun moving more posts to the right section/sub-section.

Comment

Hmmm there's role specific websites with forums on them about, they seem quite active.
        I don't see any problem with it - it just depends on the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          A big no from me. The more you cut a forum up into subsections, the less active each part is. Look at ASC UK, hundreds of sections only getting a couple of posts per day. Sucks the 'soul' out of the forum. A general melee of chat keeps it active, and makes it easy for everyone to participate in every discussion.
          You cant really compare the two tbh, theyve got a infinitely more members than we do. If it was all pushed together like we are on here it'd be chaos (the chaos, or 'soul' we're already starting to see on here). I think role specific sections would be good, with their own moderators in each category.

If the forum is split up into sections with trusted mods in charge of each section only, each mod has an easier job to do surely. Im in favour of it!

This thread should also probably be moved to the feedback section so it gets the attention of the powers that be

Comment

I too think it would be a good idea and would love to see a sniper section.
            As this would enable people to search easily in the subsection for posts relative to their interest, or if they are after gun or kit specific info then it would be in one place.
            It would also stop alot of multiple threads on sniper tactics which I have seen a few of where information gets split into two piles.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
            http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

I can see the bonuses that it might provide, but I dont think its really worth it to be honest.

Obviously there are many serious team players on here who have obvious roles in their team, but for a lot (possibly the majority) of members, including myself, we dont always have specific roles, and have a variety of different guns.

I prefer one place where I can post about anything relating to airsoft, and I will get the attention of people with experience in all different roles and who have experience with all type of guns.

Also, like jagillham said, you lose the 'soul' and I see what he means. And it would mostly all be in either 'assault' or 'snipers' in my opinion, you can see that in the for sale subsections.

just my opinion
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
              Working...
              X