This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock photos in sales threads

Lately I've seen people using what are clearly stock/googled photos in RIF sales thread.

Surely the whole point of mandatory photos is that people can see the actual item that is being sold?

I have reported a couple of these, when I've seen them done by somebody with a low post count, after the amount of scamming that's been going on.

Thoughts? Advice?
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Re: Stock photos in sales threads

I totally agree mate. My discussion with Rampage brought up the requirement to have at least one of the photos showing the words "zero in" (to cut down on the chances of starting a new user profile to match googles images from another forum) and the user's forum name, but at the very least they should show photos of the actual gun for sale.
    sigpic

Comment

i still see a LOT of "Pictures Via Email", but surely if you can email them you can stick em on photobucket or picgarage ect
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

As above,^^^other forums I've visited insisted on the picture carrying the usersname written on a piece of paper,that "should" remove the chances of someone selling something they don't own or using a library pic..

Comment

if you see a post, report it...
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

The whole point of us campaigning for photos in RIF threads was that they would be of the actual gun in the guys possession with a paper slip that has user name and date.

The issue with having the forum name on is the Zero In policy. I am on 4 forums regularly and although my user name is always Loki or a variation of it, there are those that have different ones for each forum. A list of all your user names would mean the same photo could be used on a number of forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Would it be worth having a sticky thread that explains to people how to get pictures up?

Personally I just stick them on Facebook, get the address of the photo by right clicking it, then add that address in between [img] and [/img] on here, but clearly there are other ways to do it. However, before the new policies I used to see a lot of threads with 'can't work out how to get photos on here lolz!' or similar.
              102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

As Bob said report it if we don't find it. If you see one and fail to report its there then you only have yourself to blame.

We have our own lives and do not sit here and go through every thread.

Cheers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-=256=-Swerve Find out more about -=256=-Swerve
                Working...
                X